Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

Lynn, lol bless, the gym;s not for everyone. You should have a bash at the wii fit though and let me knwo what it's like. Everyone raves about them but I cant afford one so...lol.

Hey sparkly, lol, yeh it was tough, not sure I'd manage to resist kfc now I'm over the initial will power phase. I'd just have 1 bit of the chickent though, not all of the bread n stuff, lol.
Yeh I really enjoyed Jemima J, haven't read chick-lit for years so it was nice to go back to that book and really enjoy it again.

So i WI a day early because I'm just that impatient, lol. Anoter 2lbs down this week, I was hoping for 3, but realistically I didn't go to the gym enough and I have gone over my calories a couple of times, so yeh...14st 8lbs now...Need to lose 3lbs a week to reach my goal.

No gym today, will try n drag myself there tomorrow...ick. Might go for a walk later if the weather holds.
Can't wait to go back to uni, need to fill my days with something.

How's you people doing today?

Just catching up with your diary - good job you.:)

I'm now 14.11 so a few pounds behind you. I'm gonna see if I can keep up. :D

xx

Well done for another 2lbs down. Keep it up. Slowly bit surely you are getting there. I am finding that the time is flying by. It doesn't feel like 6 weeks ago i started losing weight. I am finding my diet plan reasonably easy to stick too. Though i do need the exercise to aid the weight loss.
The exercise was mainly for the weight loss when i started but now i am starting to really enjoy it and can feel the benefits of it physically. I can do things now that used to puff me out. Simple things like going upstairs. I used to get to the bedroom and be out of breath but now it doesnt even raise my heart rate. Its great.
It makes a difference not carrying around that extra 37lbs.

Congratulations on the 2lbs off Pink!

That's 2 whole pounds of fat you can wave goodbye to! :wave_cry:

well done on the 2lb em!

Hi Pink,

How are you today? what you up to?

Well done on the loss :D you're doing so well, the gym certainly is helping all that calorie burning is amazing :D go you!

Your course sounds very interesting :) not too long to go til you're back at Uni then, then you'll be wishing it was still the holidays, hee.

Have a nice day today Pink :)

Wow, hey guys, was I not on here for a day or something? I don't usually have this many messages, lol. Thanks :)

Slim, yeh I'm with you, it's great to be able to feel those differences, way better than jut seeing the number on the scales.

Um, well I move to uni house on the 1st of September, so that'll be cool, get to hang out with all of my mates again rather than just sitting in my room like I do here. Term doesn't actually start until the 27th though!!! Which is insane, I wil have had like over four months off! No wonder I'm bored! lol. I wish that I'd started the gym and stuff when I first broke up in May, I could have lost almost 3 stone rather than 2, but oh well, lol.

Didn't go to the gym yesterday, some people in the flats upstairs kept me awake until like 2 in the morning, so when the alarm went off at 8 I turned it off and rolled over, lol.

Went today though, did 25ish mins on the treadmill (got up to 300 cals), then 20 mins on the cross trainer, and that was it. Will do better tomorrow. Went with mum today and she wanted to leave after like 35 mins, so was a bit of a pain.

Trying to think of something healthy for dinner, I'll probably just do chicken and veg or something.

Oh yeh, is anyone on a low carb/carb free diet? I was reading in a magazine, as you do, that Coleen Rooney lost her baby weight by only having carbs every other day amongst other things. However, I have no idea how to have a day without carbs....what do you eat for lunch if you cant have a pitta bread? lol. could probably do it for breakfast n dinner (does porridge count as a carb?? lol)....bah....

Soooo....yeh...

What you guys up to? Doing anything fun this week? I might be breave and go to a national trust place on my larry... maybe wednesday when I have my day off of the gym.

Hi Pink, oh so you still have a while off before it's back to working time for you :) yay, make the most of it you'll be wishing for the summer holidays again before too long :S It does seem a late start though but at least you have time to catch up with friends :) that'll be nice.

So what you going to have for dinner? I seem to be running out of ideas lately... I think tonight we're just having something out of the freezer! something easy as I am not in the mood to cook, ha.

I would love to cut down on carbs as I know I eat too many carbs... but like you say I have no idea what to eat instead!!

Oh so where are you going with your National Trust membership? where abouts is it you live.... Hope you enjoy your trip somewhere on Wednesday then! I look forward to hearing about it :)

Have a nice evening Pink, you up to much? I want a relaxing night on the sofa, ha, I can't stop yawning today!

