Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

well done on getting to the gym, and taking mum with you...you can now encourage each other :)

enjoy your summer hols, with your personality you'll make new friends , in your new surroundings over the summer no problem :)

well done on weight loss..here's to the 12's next weigh in! go girl :)

Hiya Pink

I'm sure you will have no trouble hitting the 12's next week, well done on joining the gym. Ive finally realised you do need to move your ass to loose weight!!!

Speak later x x

Heya!

RR - ha! how do you make friends without school or a job? nah. I'm not very sociable in real life, just generally not very socially adept ;) That's why the internet is so fabulous.

Yeh, feeling that I need to encourage Mum is what helps me to keep myself motivated. If it was just me I'd be like 'baahh, I'll miss a day, it'll be fine' but because I want to see her do well and get healthy it makes me try that bit harder.

S16 - yeh, the whole exercise thing really is the key, which is a pain! Haha. Oh well. It'll all be worth it in the end!

Back to the gym today, 35 mins on treadmill and 15 on cross trainer, after that Mum was waiting to leave (which is the downside to going together).

Struggling with food, I just don't know what to eat. I've been eating a lot of oats and wholegrain cereal, and dinner isn't too bad, but what can I eat for lunch that isn't a sandwhich? I'm not into salad...JUST PLAIN AWKWARD AINT I ;)

Suggestions welcome (coveted).

How is everyone?

Well done Emz on the exercise and the 1lb off! You will be rocking those 12's in no time.

How about pitta bread for lunch? Stuffed with some crispy lettuce and cucumber with a nice dollop of houmous! YUM!

I sometimes have some crackers and ham (it's my favourite! low cal and filling) some beetroot cucumbe, tomato, rye bread, couple of crisps (I find it good to get a big packet of fancy crisps then you don't have a need to eat the whole pack)...I also just have a porridge with water when I'm at work and some fruit...could have some avocado and rice cakes...there's so many things what you can put on your plate and it will look yummy and so very filling. xx

Thanks for the suggestions :)
I had a pitta bread with salad and tuna for lunch today and I'll pop out shopping for some other things later :)
liisa 0 I don't think I can just eat a couple of crisps, I tend to need to scoff the whole bag no matter what, probably best to steer clear of that until I have your amount of will power ;)

Had yesterday off the gym but went today.
Braved the rowing machine, HATE IT! Did 5 mins of 1 min on 1 min (ish) off. Blimey. Did it hard enough that I killed 70 cals though.

Did a bit on the treadmill, not as much as usual though because I've hurt my calf.

I tried those vibrating powerplates....well....they were interesting. I think I was doing it wrong, I just felt a bit silly really...but tbh there were a lot of fit blokes around and I wasn't up for properly making a fool of myself trying to work out how to do the various positions... maybe I'll be braver another day.

Then I did some weight machines, and finally I did 10 mins on crosstrainer. Mum was done-in by then so we left otherwise I probably would have pushed myself to do longer on the cross trainer.

I'M SURE THAT WAS REAAAALY EXCITING FOR EVERYONE TO READ ;)

Anyway.

What are you guys up to? Plans for the weekend?
I really need to finish writing that essay....THE JOY!

Best wishes.

Well done on the gym... Keep it up... you'll soon find that you're able to do more and more each time you go... And remember, any exercise is better than none :D

Hope your day is going well Pink?

Crackers and laughing cow cheese triangles, baked potato and healthy filling or some pasta with low fat sauce for lunch...no, not all at the same time!!! :) hee hee

Hey. So, I've been miserable all day and had a complete blow out. a sausage roll, 8 rich teas, hot chocolate, pillow chocolates (from B&B stock), malt loaf...

I WI this morning and lost 1lb, which is ok, but I was so hoping for two, I really thought I'd be in the 12s this week! I know it's because I only went to the gym 4 times, and missed 2 days in a row...but it's still frustrating, I haven't eaten a single bad thing all week!

But oh well...back on top of things tomorrow. I'll go to the gym at least 5 times next week! And finish this sodding essay which is just hanging over me like a vulture waiting for me to die of thirst.

I'll be more cheerful tomorrow, promise.

Hey lovey :)

chin up, a 1lb loss is all good you know and as everyone says, its not a gain. Believe me, you will be in the 12's at next weigh in :)

so you had a wee treat or two yesterday. so what? :) its been and gone now, and today you will be so good, you'll be wearing a halo by this evening :)

have a good one, and i hope the end of the essay is in sight :)

She has returned!
God I was a miserable bugger on Sunday, ha.

