Pink soup !!!

dezzie1082

EVERY NEW DAY IS A GIFT
Hi everyone,

i must say....that pink soup is the food of the devil lol:yuk:....has anyone got any idea's on how i can make it more palatable?
Not too keen on the strawberry shake either.

Normally pink is my favourite colour.
:gen147:

Shaz x

Yep, I agree, both the pink ones are my least favourites too.

Sainsburys, in the spice section, do a "black pepper & garlic" shaker. I find a shake of that, a shake of mild chilli powder and a shake of dried herbs (coriander or parsley usually) or a few leaves of chopped fresh basil or parsley help.

The pepper & garlic is also yummy in the mushroom - mmmm garlic mushroom soup lol!

I tend to have the tomato soup a bit more watery than the others too, which also seems to help.

Re the strawberry shake, 1/4 teaspoon of plain cocoa powder (NOT hot chocolate) sprinkled on top makes it better. :)

Sainsburys, in the spice section, do a "black pepper & garlic" shaker.

Yes, I bought that too a couple of weeks ago. I also have celery salt that I occasionally add to the tomato or a shake or two of tabasco.

Love Myr xxx

Chef Yam serves up a good tip above, particularly like the cocoa powder one, like your thinking there.

I hated strawberry until in desperation had it hot with a few sweeteners and it is suprisingly OK. Give it a go.

The pink soup is by far the worst soup I have ever had:yuk:. I usually stick chilli flakes, Pakrika, salt and pepper. this usually hides the taste.

I usually add cinnamon powder to most of the shakes. And always add saccharin to the chocolate one.

I decided not to use sweetners, I always just had the shakes cold but lately I only have started having them all warm, but more dilute than normal (made with a litre of water) and its bland but surprisigly satisfying. The soup I add more chilli than I like so I dont taste it -- honestly though I just think of the weight loss. I really would drink anything to get to a healthy bmi

I'm with arwen on the not adding sweeteners

I was such a sugar junkie
and a fake sugar junkie
I hope I have broken or breaking that habit

you hear so many scare stories about aspartame
and talk of sweeteners making your body do a fake sugar spike high, which makes you feel a bit low after it's gone

I'm Trying to go more natural after all this !!!!!!!!
:eek:

Thanks peeps,

i have to agree on the sweetener thing....i am trying to retrain my taste buds and go without the sweet stuff.
I used to be addicted to diet coke....would drink a minimum of 2 litres a day....and just think of the caffeine....i also drank 8 double espresso's a day.
So i guess i am trying to live without diet coke in the future.....will be very difficult as my social drinks of choice were vodka n diet coke or JD n diet coke....i am also on Decaff coffee at the moment, will re-introduce slowly and hopefully not as much.

Shaz x

gawd
quite a change for you dezzie
thats quite a habit to stop dead
you will get headaches because the caffeines gone?
I used to-round the back of my head

gawd
quite a change for you dezzie
thats quite a habit to stop dead
you will get headaches because the caffeines gone?
I used to-round the back of my head

It was awful Maggie but i went through all that withdrawal doing Golower and the Pig to Twig diets 9 weeks ago now....which is why i thought i would have coped better this week than i did on Vlcd....anyway at least the worst is over for me lol.
Had one double espresso today though as a treat for completing my first seven days with Exante.

Shaz x

Sweetner fan, here. If it makes it palatable and is fine with the WHO, it's fine by me.

Thanks peeps,

i have to agree on the sweetener thing....i am trying to retrain my taste buds and go without the sweet stuff.
I used to be addicted to diet coke....would drink a minimum of 2 litres a day....and just think of the caffeine....i also drank 8 double espresso's a day.
So i guess i am trying to live without diet coke in the future.....will be very difficult as my social drinks of choice were vodka n diet coke or JD n diet coke....i am also on Decaff coffee at the moment, will re-introduce slowly and hopefully not as much.

Shaz x

Shaz, why don't you NOT re-introduce caffeine seeing as you have cut it out now - surely it'll be better for you in the long run. A bit like giving up smoking successfully and then deciding to just have a few a day again. Just a thought

Lisa x

But there's nothing wrong with the odd coffee or three a day. It may even be beneficial. Of course caffeine consumption in Shaz's former proportions is distinctly un-beneficial, but I can't see what a 'forever' blanket ban on caffeine for no reason whatsoever will achieve. Shaz will have dealt with her former habits. Smoking causes 95% of lung cancer, caffeine in everyday proportions doesn't do anything of note.

Being on an abstention diet is hard enough without unnecessarily cutting out everything else, too.

I couldn't do this without Caffeine

when i get hungry, a strong cuppa & a glass of water staves the feeling off for another hour

Back