Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

Don't feel too discouraged sweet girl, you'll be back at it in no time. Who issues student loans- banks? How much can you loan? When do you pay it back?
In Oz- you can defer payment of uni fees- it does incur interest, lower than a bank though- until you graduate, and are earning a certain amount. (Not terribly high, $39 000/yr I think) At that point, you pay a bit each week, like being on a higher tax rate. I don't think there are student loans as such though-providing money to live on.

Student loans come from a government agency. they always pay your tuition fees and then your living loan amount depends on family income, so I get quite a lot lol. Paying back is pretty much the same, I think mine's 0% interest at the mo but the gov. is taking about raising it to 4.4% which I'm a bit worried about. ut you don't have to pay anything back until you're earnign £15,000 a year, so that's not so bad.

So, I binged yesterday, like a lot. Didn't eat dinner, just ate loads of crap, like microwave chips, buttery white toast, a big bowl of cocopops, 2 big mugs of hot chocolate...yeh wasn't pretty, undid all of my hard work at the gym.

Oh well, I think it's over and I'm back to being a sane human being, lol. It is a pain knowing that this is gona happen every month yeh, I envy men, lol.

Going for a walk today, and I'll be back at the gym tomorrow.

How's you guys doing?

I know how bad totm makes you crave carb, so you didnt do too badly really. You are making fantastic progress and thats what really counts! Well done girl!

Hey Pink,

I can totally relate. I've done nothing but eat this weekend, white bread sandwiches, crisps, chocolate, ice cream! lol!

So I'm just getting on with it and new start tomorrow. I have the depo injection so don't have periods, but I still get all the hormones and cravings! :( Especially after I have the injection (which I just have) NIGHTMARE :(

Anyway I feel your pain.

Hope you get your mojo back soon and back on board!

I am starting class on wednesday, I have been doing it myself up till now but I feel like I will do so much better with a class to go to and getting weighed properly each week.

Chin up lovely :)

Claire xx

Heya Lynn, cheers. I seem to be over the worst of it now, lol. What we girls have to put up with eh...*sigh* lol. Oh welllll...

Freshstartnewme, hope your class goes well, let me know what you think of it :)

Have just been for a walk to work off the epic pile of noodles I ate for dinner...not a vegetable in sight either, might go have an apple or something to make up for it.

Have realised that whilst I'm eating all low calorie food, I'm not necissarily eating *healthy* food. Yes a snack-a-jack has less calories than an apple, but is it better for me? No, blatantly not. Might have a look for a book on good nutrition or something to see exactly what I should be eating, %s of carbs and proteins and such.

Hauling ass back to the gym in the morning, will give it a good old go I think. I'll even do some mat stuff with weights n such. I realised that if I've been aching for the past 2 days because of half an hour doing random mat stuff then it's probably good for me and I should do more of it, lol.

I bought myself a magazine today, and in it there was this gorgeous dress that I'd love to have, it's from apricot though, and they only go to size 14...So I guess I'll have to really work hard and then maybe next year I'll be able to get something that pretty.

Hi Pink,
Don't worry about the little blip. I'm glad i'm male so don't have to go through that every month! :eek:

You're determined enough to get back into the swing of things so enjoy your workout tomorrow and I'm sure your hard work will be worth it.
x

Screw you men lol ;) Nah. Thanks babes, need to get my arse in gear to be sure.

Well, just back form the gym, did 10 mins rowing and 30 on cross trainer. Not long, but I guess something is better than nothing. I need to get my fitness back up after those 2 weeks off...really annoying, lol.

watched 'Sherlock' last night, freaking cliffhanger man! Not easy! There had better be another series soon! The dvds come out on the 30th August, so I'll be getting that as an early 2 stone treat, lol.

Need to have a really healthy day as I went over my calories again yesterday...stupid malt loaf....

How's you lovelies doing?

I've not watched yesterday's Sherlock yet...need to catch up. Thought the first one was great, second one was ok, not as good though. I think I'm going to have a lazy afternoon and watch it. I should be revising for an exam but I'm not in the mood (cba!)

It'll take a little time for your fitness to be back to what it was, don't get disheartened. Remember what your goal(s) is! :D:D

Hi Pink!

Aww you're allowed to have the odd day of indulging! you've done sooo well so far, you're only human after all. So don't worry about it, you'll get back in to it before too long :)

How annoying was the cliffhanger!! grrr! hehe.

Hope you had a nice weekend? what you up to today?

Have realised that whilst I'm eating all low calorie food, I'm not necissarily eating *healthy* food. Yes a snack-a-jack has less calories than an apple, but is it better for me? No, blatantly not. Might have a look for a book on good nutrition or something to see exactly what I should be eating, %s of carbs and proteins and such.

