Pixies Ponderings and Diary

CornishPixie

I've never been very good at diaries, but there is no reason I cant start now.

A bit about me, I am 28, single living in london and work in events marketing. i love my job, love my little flat and the life I have, however the only thing holding me back so far, has been my weight.

As a child I was always over weight, I never really had a conscious knowing of weight, calories or how to eat healthy. Despite being active at the gym my weight went up to 15stone and didnt move. At the beginning of 2011 I started lighter life and lost 4 stone - i was ecstatic. I've probably put about a stone of that back on, however my ultimate goal is to get down another 3 stone to 9stone ish. This is an entirely new journey for me, I still feel as huge as I did almost a year ago and am still 100% committed to my goal, I'm just trying to find the right route for me that includes food. Lighterlife was amazing, but its expensive and it had some knock on effects to my body I wasnt expecting, however i wouldnt change the experience for the world.

My journey hasnt finished yet and I am looking forward to getting the rest of the weight off steadily and seeing come the 1 year mark of starting lighter life where I am. If i can get another 1st off by then I'll be happy, 2 and I'll be ecstatic. That for me is the first goal. the one year mark.

Thanks for reading my ramblings!! Onwards and downwards

Pixie xxx

Hello Pixie and welcome! :)

Nice to see your diary. Good luck:D

Hello Pixie and good luck!! I too did LL last year.....!

J x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi pixie, hello and welcome. There are quite a few living in London on this atkins thread

Thanks everyone!! Looking forward to hitting my goals now an cracking on with the last leg of this journey.

Great to hear there are some fellow londoners too, if there are any Christmas meet ups would love to join in!

Just started listening to the jillian michaels podcasts - great inspiration on your way into work! Take a listen if you have a an iPod!

Cp xx

Morning Pixie... I must download the podcast!! Thanks!

I'm in London and it would be great to meet up... Lady Felsham/Susie, Kat1e and I have met a couple of times ... Hope you have a good day :)

Ooh yes let's do a london catch up - probably new year when reality hits and we all need a cheer up:D

I'm definitely up for that! :)

Hi Everyone, a meet up sounds great. I think considering we're cutting carbs, Rodizio would be a great idea. If you're not sure what it is, give it a google!

Thanks for all the posts, I have just left some content from a CBT book we had on lighter life in the christmas buddies thread. I wanted to answer the questions myself, because i am getting really frustrated with my own body. I need to trust it to lose the weight, it will, it just takes time however i go up, I go down, my diet fluctuates very little but its the smaller "blips" that are causing the stalls. I just cant eat the way i did and expect no effect on my body like it did in the past. Now a blip, even if its 1 pudding, or drinking alcohol, or having a few cookies takes about 2 days to get off me. Life can definitely be unfair, but i would sooner be thin and its unfair, then fat and not challenging myself.

So here are some questions I am asking myself to push myself that bit harder into the new year to make sure, even if its an ounce, a pound or a kilo, i come out of christmas lighter than when i started it!

1. Which areas of your life would you like to change? I want to be lean, thinner and toned to the max. I want to look and feel confident about myself and my body.
2. How or what specifically would you like to change in these areas? I want to have toned arms, they are a sticking point for me, i hate the bingo wings. I also want ripped abs, I am so close to seeing them, I can feel them just waiting underneath that last layer of blubber :(
3. What are the pros and cons of the change you have identified? The pro's - I will look and feel great, I can go into the new year feeling fabulous, and realising that although this is taking time, 12 months ago I was 3 stone heavier, fatter and unhappy. The con's are that it will take hard work, persistence, trusting my body to lose the weight and making sure that every pound I lose is counted out and not back on.
4. How would your life look if you didnt make this change, 6 months from now, 1 year from now and fives years from now. In 6 months time I would regret not making the effort to get it done. 1 year from now, I would be almost 30 and wondering why I have wasted so much time pursuing a healthier me and not going the distance and 5 years from now, I would likely be fatter, accepting myself as something I'm not and seeking comfort from food that cant provide me with anything but a bigger bum.
5. How would your life look if you DID make this change, 6 months from now, 1 year from now and five years from now. I can enjoy the summer, the beach, the bikini and feel great. In 1 year, I will be perfecting the toning and tidying up the areas I want for vanity sake as opposed to focusing on weight loss and 5 years from now I would hope to be married or almost married and settling down with someone and living life as much as I can.
6. Make a note of the actions you'll take this week to enable you to make changes in the areas you have been looking at. Take these actions. My actions this week will be to stop being a pussy and go to the gym even though its cold, its going to be cold for a long time so thats now officially no excuse. To stop weighing myself so often and taking the fluctations as gospel that I wont lose weight or it wont come off. It will, low carbs, count the calories in and count the calories out. It cant fail. Mind over matter

Great post Pixie! thank you!

I'm the same with having a hugely sensitive metabolism - I can gain weight by seemingly just breathing in heavier air!! lol

I've downloaded Jillian Michaels and have started listening to her on the bus - thanks again for the tip off! :)

Hi Pixie, great post. Thank you:D

alpaca, so glad your listening to jillian too! she is ace, really motivating. Cant believe how quickly I am getting through them - I think they are one a month, ish...

Will let you know if i come across any more! x

Morning Pixie... I'm onto the next podcast today ... Thanks for the tip off :)

Morning Pixie, how are you today?

Hey, not bad Thanks, how are you all?

Off to the docs tomorrow to get checked out so hoping to get some good feedback on that from them. Also got 6 days off now so going to blitz it in the gym I think and hit the steam room too.

How is everyone else doing? x

Back