Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

well done for resisting temptation Pink :)...well apart from the pastilles! (oooh fruit pastilles...yum yum...but a big :nono: for me :))

Haven't got good weather up here, dull and cold, so go out and enjoy that walk Pink, (to get inspiration for those essays of course ;) )

Hey Emz! Hows your week going?

Heyaaaa!
Aww sorry that you're still getting miserable weather Rose, but I spose you're used to it all the way up there, lol.

Hey Kirst, not too bad ta, how's you?

I'm sooo close to finishing this essay!! Gaaahhhhh!!! Probably just 2 more days and it'll be done. Has to be, it's killing me, I've been doing it for weeks!!

Bunked uni today so no walk up the hill. Have stayed under my cals for the first time in ages though.

I have given up biscuits and pudding for lent! I have told my housemates (and reiterated this point with the one who's always making us go and buy pudding from the 24 tesco at ridiculous hours). So, hopefully I should start seeing losses again soon!

Was hoping that I'd be able to go to the gym in the eater hols whilst I'm back at home, but out gas, electricity and water bills all just came through at once, so unless I can borrow money off of my little brother (who just got a bonus at work, so maybe) I won't be able to go, I might try and make him go jogging with me though...even though he's a foot taller than me and twice as fit...

Hope everyone's doing ok.

Hi Pink,

I've only read the last couple of pages of your diary, I'm going to sit this afternoon and read through the whole thing :D but I too just wanted to say you look gorgeous in that dress, very slinky indeed :p

We're the same height and I wish I looked as slim as that right now! You must be doing something right :D

Catch up with you later, have a great day :) xx

Hey pink!
Little freudian slip you've got there...you called easter eater hols. :D
I'm so happy to hear that you have managed to give up all the treats! I need to do it. Wasting perfectly good daily calories on them! Could be eating something what actually makes me full! Hope you're able to heep it up. Well done! x

HAHAH EATER HOLS! Well, why not eh?!

Maisie - thanks, I honestly do not look that slim every day, lol.Being short is hard man. I keep on seeing people heavier than me that look muuuch slimmer just because they've got a few extra inches of height. Oh well, one day soon we'll be all svelte and lovely, lol.
And good luck reading it all! Crikey I have a lot of pages now....bit of a spammer, lol.

Liisa - I'm currently addicted to cream crackers, they're 30 cals, and surprisingly filling. I put a little bit of honey on them sometimes if I want something sweet, seems to be working.

I'm getting soo frustrated with myself! I havent reached my February goal, even though I've only had 3lbs to lose for weeeeks now! It's just being lazy and letting my flatmates encourage me into eating pudding. But no more! That's it! I didn't have pudding last night, and aside from the initial pang after dinner, I didn't feel like I needed it!

Sort yourself out Emma! Grrr! ;)

Hope that everyone's doing well! xxx

Hang in there Pink, you've came so far!

Well done on your intention to shun puddings :eek: your reward will be on the scales next time :)

I am having 'dry' cream crackers to stop any hunger pangs!!!! ;) hmmm, with honey would be a treat for me :rolleyes:

good luck :)

Go you, darling girl, you will get back on track. I've given up chocolate for Lent, day two done and dusted. How much time do you have off for Easter?

I did it, I read it all! Has took me most of the day, on and off lol, but has been a GREAT read Pink :D

Keep up the good word, you can DO this girl ;)

Hi de hi pink! Sounds like your doing good :)

IT'S ALL GONE HORRIBLY WRONG! So...Having decided to also give up bread, at lunch time, i had half a tin of soup and some crackers...then some more crackers, then some malt loaf, then some more malt loaf, then some crackers, then some more crackers, then a load of haribo....and then we all went to the pub, where I had 4 smirnoff ices and a becks....I did run home though...because my mate freaked out at me and pissed off home alone, and I panicked that she'd get abducted or something. I've never actually fallen out with anyone ever, so yeh...I'm a bit upset, I've written her a letter and left some haribo outside her room....but yeh.

So.

Rainbow- aye, I did really well with the crakcers yesterday, they really do help hunger pangs! you're doing so amazing, keep it up!

Minus - ooo chocolate, the big one! You'll manage it though, you're awesome. how's everything? The new surgery getting sorted?

