Piggy no more

4 lbs off this week. I've actually had to stop going for these next 2 weeks as I just can't afford it and need the money for my holiday. I'm going to South Korea for a month so that extra money will be used there for 2 weeks food. I'm going to be cooking rather than going to restaurants. I'm only 2lbs off getting my next stone award so I want to do that by next week. I plan on coming back from South Korea a stone lighter and will be going straight back to my lovely consultant.
I've recently found out I have lipoedema ... I have basically lost over 6 stone and my legs haven't changed size at all. I'm struggling with clothes because I can't get smaller jeans on over my calves but the size I'm wearing now are much too big in the waist. And I hate wearing wide leg trousers. I've started swimming as that apparently helps redistribute the fat cells. I like swimming...it's nice to feel weightless and be able to jump and twist without pain. I should be a mermaid LOL

Oh no bluebell, thats toigh about the lipoedema. Zip up trouser legs are the answer😉
What are you going to do in korea to lise a stone

OK I had a lovely holiday (despite my bf breaking up with me 5 days before I went) but did not stick to the diet at all and have gained quite a bit.
So...I have given myself a stern talking to. I NEED to do this. I currently have enough products for 3 weeks and am just waiting to hear back from my consultant about restarting. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning as I actually have no idea what I weigh now but I know I've gained as I can see it in my face and feel it in clothes. I need to just commit to it properly as I keep starting and stopping and that's just stupid.
I'm planning to go swimming 4 times a week, and have also decided to start playing guitar again to cope with cravings. I figure if every time I want to eat, I grab my guitar it'll distract me long enough to not eat.
Have ordered a new weight loss chart thingy on ebay. I went for the one that says 10 stone on it as that's how much I need to lose and I just want to see it all in one place.(Previously I bought ones for 5 stone at a time but that made me very complacent when I got half way).
Am going to try and post here a lot as this keeps me motivated. Would love some support along the way.

Half way through day 1...had one shake so far. Kids are eating and it smells so good OMG. I know it'll get easier and once I start seeing results I'll be fine...it's just getting through this first bit that is always hard.

Kids are eating again...omg....I can resist I can resist I can resist

I made it. Day 1 complete. I am about to have a bath and then an early night for once. Have had 4.5 litres of water and have to stop now or I'll be getting up half the night( I do anyway as I have a weak bladder it seems lol). Roll on day 2!

Nice to see you back. Bluebell. Sorry to hear about the break up. Was he part of the hiday plan?
Ive been struggling the past few weeks too and afraid of the scales

He was the main reason I was going out there tbh so it was a hard time. But...his loss. He doesn't deserve me.
And yep food always smells great when I can't have it....but it's stuff I've eaten a million times , and will eat again so I resisted.
Day 2 is going well...I went swimming, and have had one shake so far. Lots of water and coffee lol. Feeling hungry but I know if I stay strong it'll pass in a few days.

Cooking dinner for the kids...I don't want it I don't want it I don't want it LOL
I've had almost 5 litres of water already today so at least that's going well. This time rather than focusing on the difficulties, I'm trying to focus on the benefits and how good I will feel if I stick to it. I have a specific long term goal date in mind so I have bought a year planner and will mark that date off. I also have a specific weight goal in mind but have set it a little higher as I haven't been under a size 18 for years so actually have no idea what size I will be at what weight if that makes sense.
I lose weight in my hands and face most quickly and have never stuck with it long enough to see a change in my legs or bum, so this time I really want to stick with it.
I've had 2 shakes so far today...should probably have another one soon.

All shakes consumed and water drunk. Drinking tea and don't feel as if I need anything. Have washed up so no need to go back to the kitchen. A few more days and I know it'll get so much easier.

my sister did same and also added a dose of apple cider vinegar to her dieet
look at it here
bit.ly/2nbNLpD
Apple cider vinegar is definitely not allowed on this diet..please don't spam with weird links

You are right Bluebell, his loss.
Great work on getting started.
Thanks. I'm not hungry this morning so I'm feeling good. Going to have my first guitar lesson at 10:30. I learnt to play basic chords at school but never actually had a proper lesson. I figure it will be a good distraction from food.

Well done on completing day 2 :)
Thanks. Now to get through day 3 lol
My guitar lesson was awesome. The teacher is great and loves the sing I chose and explains things really well. Really enjoyed it. Fingers are sore now lol.

Phew made it home safely...was sooooo tempted today while the kids were eating at my parents' house. I didn't take a shake with me-well I did but for lunchtime...forgot I'd be out longer than usual. But I made it and had a shake right away so I'm OK now :)
Also bought a new scale in Lidl because mine would give me a different reading each time I stepped on it..hope this one is better.

Safely in the bath and away from food. Phew. I like the scales from lidl. The weight comes up on my phone which is a bonus for me as I have trouble looking down and balancing. Although I've realised the old ones were probably ok...these showed a massive drop in weight until I put the carpet feet on( on bathroom lino) . Guess the surface wasn't as flat as I thought. I'm keeping these though as its just so much easier.
They're supposed to do body fat etc but your thighs can't touch or your knees and I weighed naked so no chance of that lol. Actually when I was on holiday I went to one of those clinics where they do body fat and they couldn't get a measurement either and said it might be due to my circulation or my blood pressure tablets. Sigh. We will see . I also got a fitness tracker that I can use while swimming so am going to trial that and see how well it works. I have a Fitbit 2 but it's not waterproof.
Tomorrow I will check for ketosis...I suspect I may be close. I always went into ketosis easily before.
My back is killing me from all the walking I did. Hope the bath helps. And hope losing weight helps too.

Hello ketosis nice to see you. I could tell I was almost there last night as my hands and feet were freeeeeeezing when I woke up at 3 am for a wee. Even now I'm sitting at home in a long sleeve top and wondering whether to put a jumper on LOL.
My back is still sore today (thanks fibromyalgia) but I managed to get to school and back and not be in too much agony.
Have had 1 litre of water so far...debating whether to have a shake now or later. Also debating whether to go swimming today or tomorrow...I could go today but it's a long walk...I could take the bus but that's expensive. I usually prefer to go in the morning as less people are there, and normally I go right after taking kids to school, but today I had to come back home to wait for a parcel. I've done 5000 steps so with walking back to school later it'll be 10,000 easily. If I had a car it would be an easy decision to drive there and swim, but I think my back hurts too much today. I'll go tomorrow and Friday. I'm aiming for 3 times a week and I did go on Monday.
I've been looking back at my old posts (diferent username ) and I'm so annoyed that some of the photos are no longer visible. I do have the photos on an external hard drive so I will have to look for that and get them on to this computer. I'm determined not to give up this time.

Back