Bye for now :)

Oh I'm not all that clued up on carbs either, sure someone will pop by soon that will be though!

Wow four months off! Think I need to become a student! He!

You're doing good in the gym, pass some inspiration my way pls!

Hey Pink!, You are doing very well!, And im sure at the rate that your going you will easily reach your target well before graduating!

My sister actually went through the same thing, she started uni Huge, and came out at size 10 - I dont know much about woman sizing, but thats gotta be good!-- Have you tried going a bit of Weights work at the gym? - And remember to go for walks out in the open, being in the Gym all the time can get a bit boring after a while, mIx it up ;)

Heyaa :)
God, I don't think I could do a no carbs diet!! I'm seriously thinking about doing a low carbs diet though, seeing as I think that's my downfall... being a pasta, potato and bread lover!! Like I said to you the other day Ima gonna take a look in these books my bfs mum's got too :)
This week, im going paintballing!!! So terribly scared haha! But that's gonna be alot of exercise! Never been before and I'm a little worried as most people come out all black and blue :|

xxxx

Found this for another poster Pink, might be useful for you if you want to give low carb a go
Carb Counter - Search Carb Counter

Although im not actually counting carbs at the moment, i am on a low carb diet due to the diabetes and the meds im on. I could increase the amount of protein i eat right now i guess and when i get back from holiday im going to go more specifically down that route. Not exactly Atkins style as I dont believe the amount of fat you can eat on Atkins is good for you, but i think i do need to eat more protein than i do at the moment.

Good to hear that you lost 2lbs, well done on that!

Hi Pink! I'm low carbing at the moment. For me, it's pretty much chicken and salad, fish and salad, and ermm... chicken and salad!

I don't really miss the bread, you can get low carb bread online but it's expensive.I've low carbed for a few weeks now but I think I miss being able to eat normal food.

Even things like cereal are off the chart. It can be good but honestly, I would say if you are happy and doing well on your plan stick to it.

Bon - I ended up having sausages and veg, lol, not very inventive. Did the sausages in the George Foreman though, Jaysus a lot of fat came out, that machine is my new best friend! I live in Cheltenham (Gloucester) atm, so there's a fair bit around. I miss living in Kent though, there was loads there!

Sparkly- Yeh it's cool having so much time off, especially as I work like a freaking maniac when I'm at uni. Lol. I've lost my inspiration too. My gym kit was still wet form the wash this morning so I took it as a *SIGN* that I wasn't supposed to go to the gym today, lol. That does mean that I have to go for the next 4 days in a row though :( lol.

Azn - yeh I do go for walks a couple of times a week, it is a welcome relief from the gym. I need to find some new places to go though. I'm new to this town and have only found one route, lol. I do do a wee bit of weighty stuff every now and then, I do need to start doing some more though.

Aimee, brave stuff man, I'd be bricking it. It's supposed tobe awesome though! Have fun :)

Thanks Lynn, that's awesome. I read what you were talking about in someone elses post about insulin and such, makes a lot of sense. I had a quick look at south beach resources, which is all about lowering carbs and keeping a healthy heart.

Echo- yeh, I get the feeling I'd get very bored very quickly, especially now that it's getting colder. Can't bear to eat salad when it's cold out, lol. I think I'll just attempt to lower my number of carbs, like only having them once a day or something.

downsize- cheers luv, i'll go check it out :) Even if I just get a few tips about cutting down that'll be good.

Bon - you're a veggie???? Mate....bacon? How? no bacon? how? lol. Nah, I havent had bacon since I started this whole thing, I do eat chicken like every day though, and ham is my guilty pleasure. 13cals a slice, heaven, lol.

Sooooo....as I said above...no gym today *BAD EMMA* but I will have to step it up and stop being so utterly crap, especially as my 6 week membership runs out on the 21st and I'm not entirely sure that I can afford to properly join...meh...might go see if I can increase the overdraft and just hope that I get a job when I'm back at uni.

Will try and eat really healthily today...salad for lunch in a bit and lots of veg for dinner, or something like that.

Hope everyone's doing well :)

Hi Emma!

Don't beat yourself up too much about not going to the gym, you've put in so much effort there that a few days off won't hurt you cos I know you will get back into it asap! :)

Hi Pink,

There are fake "bacons" sweet girl! (If you can't stand it!) Does your uni have a cheap gym? Do you work really hard during the academic year? It's funny how unappealing salads are when it's cold!

Back