Pheonix-rising daily diet blog

Pheonix-Rising

Well, having changed forums due to the fact I couldnt afford CD anymore (and also lots of relief I can eat again), ive decided to make a diary as that seems to keep me motivated. I'm still gonna keep up with my youtube vids also, as I dont want to be one of those 'diet diary' vids that just dissappear into a black hole lol.

So, my first proper week eating (after a bit of a blip at the weekend using up stuff in the cupboards), im looking forward to see how much i lose.

I had a CD soup for dinner and just made meatballs for tea. The kids had the pasta bit and I just had the meatballs with a bit of salad. The sauce was made up of double cream with chilli and garlic in it. I didnt lace mine with sauce, just had the meatballs.

I'm not in ketosis as i ate carbs at the weekend, but not really worried about getting right into it.

The plus side of coming off a TFR is that I can no longer eat the same amount I was eating before (HUGE platefuls!) so i had my tea on a teaplate and I am stuffed! :D

I agree with Laura, Alison, it's how your clothes feel that's the most important part love. Good luck and I look forward to your posts. :)

I agree!! (says the girl who has only ever been in ketosis for 1 day lol)
stick to the clothes and scales if thats ur thing! i always feel good when my clothes start looking too big! When i lose a little it goes from my face first so ppl always comment on that! specially my mum! bless her!

Its always the best when people say "Have you lost weight?" makes you think all the effort is worth it :D
(i havent got there yet but hope so soon !)

lolz totally love that one!! i always reply.. YESS thanks for noticing!! hehe i know its a bit cheeky but it reallly effects ur confidence!!

I agree too! welcome alison and you'll do fine :)

One thing I love is the feeling that I am 'normal' now. Not fat and not skinny. Not gorging food and not starving. I shop and cook and eat healthy, as I have always wanted to do, without feeling deprived or having the awful knowledge that, pretty soon, I will lose my grip again and binge.

It's a strange and wonderful feeling, this 'normality'. When people say Wow! You've lost a ton of weight! it's great but I always think, not at goal yet! So hard for us to accept compliments, isn't it?

I may stall again for many weeks. I may even regain a little due to being in Phase 3 and dicing daily with how many carbs I dare add. It's still very much a learning process but we are now on our way to permanent weight loss and maintenance.

Truly fab!

nice post girly :)

I agree, spot on post, well done Girly.

Girly, you have hit the nail on the head! Thats it isn't it, feeling healthy, feeling normal and the knock on effect is losing weight. I wonder if actually I had my priorities wrong, and that losing 7 stone is too much of a huge expectation for me (in that its so daunting!). I think i'm going to switch my mindset now, not think about the pounds going down, but eating for a healthier life. Thanks hun :) xx

Lastinight for tea I had prawn foo yung. I have to share the recipe because it was so simple and so yummy!

Basically all I did was to get 3 eggs, some prawn, some garlic powder and some paprika. Shoved it all in the frying pan (no oil) just a sliver of butter, and let it cook. Once it looked like an omellette I just sliced it up. I had it with a handful of salad and it tasted just like a chinese takeaway :) xx

Sounds good, away and post it on the recipe stickie Alison

Another fine day! Glad the rain has stopped, a little walk on the beach later to clear away the cobwebs!

I have no idea whats for tea tonight, but it will be out at a cafe/resturant, so i'm keeping my eye open for the local seafood delicacy's here in cornwall. A plate of mussells would go down well I think!

Hope you are all well xx

Lucky you Alison, living near a beach.

Lucky you Alison, living near a beach.

yes we are lucky, and sometimes take it for granted. But we have to pay the price by the high cost of living here....which isn't always good! :D

Cornwall is pricey then Alison? I haven't been there for many years now.

Cornwall is gorgeous. The last time I went to St Ives I found it very pricey indeed. Of course it is a tourist trap and the locals have to make a living, but if you actually are a local, you pay extra too!

Cornwall is pricey then Alison? I haven't been there for many years now.

yes it is Jim, the house prices are ridiculous, and so many have been bought up as second homes by inner city people, the locals find it hard to get housing themseves. Once upon a time Cornwalls main industry was tin mining and fishing. Tin mining went under a good 100 years before the coal mines went into decline up around your parts, so i'm sure you have some idea of the devastation to small communities it can have. And with fishing and all those restrictions its hard to make a living on the coast unless its tourism. And with tourism comes the inevitable high prices! I remember visiting Yorkshire last year and was so surprised to see you could buy a house for under £100 grand! But each area has its beauty...I love the Yorkshire moors, beautiful :)

Cornwall is gorgeous. The last time I went to St Ives I found it very pricey indeed. Of course it is a tourist trap and the locals have to make a living, but if you actually are a local, you pay extra too!

Ahh St Ives is lovely isnt it....I am an arty person and could spend thousands there if I had the money! :)

I worked one summer holiday in the Carbis Bay hotel when I was at Uni, lovely area indeed Alison.

Back