• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Pimp my shake!

S: 25st5lb C: 23st6lb G: 23st3lb BMI: 54.6 Loss: 1st13lb(7.61%)
I am v. v. overweight and I am awaiting bypass surgery.

Currently I am on Slimfast as part of my pre surgery regime and, although I am sticking to it as well as I can, I am finding it very hard :( Has anyone got any idea about how to make them a bit - well - tastier.

I do not like some of the shake flavours (Chocolate tastes like a barium meal to be honest :wave_cry:) but vanilla and banana are OK. I hate the ready made ones too.

What I have been doing so far is to blend a banana with the shake which is really nice and I have been thinking of blending a handful of frozen berries.

Has anyone got any good idea about how I can make the shakes a bit more exciting?

Thanks for your help

love

TillyBob

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 14st6lb G: 10st0lb
I always blend mine up with 4 ice cubes, makes them frothy, thick and delicious! I don't like them if they haven't been blended with ice they taste vile, but with they are so yummy! Plus doesn't add any more cals to them :D

S: 12st2lb C: 11st13lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 24.7 Loss: 0st3lb(1.76%)
I like your idea stirky! it is very yummy with ice! Makes it feel like your drinking more and your going to get fuller lol The banana idea sounds great

S: 25st5lb C: 23st6lb G: 23st3lb BMI: 54.6 Loss: 1st13lb(7.61%)
Thanks peeps - I have been blending my shakes with ice cubes from the start because I think that it makes the shakes far more palatable (creamier, frothier and less "artificial" tasting).

This morning I blended a vanilla shake with 100g of frozen Summer Fruits from Sainsburys and it was really good (very bright colour though. They are only 26cal per 100g so I reckon that the extra taste is definitely worth the extra calories :) Great for breakfast - and an extra little bit of "good for you-ness" :D

love

TillyBob

S: 14st2lb C: 10st13lb G: 10st6lb BMI: 23.3 Loss: 3st3lb(22.73%)
i like the idea of frozen berries but watch out for bananas, a medium sized banana (100g) has 95calories which means cutting out a snack if you put it in your shake!

S: 14st6lb G: 10st0lb
Yes think I'd rather just eat the banana on it's own, but then I hate banana anything, only like them on their own lol!