Phat Bird's CD Diary

phatbird

Well, I've taken the plunge and been to see my counsellor. Am starting on Wednesday as I have a lunch on at work tomorrow and am all ready to go. I have 3.5 stones to lose and just want it off as quickly as possible so really going to try my best.

Have done CD before and it's been great but have had to stop at times when I just have not had the money, this time I will be able to keep it up for as long as it takes. Counsellor says not too long on SS but I would like to do it for at least 4 weeks if possible. I am worried I will struggle on the other stages of the plan.

I am not very tall and hate having a BMI over 30. Looking back since I have the kids (aged 2 and 6) I have yoyo'd and I really wish I could find a stable weight. I I will admit that I am not great at exercising and I think this is a big problem for me. I work full time and have the kids to come home to, I can't find the time to fit it in - once they are in bed I just want to veg in front of the tv or in bed with a book.

I have noticed that I have not been caring for myself as much as I did before the kids. Eg. my clothes are old, I look dated, my hair is no longer shiney and highlighted and has obvious grey's, my nails are never done, etc etc. When did I turn into this middle aged frump???

I have a lovely husband who is 6 years younger than me and I want to look nice for him as well as myself. I hope I have the strenght to get this weight off and keep it off. I am really excited about starting and can't wait for those pounds to start dropping off.

Wish me luck.

PB

Hey there,

I'm sure you can do it, it all goes so quickly on ss :) and keeping a diary here is really motivating.

Thanks

I see you lost 18lbs in 4 weeks - that is amazing :D

Hi PB, congrats on taking the plunge! I completely agree with what you say about not caring for yourself. I think we get so used to staying in the shadows and not drawing attention to ourselves, we get stuck in a rut of wearing dull dark clothes etc.

I tie my hair up the same way everyday, I wear black trousers everyday and never ever wear make up. x

Good luck PB, I'm similar to you in that have got 3 and half stone to lose and want to as soon as possible! I've got one of my best friends wedding and my boyfriends birthday in the 2nd week of June and that's my target for the weight loss. 13 weeks should get me close I'm hoping.

How'd you find CD before? This is my first day and so far I have only let water and CD products pass my lips - my rule I've promised myself I'll stick to until I come off SS.

Lou x

Thanks Kez.

Lou, I loved CD before and did a good 8 week run of sole source a few years back. I am hoping I can stick with it for as long as i can. I have an engagement party and a wedding coming up and really want to be slim for my little girl's 3rd birthday in June. Good luck, I find that taking Nytol helps in the first few nights as I get agitated at night until well into ketosis, so if you feel like this too it might be worth investing. Just keep drinking that water and distract yourself if you feel hungry by painting your nails or having a bath. We can do this together.

I start tomorrow, got my packs all ready to take to work. Am sooo excited about doing something about my weight !!!!!

PB

Well, I've taken the plunge and been to see my counsellor. Am starting on Wednesday as I have a lunch on at work tomorrow and am all ready to go. I have 3.5 stones to lose and just want it off as quickly as possible so really going to try my best.

Have done CD before and it's been great but have had to stop at times when I just have not had the money, this time I will be able to keep it up for as long as it takes. Counsellor says not too long on SS but I would like to do it for at least 4 weeks if possible. I am worried I will struggle on the other stages of the plan.

I am not very tall and hate having a BMI over 30. Looking back since I have the kids (aged 2 and 6) I have yoyo'd and I really wish I could find a stable weight. I I will admit that I am not great at exercising and I think this is a big problem for me. I work full time and have the kids to come home to, I can't find the time to fit it in - once they are in bed I just want to veg in front of the tv or in bed with a book.

I have noticed that I have not been caring for myself as much as I did before the kids. Eg. my clothes are old, I look dated, my hair is no longer shiney and highlighted and has obvious grey's, my nails are never done, etc etc. When did I turn into this middle aged frump???

I have a lovely husband who is 6 years younger than me and I want to look nice for him as well as myself. I hope I have the strenght to get this weight off and keep it off. I am really excited about starting and can't wait for those pounds to start dropping off.

Wish me luck.

PB

welcome and i hope you do really well. think treats when you reach each goal. nails, clothes, hair, a nice piece of jewellery etc. these types of goals work wonders at improving your image. us ladies are just all the same.... things take over our life. kids, hubby, housework, work, etc etc. we need us time. make sure you get your time hun.

as with exercise what about a wii fit thing? everyone on here who's short on time or don't have the money goes on that. i've got one but i'm afraid i just don't really use it. i'm a gym person and love my workouts, running and classes. a fanatic if you like :D

WOW great things, look at your ticker, am amazing loss. I hope I can do as well as you. Are you still SSing?