Maisie, crikey, good effort, lol. This is only half of the journey too, madness man! How's you doing?

Kirst....well.... how's you? lol.

xxxx

Awww, hope you and your friend make up today, good move with the haribo, she'll surely be touched by the gesture :)

So yesterday was a bit of an off day food wise, never mind, hey, today it all starts again, bet you've already been on your best behaviour and are back on track :)

Did you manage to persuade your brother to go jogging with you?

What is haribo? Day three done and dusted, but Lent last for 46 days, not 40 as I thought!
How is the essay going? How about the friend/bust up?
The new place is really lovely, but not fully functional- still things to be done, and workmen around, and I'm over it now. I will have to just hang on, but it just makes everything that much harder.
Hope you have a good one sweetheart!

Liisa - Yeh, I think it helped. I've never had any girly friends, so I've never done the whole falling out over silly things, but it seems to be ok now, thanks. How's you?

RainbowRose- well I started today with a fried egg sandwhich (for the hangover) but I'm now going to be healthy. I think I'm going to buy some veg and make a soup later on.
I live away from home during term, but when I go back for easter, I'm hoping to persuade him ;)

Minus- haribo is brand of sweet, like cola bottles and fried eggs, anddd....gum-rings and stuff like that.
Well...the essay is ok I think, I'm just editing it today, i have far too much on Wordsworth and not enough on Dickens, so I'll sort that out.
What are you reading at the moment?
Oh well I'm sure it'll be worth it once all of the work is finished. Any dishy builders to goggle at? ;)
Hope you're well.

I am reminded why it is that I rarely drink! My best-friend has her boyfriend down from Ireland, so we had to show him a good time, so yeh...that lead to drinking....eugh.

Well, I did run/jog last night, all the way home after my friend, (who I think I've made up with now) so that had to have burnt some of the booze cals off. My knees and hip are aching this morning though!

Hope that you're all well :)

Lol @ drunken running! Hope you and your friend are all fine now :) I think the haribo was a really sweet idea :)

Did you make some soup? Can't beat it in this weather!

Hope today's been a good one for you Pink :)

Wish we had haribo! No dishy builders at all, absolutely the opposite! I've been reading all the PD James books- detective fiction got me through this reno, (it was either that or alcohol), and today I started her autobiography, A Time To Be In Earnest, which is really enjoyable so far. I have started a list of all the books she writes about, (reading herself), which might be my next reading list? Next weekend our local library has their annual second hand book sale, super cheap, I have been trying to train OH to use his elbows, but so far no good. (It gets really nasty with people pushing, really!)

Hope today is a good one for you!

Maisie - I'm pretty sure that everyone else on the street was pretty amused too...I run like a fairy according to my P.E teacher when I was in school. I think it's the arms sort of flapping rather than pumping....yeh....

I'm pretty sure that we're all made up, we haven't mentioned it, and we've spent some time together. I've read about people having dramas like this, but never experienced it...I suppose it's all life experience that will help when I'm a massively famous author...*wistful sigh*

No soup! I literally haven't left the house since we went to the pub. On the up side, I have now almost finished the essay. Just a conclusion and half an annotated bibliography to go and I'm done! I think I'm pleased with it.

Minus- I FOUND YOUR DIARY! You didn't tell me you had one! I read it all, and now feel entirely caught up with the whole renovation. Shame about the lack of beautiful builders, and that floor man sounds like an absolute bore, but oh well. It must be worth it.

Library book sale? That sounds like a dream! I can't wait for the holidays, I've accumulated so many books during term that I haven't had a chance to read!

So...raised my hopes yesterday...I stood on the scales and LO! A magical loss of 3lbs.....I then moved the scales to where I usually weigh myself....and I sts! Bloody Victorian floors! I will weigh myself on the tiles tomorrow and see for sure. But I'm pretty certain I've not lost anything, especially after all of the booze the other day. Oh well....

Hey Pink :)

OMG, I've been known to move the scales around to try and get a better result! Mine seem wise to my little tricks now and stubbornly show the same weight wherever I put them - what's that all about then? Humph! ;)

Stupid scales. Mine sometimes are even different on the same spot.
I like my mum, when I'm at hers she always shows me the spot where you weigh less :D I'm sure she has actually tried all the places!

Back