Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

Re: Pink!'s Struggle for Change.

Wow you look amazing girl! Keep it up!

Great pics! Your doing really well x

aww, pink you look great, what a difference u have made and you have made a difference in loads of people's weight-loss on here aswell.... I know you will get to size 12... :)

Thanks guys :) To be fair I'm wearing sucky-in-y pants, a sucky-in-y top and some sucky-in-y tights under that dress.
Actually, I got this sucky-in-y top from primark for 6quid and it's wicked, I wear it every day. Admittedly it doesn't really suck it in so much as holding everything still, but it makes my boobs look amazing, and I'm wearing it as a sort of vest at the moment because it's so cold.

We have snow people!!! I'm currently enjoying an impromptu night off of work because the motorway I take to work is closed due to ice...wayheyyyy!!! Lots of uni work to get on with instead though, but oh well.

I WI today and was 13.5, don't know if that was just a one off though because I really havent done anything to deserve having lost a pound this week.

How are you guys doing?

looking fab babe! doing really well :)

Thank you :)

How are you guys doing?
It's coming to the end of term so I'm working like a maniac, so many deadlines!!!
I've also been eating like an absolute fatty! We're talking snacking, we're talking pudding every night, we're talking white bread, the whole shibang....and I haven't done any exercise.

Lost my job, the company I cleaned at went into liquidation, so not only am I skint, I now just spend all day sitting on my arse at my desk....oh well...

How are you guys? Surviving the weather?

Hi Pink,

Too hot here, I've been learning a lot about snow on the site! I am reading a biography of Agatha Christie at the moment, and feeling slightly sad. Firstly, the writer, describing a long OS trip, says that Agatha left Australia and went to Tasmania. (My wonderful state, and very much part of Australia) Then, in a letter to her mother, Agatha wrote how much she was looking foward to leaving the "australian voices" behind- the accent I guess. (She did like Australia though, that much is clear from her letters. And Tasmania)

Hope all your work is going well. What do you think your chances of getting another job are?

Heya :)
Who wouldn't like Australia? From what I've seen (on TV) it looks gorgeous. I'd probably collapse and die in the heat though, I'm too pale for that much sunlight, lol.
Yeh, snow's pretty much taken over every conversation in the UK, are you as sick of it as I am? We're on tenterhooks wondering if it's going to pour down again and lock us in the house.
I read somewhere that Agatha Christie really hated her character Poirot, and that's why he's rarely in the books, he just pops in when he's needed. Strangely enough, I think I read that Arthur Conan Doyle disliked Holmes....I don't understand why you'd write using a character you disliked, surely your bias would impose itself on the reader? Hmm...
I'm reading Pride and Prejudice atm, got to love a bit of Austen...not so much looking forward to analysing it though, it always ruins the magic of the book.

I don't know about the job. I'm not even going to look until the end of term in a couple of weeks, I have so many deadlines.

How are you? That nurse still driving you insane?
Been up to much?
Oh! You have a summery Christmas over there don't you? That seems very strange to me.
You all prepared for it?

I've read that Agatha Christie didn't like Poirot too, but this biographer says this isn't the case. I think when she invented him, she made some biographical decisions- about him- that she later found very limiting. I don't know if you would know this, but Agatha Christie "disappeared" in real life for ten or so days at the end of her first marriage- it was a bit of a storm in a teapot really, because she had written and told her brother in law where she would be, but there was some concern that her husband had murdered her, and there was a huge search. I was reading about this in bed on Friday night- Dec 3rd- and strangely enough, she had gone missing on Friday, Dec 3rd, all those years ago, talk about a coincidence!

The nurse situation is still, sadly, ongoing, although there is a reasonable chance that I'll sack her tomorrow. (She has breached her care of duty, rather badly) I have been up since 4.30 this morning, bet she is sleeping soundly!

Christmas day is traditionally stinking hot here. There is an enormous beach party in Sydney on Bondi Beach for anyone a long way from home- I believe literally thousands of British travellers spend the day there. A bugger of a day to get caught in the kitchen! I guess some of our traditions would be different due to the season- yesterday I picked the first Christmas lillies, (White Asiatic Lillies), and the scent takes me back to childhood Christmases past. Do you have any Christmas flowers?
I did buy quite a lot of gifts quite early, but have dropped my bundle, must get back to it! Will you send many Christmas cards?
Our academic year ends now too- uni students have about three months off, and school students between 6-8 weeks. (Depends on age) Does a term/semester end at Christmas for you?

Pink i was wondering what are u taking in uni??

And im in the same boat eating junk food plus no exercise must be the nasty weather...

Sorry that u lost ur job, hopefully u'll get another one soon.:)

Hey guys! Sorry I've been away for so long! I've been being crap! Just lost the buzz I think.
Anyway, I've put on half a stone, give-or-take, over Christmas, so I'm back up to around the 14st mark, so I need to get my arse back in gear. But I'm still a size 16 (just about probably) which is good; i fit in all of my old 'skinny' clothes, and some of my mum's too, so I have a practically new wardrobe ;)

Minus - I like the Agatha Christie thing, who wouldn't want to drop off of the map for a few days, strange coincidence with the dates though.

Not really Christmas flowers, but we usually have holly and ivy decorations. We walk to the local woods and steal some of the loose stuff and then arrange it in oasis with candles and some golden twiggy things my mum has.

Did you have a good Christmas? Ours was nice, quiet for a change.

Hope- I'm taking English and Creative writing, which is a fab course, but I'm hating on the Christmas essays atm.
How are you doing?

I just discovered how to make soup, which is actually really easy, good for you, and warming, good for the winter.

Just boil up some lentils until very soft (takes about 30-40 mins depending on the amount, but you can just leave it to boil/simmer whilst you do something else), then boil some veg, I used carrots, parsnips and a couple of potatos.
Drain the lentils and add them to the veg, chuck in a veggy stock cube (and a chicken stock jelly if you want) and some spices, and then just blend it up. It's really thick and filling.

Bon - heya girlie, how's it going? Have a good Christmas?
I'll go check out your diary and see how it's going.

xxxx

Welcome back! Have you been working hard over your break? Our Christmas was quiet too, lovely, too many vino's, but what the hey? I've put on four pounds, must get back on the straight and narrow!

Hey its good to see you back. Your soup with the lentils sounds lovely, i will have to give that a go. Hope you had a lovely Christmas. x

Heya,
Um...I've done a bit of work, but mostly I've been rubbish; I'm going back a week early to get it all done.

Bah, you're supposed to put on weight at Christmas, otherwise what you you have to make your new years resolution? Lol.
Too many vinos... Is that even possible? ;)

The soup is nice yeh :) I'm going to try butternut squash and pepper in the week I think. Nice and cheap to make too compared to most meals, one batch lasts at least a couple of meals.

Well, today was my first day back on calorie counting, and I managed to only eat 1400, however I'm aiming for 1200 a day, and it was a slice of cheese cake that put me over. I missed lunch too, so it wasn't an amazing day. I did however get the most gorgeous blazer jacket in the 'Next' sale, 30quid reduced from 60. It's lush!

How are you guys doing? Xxx

How are you doing?

Hi pink, your pictures are fab! The transformation is incredible! Well done! :)

Back