Pixie has put another 2lbs on in first week on ww & needs serious help!!!

Pixie

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

I desperately need some advice.
I lost 5st on Lighterlife last yr, have put on a little weight over the last 18mnths & would like to lose 24lbs.:sigh:
Up until this morning I was following slimming world, however despite 19 days on the plan (sticking to it to the letter!) I have managed to put on 10lbs!!!!!!!!! :break_diet:(hence the need to lose 24lbs now instead of just a stone!!!)
Im going to swap to weightwatchers tonight & would appreciate some advice esp if anyone has moved from SW?
Thanks x x x

Last edited:
I was on sw too at one point and failed and like you put on weight, lost some and it went on. I went and had my baby and joined weight watchers and am losing weight.
Its not omplicated at all, you just work out your points and stick to them. So easy. Theres a thread Clicky here it should help you better then my ramblings!

Ive done SW in the past to .... and im not bitching about the plan or anything cos it does work for some and thats great! I just feel that it doesnt encourage healthy eating! ...
WW on the other hand does .. healthy portion sizes and you get your points for the day and your supposed to make the right choices in how you use them! ....
Good luck with the start of WW ... make sure you read everything start with the basics and use your points! ....
:)

Hi Pixie and welcome. I used to do SW but came onto WW as I stuggled to lose on SW.

Once you get your head round points, WW is easy. Are you going to go to a class or do it on here? I don't go to a class and don't feel the need to, but you will need an eating guide and a points calculator, which you can buy direct from WW or from a class.

Good luck x

Thanks everyone!
Yes I am going to a class tonight. My Mum does it so got some books but need the little calculator thingy so gonna go to class x
How quickly do you lose weight in general? x

I started in jan 08 and i dont stick to it religiously so i do have wobbly days somtimes and im 2.5lbs off my 2nd stone! ... i think 1-2lb a week once youve settled into it ... more likely to stay off then to :)
some people differ tho a friend of mine has lost 2.5 stone in 20 weeks so it depends how dedicated you are i think xx

Well I dont lose weight easily! Like I say have put 10lbs on recently by sticking to a SW plan so even 1-2bs a week would be good at the min! it'll only take me 5-10 weeks to lose what ive put on in 19 days lol x

WW say 7lbs a month is possible.

Hopefully your 19lbs will come off quite quickly as it was gained quickly.

Oh you can do it hun! Stick to it, drink your water too! You sound very determined and if you feel yourself slipping come on here and we will give you a good kick in the beee-hind! ;)x

Im hungry too hun, but ive stuck to my points today drank my water and been really good - food is a bloody addiction cos im sitting here sweating it out like i used to with hangovers! its horrible.

Hehehe well I'm not quite sweating yet!!! I am hungry enough to consider nibbling my nails tho! x

Well guys on my first week on WW i have put on a further 2lbs!!!!
Im so upset, I even went to a wedding this weekend & stuck to water ALL DAY!!! I could have just had the free champers & ended up with the same result.
I really am at a total loss as to what to do now?
My WW leader is away on hols this week so I cant even call her.
I've been to the gym 5 days out of 7 & worked really hard every time (30-40mins of hard cardio every day &30mins of weights/toning)should this make a difference? Thanks x

Back