Pills

I think a more positive response was hoped for.
I'm sure there are people with success stories but people need to see both sides of the coin in order to make an informed decision. xx

Interesting reading! I'm sure most of us have thought about taking pills at some point or another (or having liposuction if we win the lottery!).

At the end of the day, the pills sell out because we're impatient. We didn't become overweight overnight so we can't expect to lose weight quickly.

I wish I could lose 2 stone right now but it looks like a hard slog of working out and eating right. But it'll be worth it :)

It's obviously for people to decide themselves whether to take supplements to SW, but personally I wouldn't put chemicals in my body just for the sake of maybe losing an extra pound a week.

There's no miracle pill and there never will be. Just good eating and exercise.

I personally am worried you (swchick10) are still going to take the course of pills, after reading all this i cant see a positive thing about them.

I understand you have got a holiday coming up - but all this discussion of adverse side effects is terrible......surely being healthy is more important than being that little bit slimmer for holiday????

Just my view of course - but i would stop NOW.

Hi all,

I'm actually on a course of Xenical alongside SW at the moment (7 weeks in), and to be honest, I'm not impressed with my weight loss so far at all. I know it's at least going down, not up, but I feel that I should be losing more, particularly at my size.

I started taking them because this is what my doctor said to me when I went in complaining of leg pain due to a long term condition:

"You are my heaviest patient, and I need to show that you have accepted every option available to lose weight. You have two options: have a gastric bypass, or take xenical for 2 months. Come back to me and show me how you've gotten on, and we'll go from there. Until then, you'll find that any ailments you have that appear to be exacerbated by weight will be looked at in that capacity."

I did tell him I was doing SW, but some docs have this 'fast results' policy when it comes to heavy people. Altogether I've lost just over a stone, and that's WITH the pills. The only thing the pills have shown me is that I really do not eat as much fat as I thought I did, since I've had very few side effects so far.

Once I've finished this course, I've decided that I will not be refilling my prescription. I understand that it's worked so well for others, but I suppose it's not for me. I'm very wary of medicines in general, I have to be in excrutiating pain just to take a paracetemol, and even then it's never the recommended 2 tablet dose (half or 1).

I don't want super fast results all the time, I just thought that my first month would definately have yielded more weight loss and then averaged out. I dunno. I have this idea that if I lose X amount of weight and get so far away from where I am, maybe I'll never get there again (if that makes sense). At least it's coming off I suppose.
:sigh:

Christiana,

I was prescribed Xenical too by my GP a few years ago, and I found it entirely useless when it came to improving weight loss. If anything, it stalled the progress I was making. Once I stopped it, the weight started coming off again. Like you, I had very few side effects, because I simply wasnt eating any fat for it to expel on my behalf.

Obviously you are under the supervision of your GP and it is very important that you do lose weight, but if you find the Xenical is making no difference, then just follow SW, because it is so low fat a plan anyway, it will make little noticable difference to your losses. I dont think you need surgery to achieve this, I think you just need a positive frame of mind and to stick to the SW plan. It works and it works well.

Christiana i started s.w while taking xencial and my weight losses were sos os slow ive now been off them for 6 weeks and my losses have been bigger and lost more than i did when i was on them.

i remember you saying on one of my threads that your weight is coming off slowly maybe that is why !

if i was you id stop taking them and i bet you will lose more with just s.w its self thats what happened with me.

Madam La Minx / Tanny,

Thanks for the advice, I will be coming of them then. I've done SW before (on and off years back) and I remember having awesome losses for the first 4 weeks at least. I lose very well when I'm good, but when I'm bad...the scales are ruthless! I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, or eating too big portions etc. I'll try going without the pills this week then.

I personally am worried you (swchick10) are still going to take the course of pills, after reading all this i cant see a positive thing about them.

I understand you have got a holiday coming up - but all this discussion of adverse side effects is terrible......surely being healthy is more important than being that little bit slimmer for holiday????

Just my view of course - but i would stop NOW.

Hey Ellebear!

