Pizza base ??

nikki1306

Hi
I like to make pizza,but haven't since being on slimming world and i'm not sure how to syn the base? The cheese will be HEA and the rest is free. This is what i use to make the base,can anyone help me syn it please.

11oz bread flour
1 tsp yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp sugar
knob of light margarine
210 ml water.

Thanks for your help.

you could always make the Smash base pizza for a syn free version (search on recipe bit). Or I make it using 2 slices of wholemeal bread (2 x HEB) with puree as topping (low syns) and loads of veg and then cheese as HEA

x

Hi
I like to make pizza,but haven't since being on slimming world and i'm not sure how to syn the base? The cheese will be HEA and the rest is free. This is what i use to make the base,can anyone help me syn it please.

11oz bread flour
1 tsp yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp sugar
knob of light margarine
210 ml water.

Thanks for your help.

Hi
The problem you have is the flour. It works out at 5 syns per 28g (per oz), compared to that, the syns in the yeast and sugar (1?) and marg (2 or 3) are negligible!

Your 11 oz comes to 55 syns, so you would guestimate the total pizza at 55-60 syns.

Osserio has posted a link for my pizza recipe - the main difference between my base and yours is the quantity of flour used, my recipe used 50g per person (the dough then stretched a lot!). Obviously I do not know how many your recipe will serve, if it makes enough for 5 or 6 people, then there is no difference.

Hope that helps

Pizza base mixes have been recommended in my group if you don't want to go along the Smash route. I don't know which is the lowest syn on, or how much this makes, but maybe an alternative?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Asda Pizza Base Mix, Traditional, 290g pack, made up as directed, dried 100g made up[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 14½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 14½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Thanks for you help girls. It's really not worth doing with all those syns:eek:. I reckon i will have a go with smash. Thanks xx

I just had a look at the syns for a Napolina pizza base on the slimming world website. I had a box in the cupboard since before starting this plan. I was quite impressed to see that it was only 22 syns for the whole base. If I was making this I would more than likely give over 1/2 to my OH and have the rest myself making it under 11 syns. I know this may sound a lot to some people but I really miss my pizza fixes and this may be an option to overcome it once a month or something. (As long as all the toppings are free of course!!)
And of course I dont have to stand and actually make the base myself which is always a bonus! :)

Just so you all know - I found a pack of two Tesco pizza base mixes in the back of the cupboard this week (I have gone on strike & refused to shop for any cupboard food until we have eaten some of the hoards we already have), anyway, I thought they would have to be chucked because the syn value would be so high but I synned them up & they work out at 10 syns per base on any plan, they apparently make an 8" base each.

Back