Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

Hi x
I'm good thanks taking each day and trying my best. x
You do work really hard and i think your fab at writing! so I would of given you an A*...
And fingers crossed for a loss as all that exercise must count for something! :D
And ditto with "The Kings Speech" Id love to see it.
Will catch up soon xxx

Heyaaaa,
so I had a sneaky weigh in today and I came in at 13st 4, which is awesome, but I do change from day to day, so I'll see officially on Sunday.

It's amazing what a difference just walking can make, and o be honest, it doesn't take much longer than driving when you consider traffic and parking, and it's loads cheaper, what with petrol prices as they are. Good stuff.

I am having a KFC tonight, my friend and I have had it arranged since last week, as she hands her last essay for the month in today. But I've calculated the number of cals it's going to be (700), so, I have 500 cals during the day, which is cereal for breakfast and some soup and toast for lunch, so it's all good :)

How's everyone?

GAAAHHH!
It was going so well yesterday, I ate really sensibly all day, then had my KFC, and still had 200 cals left for the day. We decided to go to the shops at about 11 to get something sweet, and I was going to get a yogurt or something, but I ended up teaming up with my mate for pudding, and we ended up with a bar of cadbury caramel (the big ones, and I ate half) and an apple pie and custard (of which I also ate half)....

So after all of that, I ended up being like 1000 over my calories........GRRRR. I didn't even feel good afterwards, I just felt full and sick.

So that's pretty much scuppered any hopes of weiging in -3lbs. I weighed myself this morning and I've put on 1lb so far, but I know hese things take time to take hold.

Going to go sit on the exercise bike for at least half an hour now...

Right, official weigh in: 13st 5. So that's a loss of 2lbs this week.
Could have done better without the blip, but 2lbs is my target for each week.

Hope that everyone's well :)

Well done Em. We all have blips though its what keeps us sane! well done on the 2lbs thats very good!

Well its a stone really as i went up to 13 stone after new year! Down to 12 stone 9lbs on last weigh in. Was hoping for 2lb this week but it looks like 1lb (official weigh in is 2moro!)

I'd like to be 12 7 by then end of january, which is back at the lowest i've been, I guess i need to focus on the fact that would mean 1/2 a stone lost this month which is fab! Just feel like i'm never going to get in to the 11's which is really where i want to be!

xxx

Of course you'll get there babes. Maybe you should start only aiming for 1lb a week? You've lost so much already it's bound to slow down, and there's no use pushing youself really hard and then getting disheartened.
At the mo you're just struggling with the stone that everyone has to deal with after xmas, you're like normal now, haha.
You still gyming it up?

yep! this week i've been twice and an hour of zumba and then 30 minutes of my dvd work out earlier one. Zumba 2moro then plan to go to the gym during the week and at the weekend, aiming for a decent amount of exercise 3 times a week.

I was just looking up zumba before I came back on here! Is it any good? I looked at a clip on youtube and it looked quite complicated.

It's funny, I haven't had a cold all winter (which is really unusual for me) and then after having KFC on Friday, by Saturday I had the raving lurgy....I think that says a lot.
Back to being healthy now.

I'm sort of eating 6 small meals a day at the moment, which seems to be working out well. Although my bacon sandwhich did push me 20clas over my limit, but bugger it.
It's actually amazing how much food you can eat for 1200 cals if you pick sensibly!

Walking to uni tomorrow, might even walk around the lake on the way back to add 35 mins to it, I'll see how I feel, and how cold it is, lol.

Hi Emz, it's interesting what you say about the KFC - how it lead to eating more, despite being controlled with it. I do things like that, work it out, eat sensibly then lose it completely and eat mad things. Why do we do these things? Blowed if I know.

Still, sounds like you are back on the straight and narrow and can have a very good week ahead. I agree 1200 cals can give you plenty of food spent well, you could probably go to 1400 and lose well, be careful that you are not being too strict with yourself.

Hiya Pink,

well done on the two pounds! Work is going ok- stressy 'cause I'm trying to renovate a building I purchased to move the practice in to- seeing patients is the easy part of the day at the moment! I am reading PD James books instead of drinking the stress away- which is sort of working!
Good work on the walking!

Still doing really good I see Emz. yey! Ive been so naughty this weekend (you'll have to go see my diary), but i'm back on it again from today.

You been up to much at the weekend? xxx

Hi Pink x
Well done on your 2 pounds weight loss :D:D. Thats a great loss.
I am rejoining the gym next week so hopefully that wil boost my weight loss.
Have a good week xx

Barb - Yeh it tends to become a downward spiral with controlled badness leading to a complete blowout, but, we live we learn, lol.

Minus - you've got a lot going on then! I'm sure it'll be worth it! Is it a nicer building than the last? Reading rathet than wine, well...it's deffinitely better for you ;)
I'm starting 'Great Expectations' this week...wish me luck!

Kassy - I'll pop and have a look, sure it hasn't been thaaaaat bad though ;)

Katierose - ooo gym, good luck. Don't work too hard though, you're on too few calories to push yourself too far. T'wil be wicked though I'm sure. Do miss the gym a bit on occasion.

Walked to uni today, powerwalked all of the way, even up the hill, but we had a hot choc when we got there, so we sort of balanced it out, lol.
They want us to decide what to do for our dissertations and write the proposal by March, so I'm a tad stressed about that. It's a year of my life, and I have no idea what I want to spend that much time on...Oh well.

Nothing terribly interesting to report really. I'll pop and take a look a everyone elses diaries now :)

hi Emz, some zumba steps are complicated, but the instructor usually tells you to just keep moving if you find something too difficult and do something that looks kind of similar!

x

Haha fair enough. Might give it a bash in a stone's time, lol.

Just back from uni, walked there and back and doing it again at 2, which should make up for the fact that I ate an epic dinner last night!

I've been starting to get compliments at uni and stuff like that, which has been a real boost. It's probably party the weightloss and party the fact that I'm dressing better and making an effort (which is because of the weightloss, so it all joins up). But yeh, it's a new experience, I'm not really sure how to respond when someone says something nice, mostly I just blush and stammer I think.

Going to see 'the kings speech' tomorrow, so that should be wicked :)

Hope everyone's well.

Hi Pink x
I am so pleased your getting compliments! I bet the weight loss does show xx:D and all that exercise that you do too.
I will take it easy with the exercise I answered your question on my diary but I do appreciate your concern your such a nice kind person x but I am checking with my GP every step of the way with my diet so wont overdo the exercise. I did have high blood pressure and now its nearly normal (from my heaviest at 20 stone) so I am pleased as at one point it was borderline as to whether I needed to take medication I didnt want to go down that route, so am hoping will have a normal reading when I next go to the Drs.
Have a good week xx Catch up soon

Heya Katierose, good to hear :) I do worry about my girlies on here, lol. I'll go check your diary in a sec.

Not going to lie, I'm struggling today. Due on I think. I'm already over my calories, and I just want to munch on everything! My mates boyfriend bought us all a jam swissroll each, which is like 60cals for a sixth, so yeh....might just screw it though and eat it...or I wont...I don't know. It's so tempting!!!

Walked to uni twice.....but slowly.
Just a meh day, I'll try to be more upbeat tomorrow.

Hey Pink, just caught up to ur diary and yay, to people complimenting you, you have worked hard for it and I am the same with you....when people say something nice I just don't know how to react...

Ohh, how was the kings speech, i wanted to go and see it aswell.

Back