Pilates/Yoga DVD

cazarol

I've just joined 2 classes, a Pilates on a Wednesday and Yoga on Fridays. Does anyone use any DVDs at home and if so what do you think of them?? Just thinking I would like to have a go another couple of times................need to be very strict with myself though. Thanks

I'm using 'Pilates Body' by Lynne Robinson. I've used her dvds before, and they're all pretty similar. She's a good teacher, though the whole thing moves pretty slowly. She does concentrate on correct positions though, so I'd think it was pretty safe. There are three separate workouts, or you can do them all as a seamless whole. I like the first one best, because it has lots of ab work, which is my problem area (well, the one I'm choosing to concentrate on - LOL!) There are also two "students", one of whom shows the basic form of the exercise, with the other one demonstrating more advanced techniques, so you can keep using the dvd as you progress to more challenging levels. Hope this helps! Just gearing myself up for my second Jazzercise class tonight. Staying in with a pilates dvd sounds quite an attractive alternative!

Back