Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

It's basically similar to a birthday party. We've hired out the bowling club and dj. it gives a chance for both of our families to meet properly and celebrate. We will be having a disco and I've hired uplighters to make the place look lovely! lol wel make a speech and cut the engagement cake and let the guests have drinks and party the night away. Im also going to put on a buffet. I was going to hire a caterer but thought it would be more fun if I done it on my own! lol

plus we get loads of pressies! lol

the venue for the wedding is a family run business. It is high up on a hill and has really nice views and they have a nice garden etc. We get the run of the entire place on the day. the room for the dinner is nice, the way the top table sits is that behind it is a huge window with the views xx

Ooh things sound very exciting for you Pink.

I agree about the Kings Speech - brilliant.

Hi sweet girl- boy's taste in lit isn't bad! I'm looking at a kindle, but like you I like the feel and smell of books. Cause I'm stressed with the renos, I've been reading nothing but detective books. Better than the alternatives- alcohol- really.
Have you found a topic yet?

Emz, what have i missed? Who is this bloke you are all talking about. Tell me more :)

Yes, we defo need to set ourselfs a challange. I am aiming to lose a stone by my 30th birthday on 28th March. You think thats do-able?

I want a kindle now. They sound fantastic. And I love your idea you were on about - wrighting about how prostitutes have evolved in books. There is always lots of prostitutes in Martina Cole books. I'm just on reading one of hers now.

xx

Heya guys, sorry I haven't been about. Went home to MoT the car, and it ended up taking a week in the garage, so I didn't get back to Cardiff until Wednesday (and of course, I left my laptop in Cardiff! so that's why I've not been around).

Met up with the guy on Thursday, for dinner and a film...didn't exactly finish watching the film, and I ended staying the night. It was a lot more comfortable this time, I decided that I couldn't be bothered to be nervous about meeting up, so we just hung out and talked.
One thing though, he keeps asking me 'what are you thinking?' and I'm like...****...'nothing', it's liekt he gender roles have been reversed.
Anyway, I think I'm meeting him again in the week.

Kirst - the engagement party sounds fab! And so does the wedding location, sounds beautiful! you buying a dress for the party? lol.

Emma - I'm well thanks, how are you doing?

downsizingmycurves - it was such a good film, I might need to go and see it again! Colin Firth, mmm.

Minus - I'm really enjoying my kindle actually, of course it's not the same as having a book, but it is handy just to have in your bag if you travel a lot or just like to pull out a book when you're out and about; they honestly dont weigh anything, it's mad! The other thing is, it doesn't hurt your hands to hold it, I ofen get cramp holding books open because of the dodgy joints in my thumb.
How's the move going?
I read a phillip marlowe book last month and it was really good, might read some more in the series. You reading Christie or something different?

Kassy - Oh thanks, i'll look into Cole then.
Um the bloke, we met up in September and Octobver a few times and then stopped talking for no reason really, just drifted. But yeh, seeing each other again ;)
That goal sounds good, deffo need to up the exercise. I really want to join the gym again!
How's adonis?

Katierose - How's you lovely? About to go and check your diary.

Um, being at home I ate loads of rubbish, as mum has fallen completely off of the wagon and just doesn't care, and she kept on making all of my fave puddings. I didn't really exercise much eaither, aside from shovelling a tonne (literally) of gravel into the garden, but that was more muscle than cardio.
Anyway, was worried that I would ahve put on laods of weight, btu I WI in this morning and I'm still 13st 3, which is good. I mean I was hoping to be 13st this week, but oh well. Back to work I suppose. Might look up some pay-as-you-go gymns in the area.

Hope you're all well xxx

Hi Emz! Nice to see you back :) Ooh you going on a date again how lovely. Sounds like you had a good time and so proud you weren't nervous at all and staying over :)

Sounds like you get on well.

Good luck for losing that 3lbs this week. I started zumba on thursday night which was amazing! So much fun and gets you burning up a sweat! :)

Have a lovely weekend xx

When do you weigh in Pink? You still have 2 weeks to reach your 13 stone target. You can do it xx

Hi Emz, well done on not gaining, if your Mum's puds are good, which I am sure they are, then you did well not to put on! You'll soon knock off those 3lbs!
Glad you are enjoying the Kindle, I knew you would. I know they are always going to be people who say it's not the same but you can enjoy both I think.

Good to have you back Pink and yes, Colin Firth! Mmm.

I hope to see Brighton Rock this week. I loved the book so hopefully the film will be good too.

Heya girlies :)

Yeh I suppose I do have 2 weeks still, I just sort of got it into my head I was going to get that goal like 2 weeks early, but oh well...

Not going to lie, it hasn't been a healthy weekend...well it's not been awful, but my flatmates bought a load of biscuits and chocolate for our valentines weekend together (we watched the notebook immediately followed by ps. I love you, I was in freaking bits!!) so yeh...I did buy myself some pontefract cakes but I ended up eating bikkies anyway...
Walking to uni all week so that should help, and I really should go on the bike...meh.

How are you guys doing?

Zumba sounds really cool, I'd be interested to try it, but I just really can't dance or pick up steps or any of that, so I might stick to having a bit of a bop around my bedroom in my jammies instead, lol.

xxx

Hey Pink x
Good to see you back and that 3 pound will be gone before you know it, I ve posted some photos on my diary, plucked up the courage to do it as people have started commenting woo hoo! altho I still have such a long way to go, Am enjoying curves tho :D
Hope you have a good week and speak soon xxx

Hi Emz

Sopunds like you had a good weekend. Cant beat a few chick flicks and comfort food with the girlies hehehe.

I'm off out for a meal tonight with the Adonis but then back to being good tomorow.

Hehehehe, dancing round the room in ya jim jams. I do that too hahaha xx

Heya,

Katie - aye, people are fab on here!
Hope you have a good week too :)

Kassy - read all about your evening, very niiice ;)
Can't beat a bit of jim-jam-dancing, lol.

Um, it's going...not amazingly. Better today than yesterday. But yesterday the girls and I had curry and naans for dinner and then a massive hunk of homemade cake (aving more tonight).
So I'm trying to be good today, went to lidl and got some veg soup there (66 cals per half a tin, which is low for soup!) and am not snacking.

Did 15 mins on the bike last night, enough to get my heart going a bit, will do that again tonight.

Bloody essays....

Hope you're all well :)

So I have a house for next year! Got one of the (supposedly) last 3 bedroom student houses available, and it's actually really nice ;)

Have done lots of walking today, probably about 2 and a half hours all together, most of it at a moderate pace, but i did powerwalk home from uni because I was dying for a pee ;P

I'm sure that I had something interesting to say.... it's gone.

How are you guys doin?

ooh you have a house for next year! So how does that work then? Do you share with flatmates? Do you have to pay rent?

You must be excited! :D

Hows the diet going? x

Hey Emz x
Great news on the house :D:D Hope you have a good weekend xx Catch up soon:)

Hi Pink!

Not been around for months (fell off the wagon completely!!), I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things so just thought I'd drop in and say Hi! I will need to catch up with your diary and see what you've been up to :)

Back