Um, so I've had a couple of days where I've not been awful, but I haven't been good either, but I don't really care.
Back to the gym today, did 4 mins on rowing machine (rowing like a maniac for 1 min then resting for 1min)...anyway, I think I forgot to breathe or something because I came over all dizzy and sweaty, so Mum made me sit down for a bit. But after that I was fine so I tootled off and did half an hour on the treadmill, did about 10 mins of jogging over all, but I did it in 2 min bursts. After that mum was ready to go home, so i didn't end up doing the crosstrainer, but I will tomorrow.

THE ESSAY WILL NEVER END! To be fair, I haven't touched it in about 2 days, however, I have sent off a short story to a competition and embroidered myself a new bookmark (procrastination thy name is Emma), lol.

How's everyone? Has your weather been as crap as ours? It's miserable!

Best wishes.

P.S. I'm officially over half-way through now!

We had a nice day yesterday but it looks rubbish again today. This is a summer of single nice days followed by a week of rubbish!

Sounds like the gym is going well, although you need to go steady and not make yourself dizzy.

The bookmark sounds good, much more fun than an essay. Now be a good Emz and crack on with the essay, you know you must. xxxxx

Hi Pink...

Careful with dizziness in the gym... you need to pace yourself... slowly and steady wins the race ;)

Make sure and have water with you... I tend to bring a bottle with a bit of sugar free cordial... gives me a boost when I need it! Dehydration happens very easily and is really bad for your body.

One day at a time and soon you'll be fit as a fiddle ;)

Hiya
weather changeable here, showery then a blast of sunshine..plays havoc with my laundry routine :)

Take care at the gym..and please remember to breathe lovey!
You are doing well, and your gym involvement is admirable :)

Have a good day..and as Barb says...get on with that essay girl!!! :)

the quicker you do, the sooner it will be done and dusted!

Right, well...1lb loss again this week, so I'm officially in the 12s, which is good...I was a bit miffed though, because I worked hard at the gym, but oh well.

Was very dispirited today, even spent a couple of hours looking up liposuction and working out how I could raise £2500, but at 8pm I made myself snap out of it and took myself to the gym!

Deffo need to up the gym this week, I REALLY want to lose 2lbs! I only have 3 weeks left of membership, so I need to make it count.

My eating hasn't been amazing, deffo need to make a soup! And I really need to stop snacking. It starts off ok, I'll have a snack-a-jack or some fruit, but sometimes (normally at about 2am) I'll break into the B&B stash and have a choc-chip brioch (that's the downside to living/working in a B&B...there's always croissants).

Ok. So...even if I can only do this 1lb a week...(which would suck because then I wouldn't be at target for 10 months)...I'll get there in the end. Probably.

Anyway, it does my heart good to see you all doing so well :)
xxx

Thing is Emz, it is a 1lb off - not on! I know it is not as fast as you would like but you are probably gaining muscle with the gym and if you know you are not being as saintly as you could be on the food front, well, what do you expect?

Last week when I had an STS I knew I had not tried as hard as I could. There was a reason for that STS, which meant i could draw a line under it and plan to do better this week. Which I did. You must do the same, you want to lose more? Then plan to keep up the gym work and cut down a bit more on the nibbles, it will work and this time next week you will be happy not discontented.

There you go, tough love, but love all the same. xxxx

Good on you Pink, a lb off, its all heading in the right direction! ...now step away from the goodies at snack time, grab some fruit, or raisins, or crackers etc instead..and that 2lb loss is very achievable :) :) :)

Congrats on reaching the 12's..a lb a week until christmas, and you'll be in the 11's at least and heading to the 10's!!!! :)

You people....you astound me. You're amazing.
So, yes. Right. Get arse in gear and stop moaning.

Went to the gym again last night, didn't do as much, but I think I pushed myself too hard the day before and knackered my knees. Oh well.

Day off of gym today to recover, going to see Harry Potter (FINALLY) tonight. My little brother and his gf were kind enough to invite me, so now I just need to try to not be too embarrassing.

The essay is finished! Which is good.

Might head out for a walk seeing as I'm having the day off of the gym.

Hope you're all well, you amazing people!

Back