phobias

ColJack said:
A bit crunchy but quite tasty. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Lmao :)

Guess I just have the "normal" fears...

Falling from a height ( if I'm on a solid surface with no chance of falling then I'm ok at most heights)

Fear of rejection ( which leads to me being single since I was dumped at 15 by a girl... now 36 and haven't even asked a girl out since then... Really ought to sort that one out ... )

Not keen on creepy crawlies in the house.. ( outdoors not a problem. )

Large angry snarling dogs or other animals in general I suppose but surely that's a survival instinct.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I have a thing about dirty hands. I think it's more a compulsion than a phobia, but if my hands are dirty, say I've just petted the dog, or picked up a football and there's dirt on my hands... even if you can't see any... my hands feel like they're getting hotter, and hotter, and I just have to wash them!!

I'm terrified of water...I can't even face the spray in the shower and instead wash my hair with my back turned to the spray.

Spiders are indescribable. I just can't handle seeing them, or even knowing there's one somewhere. I won't go into my shed (haven't been in it since it was new, 8 years ago and a spider chased me out) and I won't sit under a flowered arch, or lie in the grass. Even garden furniture has to be fully inspected (by someone else of course) before I will sit on it.

Feet... disgusting. I can handle my own feet, and baby feet...but children's or adults feet? Get them AWAY from me!

Not really a phobia (and it's getting better), but feet make me panic. I can cope with the fact that I have feet - but if people start talking about feet, or worse, start playing with their feet near me, I really freak out! They're disgusting!

I have this, except I would go as far as saying its a phobia. I don't mind my feet and I can touch my feet ect. But the thought of feet freaks me out, I hate seeing people play with their feet or other peoples feet and I can't have anyone touch my feet or put their feet on me.

I actually think I know where this came from, but I don't know why its stuck with me. But I used to be okay, I had a friend at school though who had really smelly feet.... like you wouldn't believe, she used to always take her shoes off in class and it stank and she'd rub her feet on you. I used to get paranoid that she was rubbing the smell off on me. So it started from that, but has just got worse and I really freak out with people's feet now.

The amount of times I've fallen out with my boyfriend because he's put his foot near me is silly really.

Also I have a weird phobia of cats, I say its weird because its on and off, sometimes I'm okay with them (never really like them) but sometimes I'm fine can have them around me, even touch them. But sometimes I actually freeze up. The last time I remember that happening we had gone to look at a house we were going to be renting, my boyfriend went into the garden and me and my son were following when a cat walked up to us, I completely froze and started shouting about it coming to get me, I was terrified it was going to get my son as well. My boyfriend thought I was joking at first as I'd told him I had it before but he'd never actually experienced it happening. But I've been ''locked'' out of my house before because a cat has come and stood near the door and I haven't been able to get by it or shoo it away :/

I have a thing about dirty hands. I think it's more a compulsion than a phobia, but if my hands are dirty, say I've just petted the dog, or picked up a football and there's dirt on my hands... even if you can't see any... my hands feel like they're getting hotter, and hotter, and I just have to wash them!!!

I have that as well, but like you say its not a phobia more a compulsion. I can't really explain how mine feel, they don't get hotter but I can ''feel'' the ''dirt'' on them. I actually can't sit on a toilet without washing my hands after as soon as I sit down my hands feel dirty whether I do anything or not

I have 4 phobias...bloodtests (not needles or blood, just bloodtests), moths, vomitting and water up my nose. I just go into panic attack mode with them all, water up my nose, causes flashbacks too (long story, and they aren't even flashbacks of me drowning or anything as such). Mum laughs at my moths phobia, i am fine with butterflies, but if a moth comes anywhere near me i freak out. I have been know, even at age 23, to wake up in the night see a moth in my room and go jump on my mum and dads bed and make them go kill it before I will go back bed.

I have 4 phobias...bloodtests (not needles or blood, just bloodtests), moths, vomitting and water up my nose. I just go into panic attack mode with them all, water up my nose, causes flashbacks too (long story, and they aren't even flashbacks of me drowning or anything as such). Mum laughs at my moths phobia, i am fine with butterflies, but if a moth comes anywhere near me i freak out. I have been know, even at age 23, to wake up in the night see a moth in my room and go jump on my mum and dads bed and make them go kill it before I will go back bed.

See I hate moths and butterflies, I just don't like how they flap around your face. Freaks me out. I think that's also because I don't like the heat in butterfly houses, it makes me feel really ill.

See I hate moths and butterflies, I just don't like how they flap around your face. Freaks me out. I think that's also because I don't like the heat in butterfly houses, it makes me feel really ill.

I think its the flapping in faces i hate with moths, i've picked up butterflies and had butterflies land on me and everything and i'm fine, but moths i freak out as soon as they are near me.

I have a phobia of graveyards (coimetraphobia or somthing like that). I have this ridiculous mentality that I am going to breathe in death when near one and that its going to reduce the amount of life left in me. OMG I've just realised how stupid this is lol!! Still wont go anywhere near one...heck no!!

oooh also veins gross me out (blame nightmare on elm street 2).

all about the spiders with me - they make me freak out a LOT. Yes for some reason daddy-long-legs i'm fine with and can pick them up no problem which is a good thing as my OH is petrified of all bugs especially flying ones like moths.....

I have a phobia of graveyards (coimetraphobia or somthing like that). I have this ridiculous mentality that I am going to breathe in death when near one and that its going to reduce the amount of life left in me. OMG I've just realised how stupid this is lol!! Still wont go anywhere near one...heck no!!

QUOTE]

Haha, I am the opisite, I love grave yards and spend a lot of my youth in them and even slept in there from time to time (don't ask). When i was yonger probably still now I would love to have a house inside a graveyard :)

Back