Pimp my shake!

Boblatina

I am v. v. overweight and I am awaiting bypass surgery.

Currently I am on Slimfast as part of my pre surgery regime and, although I am sticking to it as well as I can, I am finding it very hard :( Has anyone got any idea about how to make them a bit - well - tastier.

I do not like some of the shake flavours (Chocolate tastes like a barium meal to be honest :wave_cry:) but vanilla and banana are OK. I hate the ready made ones too.

What I have been doing so far is to blend a banana with the shake which is really nice and I have been thinking of blending a handful of frozen berries.

Has anyone got any good idea about how I can make the shakes a bit more exciting?

Thanks for your help

love

TillyBob

I always blend mine up with 4 ice cubes, makes them frothy, thick and delicious! I don't like them if they haven't been blended with ice they taste vile, but with they are so yummy! Plus doesn't add any more cals to them :D

I like your idea stirky! it is very yummy with ice! Makes it feel like your drinking more and your going to get fuller lol The banana idea sounds great

Thanks peeps - I have been blending my shakes with ice cubes from the start because I think that it makes the shakes far more palatable (creamier, frothier and less "artificial" tasting).

This morning I blended a vanilla shake with 100g of frozen Summer Fruits from Sainsburys and it was really good (very bright colour though. They are only 26cal per 100g so I reckon that the extra taste is definitely worth the extra calories :) Great for breakfast - and an extra little bit of "good for you-ness" :D

love

TillyBob

i like the idea of frozen berries but watch out for bananas, a medium sized banana (100g) has 95calories which means cutting out a snack if you put it in your shake!

Yes think I'd rather just eat the banana on it's own, but then I hate banana anything, only like them on their own lol!

Back