Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

Heya guys!
I really must start coming on here more often again, I've been rubbish. It just seems like I'm always on the go with uni and work and doing all of the reading and stuff.
Um...I think I've probably put that lb back on and then some, I've just been scoffing again like I used to. Havent walked to uni much this week, we've been lazy and taken the car.
I do get a bit sweaty rushing around at work though, so that must count as exercise.
Just need to get back on track really!

I got the tattoo, on my foot in the end.
tattoo.jpg
http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h131/LeSangRouge/?action=view&current=tattoo.jpg

Lol, the scales in the background. They're not my friends at the moment.

I just need to get back on rack, start counting calories again, stop eating all evening with my mates and start eating proper meals. I need to work out if it's better to have a snack before work and then a meal or vice versa. Shouls probably also get my arse on the exercise bike.

How are you guys doing? Started thinking about xmas shopping? :S

Has anyone got any good healthy warm recipes? Bloody freezing it is here and we can't afford the heating, I think that might be why I'm eating more too...hmm

I've done the recipe for you on my diary Emz, hope you like it. Very adaptable and not expensive - very important for you uni girls I know!

Now I am going to be strict with you now, you are doing too well to let things slip. Decide that from tomorrow you are going to be right on track and then you will be. Do you keep a food diary? I do and ity helps me so much; if i have to write down EVERYTHING I eat then it stops me pigging out. It is just too shameful to write down 6 bourbon biscuits or something like that. So it is a system that works for me and I find once i am in the swing of it I just get on with it. Might be worth a try Hun, even just for a while to help you get back in the zone?

Anyway, have a good evening, catch up tomorrow!

Thanks Barb! For the recipe and the kick up the arse!
I used to keep a food diary on my phone's calorie counter, but I've been neglecting it. I'll do it properly from here on out!

I think my main problem is in the evening. I eat ok during the day, but in the evenings we all sit together in the living room and watch tv and they all munch all night, which means I end up doing that too.
I don't know, I might have a frank discussion with them and say that they need to tell me 'no' if I go to eat something bad.

Right. Must get arse in gear. I think I might print some 'fat' pictures I found of myself and put them on the fridge or something.

How are you doing?

Nice to "see" you Pink, glad all is going well! Barb is right, you have come to far, you have to find away around it! (Very tempting though, when you are cold, and company is eating!) The cleaning will help, but you've got to help yourself! (Oh, I can sound quite strict!) Glad you are well sweet girl!

Hey there, just been reading through your diary. I know what you mean about lots of uni work ahh, I'm in my final year. I sort of have a similar motivation because I wanna see people's faces when it comes to graduation :p me being all slim and that :D . Good luck on the rest of your weight loss journey! :)

Hi Emz - you are welcome, on both counts!

The evening nibblng thing is tricky; you either have to say no snacks, come up with a low cal option or save some cals for that time of day. I guess you could nibble on veggie sticks or maybe some home-made popcorn? Or even have a hot drink in your hand (so long as it has no biccies with it!) - maybe even the cup a soup thing? You could also make evenings a time when you update your food diary and record some thoughts - I find that helps and also gives me something to read back if i am feeling a weak moment coming on!

Good luck with all that - you are doing so well, keep going!

Hey Pink. I've spluttered with the healthy eating since going back to uni - I'm only a part time student but its upset my routine I think and has given me added stress.

Your progress is fabulous - I'm sure you can reach your birthday goal. :)

Hey Pink, aw, the tat looks so nice and I feel you on just not being bothered to do it...this week and being too busy.

Thanks guys!
Barb, I stocked up on the cup-a-soup thingys and they've been great, good idea! I also bought some licorice and some iced gems, I'm just going back to the way I was doing things when I very first started and then hopefully I'll get better again.

Princess and downsizing, yeh uni has muffed thigns up a bit, its like when you're sitting at your desk all evening it only feels right to munch while your doing it; or when there's all day lectures and you cant resis the siren call of food at the SU. We'll get there though, imagine how ho we could be at graduation. I imagine myself wearing the big gown and then like stripping it off and flinging it across the stage and being all slim underneath, lol....I may heva watched a few too many American dramas over the hols ;P

Hope - thanks :) stupid time of year to get a tat on my foot really as I had to weal those dolly ballerina thingy pumps and was freezing!
We need to get back on track, next week we're going to kick freaking ass babes!

Minus - I need someone to be strict with me, god knows I'm not being nearly strict enough on myself, lol. How are you doing lovely? FOund someone to replace that staff meember that's leaving?

Have been lazy on the walking to uni thing, although that's partly my flatmates fault as she's never ready in time and we end up zooming into campus at about 60 mph, lol. I'm hoping that I get some money for my birthday next month and can buy another 6 week membership to fitness first :)

I really do appreciate you guys, I'm going to try and come on here every evening again. Maybe after work or something.

Have been marginally better these past few days, less snacking for sure. My mate offered me biscuits yesterday and I managed to only have one and I really savoured it.

