Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

Heya, thanks guys :)
I miss being able to come on here every day! I never have time to totally spam the whole place like I used to. We're getting internet installed on thursday hopefully, so I'll be back with a vengence then!

Hmm, I so don't know what I weigh atm. I weighed myself this morning before breakfast and was like 13st12, and then after brekfast I was 14st2....I'm pretty damn sure I didnt eat like 4lbs of porridge, lol. Oh well. I wont weigh myself again until like Sunday or something and see how it goes.

I have some gossip! I've been sort of seeing this guy, which is like unheard of for me. he's the one who got me trashed on cocktails last week. We went out on saturday too, and I'm going to his for dinner tomorrow, tad nervous. I'm **** with men, like really. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

Um, am still being pants, still havent gone to the gym, feel bad for wasting my membership as I'm freaking brassic (and I didn't get the job). Aiming to go tomorrow with my mate, but 've been saying that all week so....yeh...we'll see.

I hope that you're all doing ok. How's everyone's weeks going?
xx

Hope you get Internet access soon! I miss you!

How are things going?

Oh exciting news about the blokey :D hope the dinner went well :)

Come back soooooon!

Heya!
I have the internet! Ok, I've technically had it since Thursday, but I've avoided coming on here because I knew that I was being so naughty. However, having see the scales I'm now back with a vengence!
I've put on 3lbs!!! In like a week! Bad Emma. I think it's mostly because I just sat on my arse and ate bikkies...not good times. I blame my flatmates, when I was living alone I was doing fine, I just didn't have anything naughty in the house, but my housemates have been chowing down on bikkies every night, which is really tempting. But I suppose it's not really a change for life if it doesn't work in everyday situations.

Got my arse to the gym yesterday, did 5mins on rowing machine (I CANNOT do that machine these days) 30 mins on the cross tainer, 30 mins on treadmill with a few mins of running, but mostly walkin on incline.
My flatmates have been going for jogs around the park and lake, and I'd love to be able to do that but I just can't jog that far, I can do like 2 or three mins at a time.

Um, the bloke...yeh not really happening. Oh well, I'm not terribly fussed to be fair.

I NEED a job! Basically I can't afford to stay at uni without getting one, so I'm getting a bit stressed out. Possibly have an interview for a cleaning job next week, so hopefully i'll get that.
Saying that I have just booked myself in for a tattoo, but it's only 35quid (i am being mugged off coz I'm only getting 'Ymdrechu' on my wrist, but that's the minimum amount for any tattoo).

What does "Ymdrechu" mean/stand for?

It's great to have you back Pink! Don't worry about the three pounds- it happens, you'll lose em fast enough! Especially if you work as a cleaner, that is hard work! Have you started classes yet?

Classes staty tomorrow! Have just got my timetable and it's actually not too bad. I dont get a full day off this year like I did last year, but there's a couple of days where I only have one hour.

My friend and I did a trial run of the walk from our new house to uni and it takes about half an hour so I'll be doing that everyday that it's not raining (however this is Wales, so yeh....might not be happening much) we also went for a walk around the lake and local park so we were probably walking for just over an hour.

No gym today because I fell over in my heels yesterday and twanged my knee so I've been resting it. I'm just glad that I fell in the house and not on the way to the pub lol.

Ymdrechu means 'strive' in welsh. I feel that I need to work harder at my life, to stop being so complacent and to get on and LIVE! I'm a chicken and a 'what-if' kind of girl and I feel that by doing so I must be missing out on so much. I just want to get this weight off and then like go travelling or something, just DO something.

Have eaten porridge, a banana, a snack-a-jack and some cottage pie today, might go have a mug of hotchocolate or some cereal in a min.

How's you doing? Work and hubby ok?

Hey Pink!

Just been catching up on your diary, and its great you reached your September goal.. I'm sure the 3 lbs will be gone before you know it!

Hope the job hunting is going a bit better for you, its sounds like your going through a period of lots of change at the momemt... so exciting times for you.

Sure youll achieve your xmas goal, with all the extra walking! Have a great week xx

Hi Pink :)

Yay nice to have you back!

Sounds like you're settling in to Uni life well :) good times. Don't worry about the 3lbs! it's hard adjusting to new situations and you'll soon get back in to it.

Good luck with the job hunting then, and the interview for the cleaning job.

Take care :)

Hi Emma!

Hey, 3lbs isn't the end of the world, you will lose that in no time!

Good luck on the job front, something will turn up soon I'm sure.

Bet you're glad you've got the internet back, I get withdrawal symptoms if mines is down for any sort of time!! :D

Hey hey honey! Hows it going? :) xx

Hi em, managed to catch up with your diary!

Started back at uni today? hows that gone?
x

Heya, uni is freaking manic!!!! Good Lord. Nah it's ok, I'm enjoying it, I just dont have as much time to come and spam the internet.

No luck on the job front so far, didnt get the call about the interview, so I'm assuming they didn't want me. I'll keep on looking. I have to really or I can't afford to stay at uni, so yeh...

I weighed myself this morning and it was coming up as 14st again, so I'll check again at the end of the week as per usual.

