Piggy no more

Way back in the mists of time when I lost weight most successfully(before getting pregnant unexpectedly) I used to post a lot here. There were more people of course so that made it easier, and I didn't feel so alone. It's such a shame that this site isn't busy anymore. FB is OK but it was nice being able to write anything I wanted here without worrying about anyone seeing it. I've decided to just write here all the time even if nobody reads it tbh. It helps keep me accountable and is a useful record of my very up and down journey. I posted a lot of comparison photos too last time so I'm going to try and do that too.
I've also decided to not weigh daily as I usually do. It was so tempting to jump on the scales "just to see" but I resisted. I had the most success when I did Lighter life and Cambridge and only weighed in once a week. I really wish I could afford those again. The extra help from a consultant really makes a lot of difference. But it's out of my budget these days.
Day 1 was completed successfully anyway and day 2 is going well so far.
I forgot to mention I recorded another video yesterday...nothing exciting really LOL. Just me talking as usual.
I feel more positive today than I have over the past few weeks. I wish I could bottle this positivity and motivation for the days when I struggle. It's on those days that I have to make sure I post...if I go quiet it always means I'm struggling.

I’ve come to realise that I’m not doing myself any favours by being wishy washy about dieting. Cheating is not treating myself. It’s making it harder to continue and damaging my health. So this time I’m going all out. No cheat days. No cheat meals. Just 100% focus and loving myself enough to stick to it and become healthy.
6E8BF18F-6239-41F8-BEB9-F3EE2C1A03DB.jpeg

Hey blubell I am reading your diary. It is interesting to read your journey, I think everyone has ups and downs when they are losing weight. Your right when you say cheating is not being kind to yourself. And it is so important to be kind to yourself and look after yourself! Your skin is great, do you use Korean beauty products?

I am doing Cambridge even though it is a major expense (I'm a single Mum currently not working) because a) I used to spend more on food than I thought I did anyway b) losing weight is worth it, I am determined to do it now. c) I need the accountability of someone else weighing me! :p

I’ve come to realise that I’m not doing myself any favours by being wishy washy about dieting. Cheating is not treating myself. It’s making it harder to continue and damaging my health. So this time I’m going all out. No cheat days. No cheat meals. Just 100% focus and loving myself enough to stick to it and become healthy.
Hey blubell I am reading your diary. It is interesting to read your journey, I think everyone has ups and downs when they are losing weight. Your right when you say cheating is not being kind to yourself. And it is so important to be kind to yourself and look after yourself! Your skin is great, do you use Korean beauty products?

I am doing Cambridge even though it is a major expense (I'm a single Mum currently not working) because a) I used to spend more on food than I thought I did anyway b) losing weight is worth it, I am determined to do it now. c) I need the accountability of someone else weighing me! :p
Hi yes I am using Korean beauty products and thank you for the compliment about my skin.
The hardest part for me about doing this alone is not having someone to be accountable to. But it’s just not affordable for me as I’m also unable to work. So I will keep struggling on.
Thank you for reading my diary 🥰

So I posted a drawing on Instagram I did on the iPad with a quote from Dr Now and he liked it!!! That made me so happy.

Attachments

• 8FE532CB-069A-4DD8-A1EF-EDF2B3086669.jpeg
    8FE532CB-069A-4DD8-A1EF-EDF2B3086669.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 4128D6E7-E854-4802-AC96-DC55530AA796.jpeg
    4128D6E7-E854-4802-AC96-DC55530AA796.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 15
Oh hello ketosis. I was wondering why I was so cold when the indoor temperature is 20 degrees. That explains it. Going to have porridge for lunch I think to warm me up lol.

I found these 2 containers in Poundland today and had the glass pebbles at home so I’ve filled the naughty one with the amount of weight I have to lose and every week will transfer that amount into the nice one. I’m a visual person so hopefully this will help.

Attachments

• 62C87F83-21CA-4D2D-AB19-F8BD75A305D0.jpeg
    62C87F83-21CA-4D2D-AB19-F8BD75A305D0.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 13
Did I just put my jumper in the tumble dryer just to warm it up? Ummmm maybe ...

Hi Bluebell, i read most days but dont always post

So my weigh in was today and I have lost..... a humongous 18.5lbs!!!! I had to check several times before I believed it LOL. I weighed last week at the doctors and checked at home and they were the same so I know this is accurate. I am thrilled. I moved 18 glass pebbles into the nice jar(not doing halves) and am so excited to keep moving more next week:) Really really happy. Latest video is here in case anyone wants to watch me babbling haha
Not weighing daily really helped actually so I'm going to do the same this week too. No weighing until Friday.

Hi yes I am using Korean beauty products and thank you for the compliment about my skin.
The hardest part for me about doing this alone is not having someone to be accountable to. But it’s just not affordable for me as I’m also unable to work. So I will keep struggling on.
Thank you for reading my diary 🥰
Just reading your diary. Writing everything down even if nobody reads/answer you, means that you have committed yourself in changing your lifestyle and can refer to your diary when you slip and motivate yourself to get back on track.

You are doing really well.

We are all accountable to ourselves - the most important person in the whole world. I used to think the same way that if someone else was keeping an eye on my weight I would do better. However, a few years ago I decided that I need to be responsible for my weight and lifestyle. Since then, I eat properly and ensure that all my food is cooked from scratch and is nutritious (plenty of fruits & veg with variety).

Like everyone else, I have ups and downs but try to return to healthy lifestyle as soon as I can - This is the way of living that I have chosen and will not stop when I reach goal. From my diary you can see that I eat everything with exception of diet products - to me they are more damaging than doing good. I eat out from time to time too and relax a bit when I am on holiday.

My only form of exercise is walking and when I can't go out then I use my exercise bike. I am near goal but not pushing myself too hard as I want to get there in my own time and when my body is ready.

Keep doing what you are doing and you get there without realising.

My only form of exercise is walking and when I can't go out then I use my exercise bike. I am near goal but not pushing myself too hard as I want to get there in my own time and when my body is ready.
I was considering getting an exercise bike but I really don't have the space for one in this house :( I used to have one years ago and it was really helpful because I would use it while watching TV so it wouldn't be boring LOL
I love swimming but it's been impossible to go recently what with kids being ill and me being ill. Hopefully we will all be OK by Monday and I can go again. Walking hurts my back and hips if I do too much so I'm limited in that. I'm managing one walk with my dog most days but that's it.

Can this cold just go away now please? It's bugging me

I couldn’t weigh in yesterday as one of my daughters borrowed my scales and the other ones were dead. I finally found some batteries this morning. No loss this week but as these aren’t my normal scales that might make a difference. I’ll have the other ones back next week. Maybe my body was so shocked with last weeks weight loss that it decided that was enough for now haha. It hasn’t been the greatest week really with some extras creeping in so next week will definitely be better. I did a Zumba lesson with my daughter which was fun but oh my gosh I’m so uncoordinated lol. I don’t think I’m ready for a full on class yet but I might do some at home on YouTube as it was fun. I even found some kpop Zumba so that made me very happy indeed. Hoping to get back to swimming next week too now that my son can go back to school.
5C809294-3683-4F57-884E-DBE739C084BC.jpeg

Well done on your first week loss and maintaining on your second one.

I have an exercise bike which is just sat there. I do need to get back on it when I can't go out for a walk.

Hope you get to go swimming this week. I would love to go but the public one is always busy and the private one coat a fortune to use.

Small loss this week of 2lbs which was disappointing but oh well. Maybe next week will be a bigger loss.

Back