See you guys later :)

Hi Pink,

It's hard when you break a habit like walking to uni to get back in to it, isn't it? Glad to hear things are a bit better!
I have found a replacement, strange young lady, bit of a ladette, but smart and nice, and does what she is instructed to do, I reckon we will get on just fine! Thanks for asking!
Are your classes interesting? Hard?

Well she ticks all of the boxes then :) Hope it works out :)

Must get back in the habit of walking, we actually really enjoy it when we're doing it, it's just the whole getting up earlier and getting ready faster bit that's holding us back.

Well I weighed in this morning and im 13st 10! Which is good considering I went back up to like 14st 4 when I came back to uni. So technically it means that I've only lost 4lbs in just over a month, but it's ok, I'm back on losing it rather than putting it back on.

I still want to aim for my goal of 13st for my birthday, which works out at about 2lbs a week, which I know is possible, I just need to get off my butt!

Uni's going well thanks, there's a lot of work this year, but I seem to be keeping on top of it. How's everything at your end? Aussie rules over now? Have you reclaimed your living room?

That is great news, good on you!

The Aussie rules are over- finally-two bloody Grand Finals, a week apart, it was hard not to take it personally! Then it was the Commonwealth Games. Now, the Spring Racing Season is about to start, I can't win!

Is the cleaning job ok? I had a cleaning job-private home- when I was at high school. I cannot understand why I didn't get sacked, my memory is of doing lots of puffing up of cushions and very little actual work!

I know exactly what you mean about the morning walking. Exactly!

Lol I had to laugh about you ripping off a big gown and throwing it! Made me giggle. But yeah, just being there all slim and everyone being so shock will be so amazing! 2lbs a week is deffo doable, just keep up the good work :) It's good to hear you are keeping up with uni work too, wish I was lol! Yes I agree about the desk thing! I sit there wanting to munch while doing things at my desk because I've always had some nice munch when tackling hard uni work!

Well done Emz, ender the 14 well and truly. You are a star. 2lbs a week is a good steady rate, but don;t pressurise yourself too much. Remember it is getting there that matters, not how long it took!

Yeh Barb,this is true. I think I'll aim for it just to have something to aim for, otherwise I fall off the wagon (as we witnessed when I reached my first goal, lol), but I wont be gutted if I don't make it.

Princess - I've found now that if I just rearrange my room and tidy my desk and stuff so it's all tidy and nice that I can sit there for a while and be ok. Also I've completely stopped eating in my room. It was like I'd conitioned myself into thinking that if I was in my room, or at my desk then I should be eating. Now I just get that when I'm in the living room watching telly, lol.
Also, I've created a really chilled out playlist that I listen to if I'm struggling.
Annnd...doesn't hurt that the person who moniters my grades is totally the most freaking gorgeous man, and I kind of want to look good in front of him, as tragic as that seems. lol.

Minus- it's time to get separate living rooms! lol.
Yeh, I'm really enjoying the cleaning job thanks, it's really nice having a job where I just work alone and don't have to really answer to anyone, and there's no customer service, which makes my day! And it's only really wiping down desks and windowsills (all white, who has white freaking desks???) and hoovering. Oh and cleaning the kitchen (clear plastic chairs...fingerprints...gah!)
but yeh it's good thanks ;)

I went out last night with my flatmates and got hammered! Haven't really had a drink in over a month so it's not tooooo bad, but yeh, awesome night. Went to see one of my other mates bands play, they're awesome, like properly amazing, they're going to be famous one day (word virus essay, you saw it here first, lol). and then just went to the pub for a bit.....
had an indian on the way home :( my day had been going so well as well, so it's a bit stupid, but eh. was a good night. I'll just have to hijack the exercise bike this afternoon I think, maybe go for a walk.

What are you guys up to?

Thought i'd drop by Emz, like you i started to neglect minimins and got back to old habits! Hope everythings alright! x

You deserve a treat Emz. Why shouldn't you have a mad night out and a yummy Indian? Better than feeling all deprived and fed up. Besides, once a month is not going to break the calorie bank!

You have to have fun, life is for living. You are doing so well, I love your motto 'Nothing will change unless you make it' - so true.
Hope you have a good week.

Hi Pink,

How are you today?

Glad to hear that Uni is going well and you're enjoying your classes. You seem to be getting back in to "the zone" too, a few treats but that is good for you! You're making great progress and well done on the loss :D :D

Hiya! Just thought I'd drop in to say hi, how's your week going?

Love your tattoo! Weird cos that's exactly where I'm considering having one done (never had one before), but like you said I'm not sure why I'm considering it in Winter when I'm not likely to be showing my feet off! He!

How painful was it getting it done on your foot?

newbie!!

Hi everyone!!! i started slimming world last week!! for the 4th time! lol im hoping i do it this time!! but i had all my sins the weekend and ive also had a lil more through the week!! im weighing thursday!!!:eek: im kinda hoping to loose!! anyone kno wot i can do untill then??? ive got like 2 hole days to try and get my self sorted!! shall i not hav my a's and b's?? and stick to red days only till then?? xx :wave_cry::wave_cry:hellllllp!!

Back