Well what im going to do is just finish this course off and then decide what to do at the end of the month.

:fear: xx

Madam La Minx / Tanny,

Thanks for the advice, I will be coming of them then. I've done SW before (on and off years back) and I remember having awesome losses for the first 4 weeks at least. I lose very well when I'm good, but when I'm bad...the scales are ruthless! I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, or eating too big portions etc. I'll try going without the pills this week then.

Stick with us on here! We will help you to stay on the good side! :D

My Dr told me that taking xenical tablets would only help shift an extra 5lb a year if you do it alongsiode a healthy diet! Thats not even half a pound a month. I took them anyway, and it didnt really help my weight loss, plus I did get the side effects if I ate salmon or eggs.

SWchick10, I know you want to see results quickly, because of a forthcoming holiday, but did you know that unless you're doing intensive exercise, it's not possible for your body to burn much more than 2lb per week of actual fat?! Much more than that and you're losing muscle tone and fluid. Also, by pumping chemicals and toxins into your body (which these pills are obviously doing) in the long term your body will find it harder to lose weight because your liver has to work ridiculously hard to get rid of the excess toxins before it can concentrate on what it's designed to do! Your liver will aid your body in losing weight nice and efficiently if you're treating it with care!! Short term fixes are just not worth it chick!! Why don't you spend the money and some time doing some extra exercise to shape up for your holiday! You haven't a lot of weight to lose- just sensible eating and some cardiovascular/toning exercises will be much more likely to give you a nice shape for your hols!! And as is the case with many tablets, the longer you're on them the worse you feel when you come off them!! It seems such a shame for an already attractive girl with not much to lose to go to such drastic and risky lengths!! Another scary thing about many pills such as these is that we don't know the effects that they're going to have on us later in life so I think that unless we HAVE to take tablets for medical reasons and for genuine health issues, I say it's best to avoid them!!XXX

i think if she wants to try them then its up to her.they may work for her.

ive been on them and im glad im off them,they did naff all for me.

they really should be for people who are very over weight
its for people who are a min of 130 pounds so they say.

and also theres a different type of diet you have to do while taking them(if you read the xenical threads) so thats why i think they dont work with s.w.

Theres some 5 gram fat rule!!

Talking about toxins etc....effecting your body and liver
what about painkillers ....booze..etc

we all do it !!!

SWchick10 hun if u want to try them and see if they work try it to see if they might speed up your weight loss but they didnt for me.

Its not xenical she is using though Tanny, its another type of over-the-counter type pill that could possibly have dangerous effects.

i think if she wants to try them then its up to her.they may work for her.

ive been on them and im glad im off them,they did naff all for me.

they really should be for people who are very over weight
its for people who are a min of 130 pounds so they say.

and also theres a different type of diet you have to do while taking them(if you read the xenical threads) so thats why i think they dont work with s.w.

Theres some 5 gram fat rule!!

Talking about toxins etc....effecting your body and liver
what about painkillers ....booze..etc

we all do it !!!

SWchick10 hun if u want to try them and see if they work try it to see if they might speed up your weight loss but they didnt for me.

Of course it's her choice, I was just trying to give some healthy advice!!X

i wanted to delete as i was only seeing if people took them as well as being on the diet and the last thing i read was that someone couldnt sleep and worried and i felt awful that i started it then.

But if people think its a good thing now fair enough no problem xxx

My Dr told me that taking xenical tablets would only help shift an extra 5lb a year if you do it alongsiode a healthy diet! Thats not even half a pound a month. I took them anyway, and it didnt really help my weight loss, plus I did get the side effects if I ate salmon or eggs.

Omg, 5lbs a year?????? I got very little info from my doc about them, everything I know I discovered here! Even the 5g fat rule. To be honest, I don't think I would have even considered taking them if I knew those stats!

At the end of the day, I think it's better to stick with what's natural. Chemicals are just going to make your internal organs work harder and on overtime. You know what you're like on overtime, think how your kidneys/liver feels! :p

Back