Pinched from Quotes.....

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by *Emsie*, 29 April 2010 Social URL.

1. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    'Today is the first day of the rest of your diet'.......
    I was wondering how other people felt about that?
    I'm in a place where I feel quite positive about it all and hopefully it will last as as the quote says its a long haul!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would prefer "this is the first day of your healthy lifestyle" because diet suggests some temporary change that you can then stop when you get to target. As we all know that doesn't work and the changes you make need to be permanent, which is why SW is great because that is so easy!

4. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    I think it is a great way of looking at things with a fresh pair of eyes- those of us who have been doing this a long time tend to go on autopilot- it is great to treat is as new occasionally.

Agreed about swapping the word 'diet' though- makes you think of lettuce and bran, not indonesian spiced rice, chicken and prawns topped with a fried egg like I had to eat last night (all free!)

Thanks for sharing

5. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Yeah I get where you are coming from, no offence meant with that swear word ;) that was just how it was on the quotes section x

6. Nicks N

Nicks N Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with 'first day of your healthy lifestyle' if we are honest with ourselves then most of us are now dieting because of an unhealthy lifestyle, I certainly do not want to be on a 'diet' for the rest of my life, I just need to adopt a permanent healthy lifestyle!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.