I havent been to the gym, it runs out on the 2nd of October, I dont really know if I'll go again, maybe once more. I hurt myself on the treadmill so I can't properly work out which annoys me. I cant afford to renew the gym, but it's ok because the walk to uni takes half an hour and up a massive hill, so I'm not just sitting on my arse all day.

I need to get my evening munchies under controll, everything goes really well during the day until about 9pm, when I come downstairs to hang out with my housemates, who just munch all evening. I'm getting a bit better, but I did eat 2 bagels last nigth after dinner...gah. I'll get there.

I kind of want to set a target of being 13stone by my bithday (22nd November) but I just dont know if that's possible, it is only 2lbs a week I suppose, so I think i'll give it a bash and get as close as I can.

How is everyone? Coping with the weather? It's suddenly gotten really cold here in Wales, so I think I need to pop to primark and grab a couple of cheap jumpers. Maybe a skirt too as the bottom 5 inches of my jeans are always sopping wet by the time i get to uni.

I'd just like to say 'thank you so much' for all of the support you guys give me. I really noticed that when I didn't have the internet I slipped in a big way, and that I missed all of your lovely comments. so Thank You!

Aw it's lovely to hear about you settling into Uni life :D I miss those days and am so jealous! :(

Glad you're getting on well with your new housemates, did you know them before or did the Uni set up the house for you?

Don't be worrying too much about losing weight at the moment, you've done amazingly well over the summer! we all need a break and you're having to adjust to a whole new way of life which takes some time :) You will get there, as you say :)

It's good to socalise with your housemates and at least you can see where you're going wrong for when you're ready to tackle it again :) Try having some cereal on an evening when they're munching... just an idea :) or a low cal hot choc...

That's good about the hill then! doesn't sound fun on a morning and in the rain! buuuuut free exercise! Gyms are expensive esp on a student loan :S

Good luck with the job hunt, and with your birthday goal :D

Glad you're enjoying yourself :) take care :)

You'll get there Emz, like Bon says, you have a lot of adjusting to do and really if you can access free exercise like a hill, well that has to be a winner!

I think coming on here is so important. I find if I stay away i stray off track so easily. On here I am reminded of just what it is I am supposed to be doing!

You coudl def be down to the 13 ofr the 22/11 but be careful you don't over pressurise yourself and then set up a 'fail'; that's what i am prone to doing, hence trying the opposite!

Heya girlies!

Bon, yeh I knew my flatmates before I moved in, they were the ones I hung around with last year, so it's all good.
I'm not so much worrying about losing weight as putting it on, I don't want to back slide anymore than I already have. The scales have been reading 14st again in the mornings so I'm back at my September goal which is good.
Went to the pub for about 45 mins earlier, just not in the mood for it, my housemates are calling me square but I dont care lol. I've got a 9am lecture, which means I need to leave at 8:20, which means I need to get up at 7:20, lol. Ick.

Barb, yeh it's amazing how much the support on here can make a difference!
I wouldn't be gutted if I didn't reach 13st by my birthday, I like to have a goal to work towards. I think that's why I sytarted putting on weight this last month, because I'd reached my september goal and had nothing left to work towards, we'll see how it goes. How's you doing?

I HAVE A JOB!! Got a call this afternoon for an interview this evening. It wasn't even really an interview, I just turned up and he was like, 'well this is what you'll be doing on Monday' lol. It's an office cleaning job, weekdays 7-9pm. £60 quid a week, which aint bad, it pretty much pays my rent every month, which means I'll have enough money to actually buy food and stuff, lol.

I think I'll really need to think about meals when I start working, I normally eat at around 7 so eating earlier means that I want a snack when I get home...I'll work something out calories wise :)

How are you guys doing?

Congratulations on the job hun, must be a massive relief to know your sorted.

Dont worry so much about the weight, once you get into a routine, youll be fine and the job is active so youre being paid to exercise... can't be bad xx

Haha this is true.

We bought an exercise bike for the house so I'm going to try and do that of a morning before uni. Then I have the walk to uni and home and then obviously cleaning at work. Should be ok.

Have lost 1lb this week which is awesome considering the amount I've eaten.

Getting my tattoo on Thursday, thinking about getting it on my foot rather than my wrist.

How's everyone doing? Coping with the shyte weather?

Good work on the pound! The new job will hasten the losses, I "count" housework now! I'd go for the foot myself, never know what is around the corner in life, no wriggle room in a wrist tattoo.

Hi Pink,

Sounds like things are going well with you and you're enjoying Uni :)

Congratulations on the new job :D that's great. Sounds ideal too for a couple of hours each evening and then it pays the rent. Annnd it is of course good exercise. Excellent.

Well done on the loss too :) Sounds like you're getting back in to it well :)

Well done Emz! A pound of and £60 a week on! Thats just brilliant. I think knocking a lb or two off in a non obsessive way is perfect. I know we all want rapid results at heart but if we can be patient and content with small losses then eventually they all add up!

The 1b loss is great and the weather is just horrible...but I guess that's winter in britain for ya...

Back