Periods?

katalena

Enjoying life!
Has anyone experienced any changes with their periods since losing weight?

I have had a variety of fertility problems over the years.

I was born with an imperforate hymen. Had fertility drugs for a while as only ovulated hit & miss. Had IUI fertility treatment and got pregnant on the 3rd attempt followed by a burst ectopic and so on. That was approx 12 years ago.

I have barely had periods for years which I put down to the depo injection. I haven't had that for 18 months or more now.

In January last year I almost had a period and again in January this year BUT today! Wow - I certainly do!

I am questioning whether this is due to the depo - I am aware it can take some time for periods to return.

OR

Weight loss.

I expect it is a combination of both.

Interested to hear others experiences.

Kat xx

Hi Kat,
I would say yes its the diet. Because of the pill I was on I never got periods but certainly did in the first month I was on LL. It returned to normal after that.

Well done on your first weeks loss, amazing result.

I'm on the pill and 4/5 days into LL I got my period even though it wasn't my 7 day break. I've got it again a week early this month - apparently it can take a few months for your hormones to settle. Its because when fat cells break down they release Oestrogen sending your hormone balance loopy. When I did LL last time and Atkins diet before that, I got my period within days of starting them.

HTH

MM x

My first period on the diet was more painful than usual, although not heavier. The cramps actually stopped me in my tracks they were so intense, but luckily, those painful ones didn't last too long.

My pill (cerazette) I don't get periods but last month for about a week/10 days I got what I think the doctors refer to as "spotting". I would have been about a month into LL by that point. Nothing since though

Yesterday, 2 and a half years since my last period (i.e. when I got pregnant), my period started! I also have fertility problems and have very irregular cycles and annovulatory cycles, plus I'm still breastfeeding so I wasn't particularly worried about having no periods. However I'm so glad it's arrived as it gives me hope that I have a chance to get pregnant again.

I was on Depo for 7 years, and I have to say that I would never recommend it. but that's a whole other story. After stopping the Depo it took 2years to get my periods back and then I had 20+ in a year so they were very irregular.

I am assuming that my period has returned because of my weight loss, and perhaps also because of a reduction in breastfeeding. I have PCOS and I know that I am insulin resistant, low carb diets are supposed to be very good for PCOS sufferers.

I've made sure I've noted it in my diary so I can watch for any pattern in the next few months. This period is heavier than normal and a lot crampier too although that doesn't surprise me as it's my first since giving birth.

I never thought I'd be celebrating having my period LOL!

Mine have definately changed. I now have a period every 2 weeks which is a pain. Although last week I finished on Wednesday and started again on Sunday so haven't a clue what they are going to do next. Atleast I don't retain fluid otherwise I'd never be losing.

Donna

Hi Guys, this is the end of my 2nd week 2day and i don't believe iv'e lost anything, i dont get periods very often probably 2-3 a year as i have PCOS, well since starting LL i'm now on my period, really happy that i have one but gutted as its my weighing tonight and i don't know that i aint lost anything. Hope it will show next week. xx

charlie blue , how did youre weigh in go ???
kat its youre wi today too isnt it ? do tell :0)

Same with me charlie. I have lost, I know I have but not sure what yet. If you haven't lost don't despair, you will have a fantastic loss next week!!

I have the mother period from hell! Heavy and painful!

WI tonight at 2000 :)

Excited.

Kat xx

Hi Guys, Well i lost another 2lb tonight which i guess i'm ok with as its totm, i have pcos so i haven't had a period for a long time. xx

fantastic charlieblue , well done , hope youre tum feels better soon xx

Well done on your loss Charlie! Hopefully when TOTM passes you will have a fantastic loss!

Kat xx

Back