Pills

No they are not. How can you say they are dangerous when you didnt no what ones i was taking? They are sold around my area and sell out as soon as they become available as they do work.

They are also low on them on the website due to popular demand

I didnt say they were dangerous. I said probably dangerous or useless. Having read up on them now though, Im sticking with potentially dangerous.

Gimmicks do tend to sell out fast, until most people coitton on.

Trim-endous, which by the way have now had to rebrand and change their name to New Image.

Now if you have the original Trim-endous, then I'm led to believe the ingredients contain mulberry leaf, citrus aurantium, coicis extract, medical amylum and cassia seed. Basically the same as LIDA pills which were banned because people were dying from taking them. Cassia seed is also similar to senna and acts as a laxative so shouldn't be taken on a long term basis. If you stop taking pills they are likely to stop having the same effect, your appetite will return, you eat more, you gain weight.

The New Image version have their own set of problems:
* High intakes of caffeine can cause insomnia or anxiety
* Not suitable for persons sensitive to caffeine or those with blood
sugar problems, including diabetics.
* Chromium supplementation may enhance the effects of drugs for
diabetes e.g. insulin, blood sugar lowering agents
* Do not use this product if you are using MAO inhibitor medication
(anti-depressants)
* Frequent use of green tea could, in theory, promote the development
of iron deficiency in susceptible individuals.
* The following medications should not be taken with Green Tea:
Acetaminophen, Codiene, Acetaminophen,Codiene,Atropine, CardecDM,
Ephedrine, Pseudoephedrine, Lomotil/Lonox, Theophylline, Warfarin

There is also mention of them causing aggression, fast pacing heart, pins and needles and shooting pains.

So I would say they are still dangerous in my opinion.

I agree they sound dangerous but have you ever read the warnings and side effects of your bog standard Ibuprofen? Or contraceptive Pill?

Not saying anyone should take them but even some 'over the counter' medicines can be highly dangerous - even cold medicine if you are taking certain prescription drugs.

xx :)

Oh I feel so worried after reading that.... Im a worrier! So this will be on my mind all day now! Agh thank you for the info though x

I've never taken slimming pills but I did try out these SlimShot slimming drinks for a week a while ago whilst on SW - I gained about 5lbs the week I tried them, they must have been full of syns!! I did consider xenical/orlistat for a while but I know I couldn't restrict myself to the 5g fat rule!

Would love if there was a miracle pill but for now I'm sticking with SW! :)

Been there done that and its a load of rubbish, waste of money and plays serious games with your help. Slimming Pills, especially 'under the counter' ones are so dangerous. I used to take them a few years back, lost 5 stone in around 5 months, great I here you all say, but it wasnt, I didnt barely eat, I survived on diet coke, 1 slimfast shake and at the most 2 meals a week, yes per week! I could barely stand in the end, when I was at work, if i bent down to pick up a file, I would collapse, I was miserable, extremley snappy, angry, my blood pressure increased, my heart rate increased, I couldnt sleep. It was a quick fix. Back then when I was 22 I wanted it easy, and thought I could stay like that forever, but in reality of course I couldnt. I ended up putting on 6 stone in a round 8 months once I stopped taking them. Then a couple of years ago I started WW then beginning of this year SW and I prefer to 'diet' this way as i love my food, looking back, i think now what the hell was I doing taking them. They are unbelievably dangerous i cant begin to explain how much. Even prescribed Pills, they are just a quick fix, if they are used to boost you into loosing weight, and then you come off them and carry on with a sensible healthy eating diet then great. But a old friend of mine, who had a hell of lot of weight to loose got prescribed by the doc those Xenical ones, she lost 11lbs in one week, so she thought that was her green light to eat chinese etc etc when she wanted, because the bad stuff would come out because she was taking the pills. It was a cop out for her and easy. Please I would really advise against slimming pills, beleive me Ive been there and they are not nice at all xx

thank you for your story, its all making me realise maybe i should forget them, im going to finish off this months course, with my 3 meals a day and snacks of fruit and drink plenty of water!

Its mainly all for my holiday, so after the holiday i will stick with my SW plan minus the pills.

xxx

no worries swchick10, it is my own personal story and I know everyone is different but when I think back to that time it was horrible. I like my food too much now Lol! :) xx

I know this subject raises a LOT of heated debate, so this is just personal opinion. We're over weight for a reason. Not because we don't take this pill or that pill but for most people (and i know thats a generalisation) we're overweight because we have a bad relationship with food. Unless we address that bad relationship then no so called 'wonder drug' is going to help us become and stay slim.
Its not just about losing the weight, its about being healthy - and for me, putting any drug in your system when you don't need it is asking for trouble. Even doctor prescribed drugs come with a warning label as long as your arm.....why take something 'potentially unsafe' (and i use the word potentially because its not been proven either way) just for a quick fix? (thats if they work)
Once again, just my opinion. *so please don't shout at me! lol*

I know this subject raises a LOT of heated debate, so this is just personal opinion. We're over weight for a reason. Not because we don't take this pill or that pill but for most people (and i know thats a generalisation) we're overweight because we have a bad relationship with food. Unless we address that bad relationship then no so called 'wonder drug' is going to help us become and stay slim.
Its not just about losing the weight, its about being healthy - and for me, putting any drug in your system when you don't need it is asking for trouble. Even doctor prescribed drugs come with a warning label as long as your arm.....why take something 'potentially unsafe' (and i use the word potentially because its not been proven either way) just for a quick fix? (thats if they work)
Once again, just my opinion. *so please don't shout at me! lol*

hey hun!

Yeah i do agree with what your saying and posting in this thread has actually made me think twice about what im actually doing. I love SW i really do but the only reason i am taking them is for a holiday i have coming up. Once i have been away just going to stick with SW without the tab.

I actually couldnt sleep last night after i read one of the posts. It was playing on my mind most of the night.

xxx

I actually couldnt sleep last night after i read one of the posts. It was playing on my mind most of the night.

Oh bless ya hun. Unfortunately there's a lot of dodgy diet pills floating about on the market (not that i'm saying what you're taking is dodgy - i don't know enough about it tbh) but just be careful. I'd hate to hear something had happened to you over the sake of a few pounds. From your pic you look fab anyway so try not to worry too much. xx

Oh bless ya hun. Unfortunately there's a lot of dodgy diet pills floating about on the market (not that i'm saying what you're taking is dodgy - i don't know enough about it tbh) but just be careful. I'd hate to hear something had happened to you over the sake of a few pounds. From your pic you look fab anyway so try not to worry too much. xx

oh i no hun im a little worrier! I was thinking agh what have i done!!

Oh yeah i completley understand what you mean, as there deffo is dodgey ones, i just hope this one isnt as bad as others.

ill keep you updated hun! thanks for the support! and thank you thats very sweet, just wish i still had that tan! xxxx

I wish i never asked this now.

Can i request to get it deleted?

I think you can get it deleted by PMing a moderator hun.
But people are only offering their advice and posting bits of information that they've found on the subject.........i don't see whats so offensive about it to be honest. xx

I think it was a good idea to have this thread. Please don't feel bad about it. I'm sure there are a lot of people who see these miracle slimming pills and think.."Great I can lose EVEN more...." so you are actually helping people by leaving this post on. It's a good thing to have the info out there for everyone to see, and make an informed choice. There's no right or wrong here.

I would like it to stay too, as people in this room have made me realise that they are dangerous, and maybe im doing the wrong thing.

So you starting the thread has made me more aware! So thank you :D, and dont feel you should delete it x

also people who may be doing the same thing as myself, may read through this thread and make a change x

Back