I love running, just dont like running alone and my running mate a bit flakey. Feel likie I have to push her to do it every time and she drops out a lot. Now the nights are lighter I may get the confidence to go alone. Gym no option for me :-(

Thanks for your support.

PB

DAY 1

Well, today is going fine so far. Had my 1st pack at 12.00, a big bowl of soup which I used a tea spoon to it.....it took ages :) Have drank a litre of water so far and will drink another before I leave work.

Am going out to get some nytol in a minute, they will help me sleep till I get well into Ketosis.

Well, it's nealry 8pm and I have had 2 litres of water and 2 packs and I can honestly say I am not hungry. Suspect that this is change tomorrow when I start to feel empty. I have a very long drive tomorrow and am hoping I don't have to stop 100 times to wee, suspect I wont get through much water.

So far so good, I am excited about starting this journey and about how might I might lose in the few days before my weigh in on Saturday.

PB

Last edited:
DAY 2

Day from hell!!!

Could not find my phone charger and then ended up leaving my laptop at home. M25 awful this morning then a bloody fire on the A11 so I was stuck there for ages.......turned up late for a meeting with my boss in Norwich with no phone or laptop....GREAT.

However, I have stuck to the plan and had my 3 packs. I have not drunk enough water because I had a long drive and consequently have a head ache but trying to hydrate myself now.

Feel tired and a bit weary but a nice bath, do me toe nails and a couple of Nytol and I'll be just fine.

Wonder when I will be in ketosis? Hopefully Saturday??

Tomorrow 10 of us are going for lunch in pizza express, I am going to stick to a bottle of fizzy water...wish me luck :)

PB

Hey PB, I hit ketosis the end of day 2. So keep strong, there is no reason why tomorrow shouldn't start to get easier. Day 4 is usually hard as the mind games start to set in. lol

Sounds like one of my days. I am so scatty!

Thanks Kez, my tummy is grumbling at the moment but I am keeping strong.

I was VERY scatty this morning, I blame sole source hahaha.

PH

DAY 3

Well

Well I made it through day 3!!!!

I made do with coffee and water in the morning and got myself an atkins bar which I took to Pizza Express and chewed very very slowly, whilst working my way through a litre of fizzy water, whilst everyone else stuffed their faces. I got lots of questions about the diet, and lot of comments, and it seemed to me that everyone was sneering at me for doing Cambridge and it just made me stronger !!! Then had to sit through a meeting and worked my way through 1.5 lites of fizzy water (did have to keep nipping out to wee).

Just had a chilli soup pack and am going to have a nice early night.

Don't think I am in ketosis yet but have high hopes for tomorrow or Sunday.

PB

Day 4

Well, I went o see my counsellor today and have lost 3lbs. Thats a pound for each day I have been on the diet and I feel great. I find the weekends harder to cope with than the week days, but I am sure I can manage it. I have an engagement party in two weeks that I want to look nice for, my goal is to lose 11lbs and hopefully a dress size for that party.

I have a bit of an upset tummy and keep going to the loo but expect all the water is flushing my system, this is a real good detox !!

PB

well done hun, a 1lb a day is a great start, ur doing great so keep at it!!

Day 5

Having a good day today, got up and did wii fit then went for 2 hour walk round park with the family....life is good.

Think I am getting into ketosis but am having the urge to nibble on chicken and ham...a protein craving!! I suppose that is better than a carb craving eh?

I keep thinking that this diet has to be taken day by day hour by hour to get through it. I keep thinking about seeing all my friends and family at a party in 2 weeks and that is spurring me on to stick to SS and be a dress size slimmer.

The sun is trying to break through and I think I might go and have bath to distract myself.

PB

Just take it day by day, it will get a lot easier and soon you won't even be thinking about it. I know it consumed my time in the first weeks, now I only plan what I'll be having each day and make sure I drink enough. That's all I do. And I'm sure you can loose lots in those 2 weeks!

Think I am getting into ketosis but am having the urge to nibble on chicken and ham...a protein craving!!

This is why I consider doing SS+. I'm not in a rush this time (last time I had 1,5 month to my wedding)so I think I'll go for it even if my weight loss is going to be a bit slower.

Good luck :)

Back