Personal Trainer

DearFatty

Silver Member
Has anyone here used a personal trainer ? I hate exercise and know if I join a gym I won't ever go, but feel I need to exercise to get my weight off. I am seriously considering getting a personal trainer to come to my home once or twice a week and wondered if anyone had used one and if so if it helped ?

I did 3 sessions (it was a special intro offer) with a PT in a gym once. I found it really good but they don't half push you! At least mine did! Maybe that's a good thing though as you don't give up so easily with a PT there pushing you. One at home would be good. Let us know how you get on.

Can't afford I'm afraid, that's why I do dvds.

When I was a member of LA fitness I use to use the services of a PT instructor quite a bit, she did group PT sessions once a week for a maximum of 6 people, it was a great way of getting 121 at an affordable price and when she had her 121 sessions on offer I would buy some of those. It was worth every penny I do have to say, very motivating, and I still use some of the techniques she taught me now. If I can ever afford it again, will definintely go for it.

I say if you can afford it go for it, be clear what you aims are at the initial session then you will get the most out of it.

I haven't used one but am considering it, so will be interested to hear also :)

I've used one at the gym in previous years and it was worth every penny. They push you so hard and teach you lots of things and also make sure that you do things correctly.

If I could afford someone to take me out even once a fortnight I would do it like a shot. Worth their weight in gold!!

I have found a lady PT who is near enough to come to my home so am going to book with her. Her initial fee is £85 for 90 mins consultation etc and then £34 an hr and so I am going to book and see how I get on. I really need someone to push me as I dislike exercise so much and she said she leaves homework for sessions to do yourself inbetween seeing her !! I may regret this lol and will let you know how I get on :)

Good for you! Sounds expensive though!

To get round my 'I'll go tomorrow' problem, I used to go to classes at my local gym. It's a bit like SW - you get to know some of the people there, and then if you miss a class, they all wonder where you've been (and expect you to be there). It made me keep going - peer pressure works wonders with me! Also, the instructor got to know all of us (and what we liked/didn't like) so knew how and when to encourage us. It was a bit like 121 training, but a lot cheaper!

Good luck with the exercise!

Oh God yeah...for Bob I'd train 14 hours a day!!!

If you've got a wii, I can heartily recommend My Fitness Coach. It's really good - changes every time you do it, and is a real challenge. And only £15 too!

Back