I'm going to be doing the same soon! My bfs mum is mad on healthy food and has loooaaads of books on nutrition and what not so im gonna be reading and photocopying some pages from there when I go back after this festival im going to on Thursday - Sunday. If you send me your email address I can always send you some good stuff I found? I'm gonna be looking for recipies etc :)

xx

Heya guys, thanks for the support, it really does help boost my spirits! I don't know where I'd be without you people....well I do....on my arse scoffing my face back in size 20 jeans, lol.

AimeeLu, that'd be grand, I'm spuds _ domain@ h ot m a i l. c o. uk at the mo... without the spaces obv. I have just made an 'grown-up' email address but I need to get into the swing of actually using it, lol.

Sherlock....I'm obsessed...it's a problem, lol. I do have a really obsessive personality and I go through phases of being uber obsessed with cartain things, Sherlock's it at the moment, lol. ave downloaded it onto bbc iplayer, do we think if i plug my comp into my tv to watch it and use my video player to record it'd work? Lol...I will be buying the dvd on the 30th, but when I said obsessive, I wasn'y lying, lol.

I was crap yesterday, just didn't bother going to the gym even though I woke up in time; I didn't even go for a walk like I usually do on non-gym days, but oh well. I didn't eat over my calories which is a good thing.

Dragged my sorry ass to the gym today though, 10 mins on rowing, 30 mins on cross trainer, 10 mins on treadmill and some floor/weight work.
I was goning to treadmill it for 30 mins, so I went to a nice secluded part of the gym and within 5 mins of my being on there like 4 skinny people got onto the machines next to me....grrr... so I got off, lol. Will contemplate a walk later to compensate.

Need to get on with some writing today, am swapping first drafts with my writing partner on friday and so far I have random notes and some dialogue...and I cant decide whether to have it all in first person or some in 3rd.....annnnyway...

I've babbled for ages, of to spam everyone elses' diaries now, lol.

xxx

Thats funny, about the skinny people swamping you, I've had the same thing happen to me, more than once. Congratulations for getting yourself to the gym, hard after a bad stretch- what is that old saying- character is what you do on the third or fourth attempt?- close anyway. Hope it's a good one today.

Hi em,

thought i'd drop by! Hope your all good xx

Awesome, once i get back from me music fest I'll get looking at those books!
xx

Hi Pink :)

Don't worry about your day off from the gym! you are allowed the odd day off! well done for going today though :) excellent.

Ha, I hate that about gyms they always seem full of skinny people to me too :( buuuut you have to think that just cos they are thin doesn't mean they are healthy or even fit... I have lots of thin friends and they eat such rubbish that i know they are not healthy despite having a nice figure.

Hope you're having a good day today. Good luck with the writing :) Remind me what course you're doing again... sorry my memory's useless!

So did the taping of Sherlock work? Ha you do sound rather obsessive, hehe.

Enjoy your day :)

Muahahaa I have sherlock now :) I'll still be buying the dvds, so it's not really stealing, and I could have taped it off of the tv like the old days if I'd have thought of it, lol. I am obsessed yeh...oh well.. at least it's not cigs or drugs right?

I do English and Creative Writing, which is pretty nifty :) Need to get a wriggle on and start reading the books for next term rather than reading the usual trash.

I'm feeling pretty good today, got my butt down the gym this morning. Did 23ish mins (300 cals) on the treadmill on incline; was aiming for 30 mins but there's only a cartain amount of sweaty I'm willing to be, lol. Then did 30 mins ont he cross trainer (350 cals) and that was that today. Will do some mat work tomorrow. Need to work on my core or something...lol. Must remember to blow up the ball thing so mum can teach me the stuff she's learning from her personal trainer. I refuse to use the balls in the gym, I figure I humiliate myself enough on the machines without flailing about in front of a mirror on a glorified balloon, lol.

WI on Sunday, hoping for 2lbs but I'm not holding my breath, lol.

Hope that you're all doing well :)

Do practice with the ball at home. Take it from me, it is a learned skill. Good on you for the gym session darling girl. (I don't like sweating much either)

Im impressed with anyone that can make themselves go to the gym, im so lazy and old i cant do it lol. Maybe one day.

I did borrow my sons Wii fit though, its still sat in the back of the car haha. I wonder how many calories i burned putting it in the boot.

Hi Pink! Just read your diary, well done on (I think it was waaaayyy back on page 1!) on managing to resist a KFC when your Mum had one, you've more willpower than me!

Also, I'm such a fan of Jemima J, I've read it three times now, first time about ten years ago, fab book!

You're doing so well, good for you sticking in at the gym, wish I could too!

Back