Phili Choc not HEA, but can we make our own???

Charleybarley

Gold Member
I was thinking of conducting an experiment to make Phili Light into Phili Choc, usual amount of HEA with some cocoa and splenda....

What do you think, worth a punt?

Charlotte xx

Definitely worth a go, can't imagine how it would turn out as they have to use cadburys choc, but them again I'm not very good at experimenting! They will probably bring out their own light version one day (hopefully!).

Let us know how you get on!

Thats a bloomin good idea! I made some with Phili light, dark choc & splenda, but the cocoa powder will have less Syns than chocolate. 1 tbsp = 1.5 syns if memory serves me right!

Thanks for that, I thought cocoa was free!!! I will do some experimenting over the weekend.

Where there's a will (or hungry SW-er) there's a way!

Charleybarley said:
Thanks for that, I thought cocoa was free!!! I will do some experimenting over the weekend.

Where there's a will (or hungry SW-er) there's a way!

Why not use quark with options, then you're only using the syns of the options powder x

I am not the biggest quarky fan. I will use it for savoury - mac n cheese, coleslaw etc. but I can't do the sweet thang with it ... bleurgh!

Charleybarley said:
I am not the biggest quarky fan. I will use it for savoury - mac n cheese, coleslaw etc. but I can't do the sweet thang with it ... bleurgh!

If you mix the white choc options with it, it just tastes like sweetened whipped cream :) doesn't taste of quark at all

Welshtigger said:
If you mix the white choc options with it, it just tastes like sweetened whipped cream :) doesn't taste of quark at all

I had to try this after reading, just to see what it tastes like! I usually avoid quark like the plague but bought some this evening and actually find it a lot more edible now! Thanks for the tip, it's great in the SW roulade recipe.

Welshtigger said:

Nah it's vile lol... I did the white chic cheesecake thing and hated it but then again I'm not a massive sweet tooth! I use it for cheese sauces though and can cope with it :)

Back