Pixies Ponderings and Diary

Morning Pixie... Hope it all goes well :)

Morning Pixie, so what was the result then?

Morning Pixie, 6 days off sounds good. Hope you enjoy the gym:)

hey guys, so update on the doctors yesterday. Basically my metabolism and hormones are too low to enable fat loss and consequently my periods (sorry, tmi) which means, my body is only burning whatever i am eating and not stored fat and until my hormones become regular enough to fire up my metabolism then it wont start burning my stored fat either. Seriously feeling, frustrated and disappointed in my body. He said as i was already eating low calories, low carb and gymming it would take a massive effort to lose weight eating food and i would have to reduce my portion size by 10% every week for 2 months and eat only 3 hours a day with a min 4 hour gap in between and if i still havent lost weight they will give me meds. However, i am so confused. I just emailed my old LL counsillor to see if anyone else has been through anything similar. Also I am thinking maybe if i have no metabolism, or hormones do i suck it up for 12 weeks finish what i started on LL and then build it back up from goal. As obviously the diet i am running now is suffice to maintain a weight....suggestions or advice would be great. Feeling like I am at a cross roads. As i am more committed to my weight loss goal than getting a hormone regulation, which feels kinda sad, but for someone who was 15st for years, I just want to get to that weight and have it off...so scared of putting the weight back on doing what the doctor has suggested xxx

Morning Pixie, now that is one hell of a decision love, strange thing for the Dr to say though? I can't think of any advice I'm sorry to say. I hope others can help you

Morning Pixie... I'm sure others on here will have good advice for you... Sounds really rubbish though and not sure the doc is accurate :)

i know, the advice from the doctor is what puzzled me the most. he explained how hormones work and that seemed to make sense, but to suggest that i reduce my meal size even further is just weird as i am eating barely anything, and if that is the case, i might as well just do LL and get it done, then come back to atkins to maintain as thats what it seems to be doing...if that makes any sense. What is annoying me the most, is my flatmate and friends are so anti-LL and saying i shouldnt do it as its so unhealthy etc etc and not really understanding how much losing weight means to me and its hard to do it when you have no support. i know its not the healthiest diet, but i know it worked last time and i guess it would be nice to see some results for hte hard work i am putting in at the minute xxx

Morning Pixie, so have you decided what to do then love?

Hi jim, yeah I am going to start back on lighterlife for 12 weeks. Booked in for the 5th jan returners class. Currently sticking to low carb over the next three weeks so it's not such a diet shock. I know it's not ideal but if it's the only thing that will work, then 12 weeks out of my life is no big deal. Just got to knuckle down and crack on with it! Will keep my diary on here though :) x

Morning Pixie... I'm sure it will work on LL... But I am completely puzzled - although having said that I had to drop cals down to lose a bit this morning as I've been stuck... I guess the bodies re-adjust to cope with lower cals and perhaps they learn to function on less ... Hope it goes well for you :)

Sounds good to me love, let's hope it works for you.

Morning! I have my fingers crossed, but alpaca you are essentially right in that my body has adapted to living on so few calories it's not working through conventional eating. Am just excited to get the weight off through whatever means necessary and it is just that a means to an end and once the weight is off i know low carb is the one for me to maintain my weight. Just want to get started, back on track and get the thin feeling back ASAP. Will keep my diary updated though!

How is everyone else doing? Xx

Just a thought ... Clairecat did a phase of fooling her metabolism by changing her diet every couple of days... Perhaps have a word with her - it did seem to work :)

Mornin g Pixie, yes I agree with Di, speak to Claire

Hi Pixie, hope you've had a good day
Xx

Hey guys, will do! I'm pretty much on the mindset of going back to lighterlife. Had my head in the zone for a few days an going to get foodpacks tonight. I think
When you spend 7 months trying and it's not working you reach a point where you just have to go with what you know works
For you! It's just a means to an end...we will all end up with our ideal weight, just need to figure out what is best for each of our bodies I guess? How is the christmas preparations coming on for everyone? I've had parties all week! So fun but no more food lol!! Xxx

Hi Pixie, good luck!
Xx

Morning Pixie, yes, good luck love

Thanks guys! Much appreciated xx

Back