pharmacist support! What's it been like for you?

I didn't get measurements taken either, there seems to be lots of inconsistencies with all the pharmacies.

Hi all, I went to my pharmacist yesterday to get my shakes ready to start tomorrow. He was very thorough on what i could and couldnt have. He was telling me he and his brother had both been on it and lost some weight. I got on the scales and he said "blimey" i did feel a bit embarassed but i just thought maybe he dodnt think i was as heavy as i am :) So i will update you all next week on how my first week has gone. Im determined to lose the weight but im also scared as my social life will come to a stop now. But its a small price to pay i suppose. Wish i could be the kinda person to be the designated driver so to speak! He also gave me a small pot to take a urine sample in with me next week.

Good luck for your start tomorrow Molly. Get through the first few days and you will be fine. You sound determined to do it and it's good to know your pharmacist has done LT as well. I find after a few weeks you can get your social life back on track, it'll be a little different that's all. Good luck.

You might lose 14lbs the first week but don't be downhearted if you don't. The weight will continue to come off at a good rate after that, not like other diets when it goes down to 1lb a week. Obviously we wont have huge losses every week but to me as long as I lose each week I will be happy. I've got a lot of weight to lose and am in no rush.

Yes i also have a lot of weight to lose and im positive that i will on this diet. i have lost weight previously but like others seem to put it back on. Fingers crossed i can be a success on this x

i agree with vixen buffy you should say something the first chemist i went to was awful the girls and the pharmicist were horrible and made you feel as if you were getting in the way i had to go on a sat due to work and it being so far away so when i asked when the best time to go was she said dont matter where busy all day so i found the morning best but they still use to make me wait one day i waited over half an hour serving people who had come in after me then make you stand behind the counter and weight you infront of the the whole shopand when i was ill i dragged my self up there full of flu and hadnt lost much 2lbs i think she shouted at me i then decided to stop . she even had my friend in tears one day when she hit her target she said well your just gonna put it back on so to get to happy about it just like to say she hasnt .This is about making money to them they are selling a product its down too who you get and that person but i found another chemist a year later and started again i was dreading it but she was sooooooooo nice and still is was nt looking forward to going back after buting some on but she really encouraged me and she told me that so many people have come to her complaning about the same chemist so i wrote to complain and my friends and YEAH they dont do it any more it has been moved to another chemist in the same area i just wish i had said something to her myself this is hard enough without out the person who is supposed to be looking after you putting you down
they just jealous i say she was no skinny mini herself sorry for waffleing butshe still annoys me lol

Thanks for all your replies.
It does appear there are real inconsistencies throughout the service provided. I believe we should question the support we receive as the Pharmacists are getting paid by the government to provide the service. I would suggest you make a formal complaint to you Primary Care Trust (they hold the purse strings and allocate the contracts to the pharmacists.
It appears complaining does work.
Good luck Molly.

wen i go to my wiegh in, I get a choice of 2, the pharmasist is really nice, really supportive, full of compliments or the trainee, equally as supportive, funny and really hot..... she olnly 23 too ;) lol

both however are very knowledgable of LT

my pharmacist is sound tbh although dont feel i need any info or support as i get what i need off here and from my family so its all good

I've been to two pharmacists to get my lt. The ones in prestwich seem really nice, but not too fussed about chatting etc...my pharmacist in warrington who I go to regularly is really nice and supportive but she never remembers my name which really gets on my nerves since ive been going there for like 4 months.

Prestwich explained things alot better than she did, but overall i'd be happy to use both of em if I needed support

Well, my lipotrim lady is lovely, very friendly....remembers my name, interested and takes time to find out whats going on with me I wouldn't want someone to be overly fussy really just there if I need them and to buy my stuff, otherwise most stuff learnt is from here or my sister (blue eyes).

My Chemist this time around is great. He called me twcie in the first week to see how i was getting on and takes his time explaining everything and answering any questions i have each week.
He has been really supportive while i have been gettting my wisdom teeth out and let me weigh in anyway for the last two weeks while i was re-feeding.
He also knows that i cant get to the Chemist until around half 6 on a Thursdau from work and hung on for me when i was late on week two....

The first Chemist i went to in 2007 was a miserable sod. He accused me of cheating in week three when i lost 2lbs even though i had'nt!! He was not helpful at all.......

Tell her not to worry, we'll all support her and we are better then any Chemist!!!

Until recently my pharmacy support was atrocious! When I went the first time I knew more about LT than the lady herself. She did not know what Ketosis was and she worked out my weight wrong when she converted it because she didnt use a chart! She let me start LT when I was on strong medication when I shouldnt! I only found this out from my doctor the week after. She didnt check my medical questionnaire properly even though I clearly stated on it what my health problems were at the time. Blah di Blah di blah. All in all she was horrible. I lost 12lbs the first week and she didnt say anything positive. She said "thats nearly a stone gone but looking at your weight chart you have a VERY VERY VERY long way to go" (cheers, tell me something i dont know)

It got to the stage where I would go for a weigh in and she would weigh me and just give shakes, she never asked me anything and neither did I. And it was very very awkward. And she frowns when I lose 4lbs! In my opinion 4lbs is fantastic!

Anyway recently I have got a new lady who sees me and she has been on the diet before but couldnt stick to it, and she is great! she knows what Im going through and always sits there and talks to me properly to make sure everything is fine! Im glad for that. But she isnt there all the time so I dread having to see the other woman.. especially when I have a bad week! and I shouldnt be made to feel like that!

I did consider complaining... but I didnt think many people had the same experience and its the only pharmacy that does it in my town so I really wouldnt wanna mess that chance up if anything were to happen.

When i first started i saw one of the counter sales girls,she was very nice and talked me through it but i do feel they dont give you enough info on how to start but then id saw it on here and did my own reading so maybe she thought i already knew.Ive been going since april and see more or less the same woman and she gets excited when she sees me lol made me bring in a before photo and showed it round lol
Some of yours sound rubbish though and that there in for the money.
xxx

Back