pharmacist support! What's it been like for you?

matronix

Just wondered what the quality of pharmacist support was like with you all.
My sister started today and she felt that the pharmacist was not very interested. He did not even sit down with her and go through the questionnaire. She felt he just glanced at it, didn't ask her age or work out her BMI. He wasn't able to work out he KG to lbs. How bad is that.Surely there must be set standards they are expected to meet!
The experience did not inspire her. She will be joining the site under the name of "NIDDELS" so look out for her.
My pharmacist in contrast has been fantastic. Even after a week we have a running joke as to what weight loss I should aim for. I would be happy to get to 11.5lbs where he says I could go as low as 9.5lbs. The last time I was that weight I must have been 11 LOL.

The staff in my pharmacy are really lovely but some of them really do lack knowledge of LT. The actual pharmacist is spot-on and knows his stuff but I rarely see him. To be honest if ever I have a question or need support they are not the first place I turn to, Minis is

My pharmacy staff are very encouraging but I don't think they know an awful lot about what you are allowed and what you are not. Even on my first visit they told me I could have some cheese and on crackers if I really fancied it! Rubbish advice. Thankfully I have learned all I need to know on this site. Much better advice than the pharmacy.

The first pharmacy I went to asked me to fill in the form and come back the next day. When I told them I lived miles away and it might be a few days before I could get back the girl told me not to worry and went on to sell me a weeks worth of shakes no questions asked and no form filled in!!! She just said bring it back next week!! For my first weigh in I found a pharmacy closer to home and they have been brilliant and know exactly what they are talking about.

Gayle x

my pharmacist is useless i felt like i was doing this blind till i found this site im soo grateful for this i think i would of failed in first few days if it was not for this my pharmacist told me i could eat as much chicken and fish as i needed if i was hungry!! but i decided to check here first and needless to say i was totally advised against it. i dont have much confidence now in my pharmacist so thinking i will change to someone else.

I've yet to go for my first weigh in but when i went down to start lipotrim the woman behind the counter and the pharamist were great!
He sat down with me, explained everything, went through the form i filled out and was great :D (mind you, pretty dishy for an oldie!! ;))

mines OK doesnt really know much about it. i was told ur spose to get ur urine checked n blood pressure every week but i dnt think that happens 2 hardley any 1. i jus go in get weighed get the shakes n go thats it. we dnt even sit dwn!!!

Hi everyone
My pharmacist has been fab. He is in Brixton/Streatham area. He has been clear, non judgemental and encouraging at the same time as being realistic about the challenges and what to expect.
I saw one of his colleagues (a female one) once, she was not that helpful and told me my urine stick result was too dark. I had to explain to her that that is what you woudl expect from a first sample in the morning!
I saw another assistant and he was funny. Great and curious- he was considering doing it himself!!

Mine is really encouraging but as seems to be the case with a good few others, doesnt really know anything about it! Also they do not get me to pee on a stick, and they have never checked my blood pressure.

I go to a clinic in Huddersfield and the lady that runs it is fab. We had a good chat when I first went in, and she went through everything. On weigh in day she took my BP and another long chat about how I was getting on. Apart from the fact she is very professional, she is a lovely warm caring person and I feel like she really cares about how I get on :)

my pharmacist is ok - she is sweet but i don't think she understands how LT works. After losing 1 stone she asked if this was my last week! I thought they would want us to get to goal?

She didn't check my BMI nor take my blood pressure, or get me to pee on a stick.

Having said that i don't really care as the support from this site is amazing :D

They are friendly enough in my chemist but i think its all about making money. One of the girls who weighs me says she cant remember my name every week I tell her she doesnt have to remember my name I dont expect her too. She is very loud though and when people are waiting to pick up prescriptions she shouts out what I have lost. One week I nearly died she was saying wow you weighed 16stone 2lb to start with and look at you now. I felt all eyes on me. I didnt have the heart to say stop it. Whats worse though is when I have lost 2lb or something small she says what have you done wrong this week. lol. I usually say totm. I dont think that is a very encouraging comment because it makes you feel like you have done something wrong. This is the only place to come for support and understanding. It is always spot on:)

You should tell her that if she was informed at all on weight loss, then she would know that you don't have to do something wrong to not have lost 7lbs plus. You should also take in 2lbs of fat to show her, and tell her that you are not happy with the indiscreet way she is handling you, and that if she does not learn how to behave in a professional manner that you will take your business elsewhere.

Also that if she has nothing nice to say she should say nothing at all. :D

I havent had my first weigh in yet..

My pharmasist seemed nice though and even laughed at me wearing odd socks cause i had to take my ugg boots off lol!!

We didnt really have a chat because i had read up so much online, he asked me a few questions and seemed happy enough that i knew everything!

my pharmacist ok - but disappointed their stock was low only had choc shake and peanut flapjacks!!
Didn't get measured either - heard others are?

my pharmacist ok - but disappointed their stock was low only had choc shake and peanut flapjacks!!
Didn't get measured either - heard others are?

I didnt get measured until the second week and I had already lost 8lbs by then. On my 3rd week weigh in I had lost 3cm from both my hips and waist though.

Back