Pharmacy scales wrong???

SlimmerSu

Gold Member
I genuinely have no idea what week i am in, but as i have admitted before i am not coping well with eating!!

Last night i had 2/3 of a packet of caramels, 2 packs of hula hoops, a wispa bar, and my normal dinner of chicken and salad. That was after 5pm and i can't remember what i had throughout the day (apart from a hash brown at my mums that was begging me to eat it, so i did)...

This morning i had oats so simple and went for my weigh in as normal..... I NEVER eat before my weigh in, but i completely forgot about it, and i have sts the same as last week.. How does that work???

I have put on 3lb since i finished LT, but i am quite pleased with that as i was preparing for much much more.... That is the reason i have not kept a refeed diary or a maintenance one...

I really hope you are all doing well x x x

Hi hon

I'm a little confused, were you expecting to gain weight this week given that you've been a little *naughty* ?

What you have to remember is that once you remove the regaining of water/glycogen from the equation (and if you're well into refeed you already have) that it takes 3500 excess calories over and above your daily requirement to gain a pound of fat. You may feel like you over indulged but its clearly not to excess which is why the scales remain the same.

It's natural that its gonna take you a while to settle into a new eating routine after LT, after all you've not had to contemplate food for weeks. Try to relax a bit and don't give yourself a hard time, you may think you're not doing so well but the scales don't lie. If needs be start a refeed/maintenance diary if for no other reason than to get reassurance from others that you are indeed on track.

You've done so well hon, keep up the good work x

Hi Cookeh....I was fully expecting a gain as I am not coping well at all with maintenance, but I have decided to not stress about it and come back in the New Year as i had planned to, and then go straight onto WW after my 2nd stint on LT... I need to learn portion size and self control, both of which are lacking at the moment!! lol

Thank you so much for your advice x x

Dunno what you want us to say Su?! The scales are fine it's your diet that's up the creek.....ok so it might not show on the scales at the moment but sooner or later the weight is going to go back on, albeit gradually, if you keep eating the same as you did before LT.

I know that you've got a lot going on in life at the moment, is that why you're eating crap or missing meals rather than trying to get a balanced diet? If you're out with your parents most of the day why don't you pack a flask of soup, or some sandwiches, fruit, natural yogurt??? Anything rather than hula hoops and chocolate!

It's like you're trying to punish yourself in some way by reverting to the way you used to be......

Having previously done lipo i know how hard it is for keeping weight in check afterwards, i was young and a bit silly when i did it and thought ooh im skinny now nom nom nom, but here i am back again but ive learnt from it, so focus on the fact do you really want to have to go through lt again at some point? i know i never want to put myself back in this position ever again its just not worth it.

as for pharmacy scales, mine added on an extra 2 stone the first time but then showed the correct amount after i said it wasnt right... very weird i shouldnt have said anything would have been one heck of a first week loss:sign0151:

good luck su you can do it x

Su, you're on the same week as me :) and you've gained the same as me! lol We'll get ourselves sorted come Jan, but I'm going to try not to put anything on this coming week, and try to get at least 1lb off. Fancy a -1lb challenge with me? :)

xx

Su, I am not one to speak cos bordom has kicked in big time for me and I have not been 100% on LT. Even though the wi has not been too bad the nutritional content of crips and choc can't be good for the body in the long run. Could WW prog help as a guidance to keep you on the straight and narrow until you start LT again in Jan? :eek:

Go for it Jayne and Su......-1lb...you can do it!!!! Go go go ladies!!! 1lb is not a lot!

Su, it seems to me you know exactly where you are going wrong. After having been so strict on LT it's natural that you'd be tempted onto choccies and crisps, after all you have been deprived of those *treats* for so long, I think there is an element of getting it out your system once you start eating again, and I already know that I shall probably spend a week or two doing that before reigning it back in again when I get to goal. There is nothing wrong in doing that so long as *you* remain in control of your food choices and not the other way around, you know?

You have a plan for the new year and that's great, the focus now should be in maintaining over the Christmas period since, as Im sure all the maintainers here will agree, is actually way harder than actually losing the weight to begin with.

Might be worth also doing some research on the internet into recipe ideas and calorie content of foods. Work out some menu plans and plan for treats so that you don't feel deprived. I lost 4st a few years back on WW's on the plan where you don't count points, you just eat 3 meals a day of unlimited portion size!! It taught me nothing of protion control but did educate me in the importance of eating good meals. That said, even when I did start counting points I ate smaller meals so I could eat more treats so that didn't teach me much either!! hehe

It's all a learning process hon and you are just at the very start of that. You will get there with the help and support of those around you, on here and your own sheer determination to continue to succeed x

Back