6 Chicken Drumsticks
1tsp mixed herbs
1tsp Knorr Aromat
4 slices of wholemeal bread
1/2 tsp Paprika
Pepper
3 eggs
Greaseproof paper to cover an oven tray

Place three slices from a 400g wholemeal loaf into the microwave and cook for 2-3 minutes, remove and allow to cool.

When breadcrumbs are cold place into a mini grinder with the herbs, paprika & Aromat and season with Pepper grind to a fine powder, place in a medium size plastic bag.

Prepare an oven tin by covering the inside with greaseproof paper.

Break the eggs into a small dish.

Set oven to 180c

Place the Chicken Drumsticks into a saucepan of water, bring to the boil, turn down to simmer for 5 mins, remove drumsticks and allow to cool.

When cool remove the skin, you should have a moist piece of Chicken.

Firstly dip the drumstick in the egg and then holding the bone of the drumstick, place into the bag, close the open end of the bag and holding it tightly, shake until the drumstick is covered with the breadcrumb mix. Remove and place on the baking tray, adding breadcrumbs where they are missing!
Cook for about 15-18 mins or until the drumsticks look nicely browned…

Serve with salad.

Knorr Aromat 90g tub

1 teaspoon:

Kcal =8.05
Carbs =0.75
Sugar =0.40
Fat =0.18
Sat fat =0.09
Sodium =1.17
Salt based
On Sodium=2.90

Attachments

• IMG_0161 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0161 (Large).JPG
    128 KB · Views: 1,435
  • IMG_0158 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0158 (Large).JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 1,086
Look good!!! I tried the SW KFC recipe and hated it, whats this one like compared to it? Have you tried the SW KFC recipe thats a 'sticky' in one of the forums?!

Also what is Knorr Aromat?! lol

Hi There.
No I haven't tried the SW KFC drumstick. Knorr Aromat is a food seasoner, you can use it on most foods, it's in a small 90g shacker tub and it's in the spices section in our Sainsburys.
My mom always used it as it was Swiss as was she!
I looked at the original recipe for a genuine KFC coating and tried to match it were possible, removing non SW ingredients.....

I made these last night and instead of the aromat and mixed herbs used Perfect Shake by Schwartz (Season All), I also had some spare chicken breasts so made nuggets too - really tasty. :D

I used 3 slices of 400g bread and 2 eggs.

Back