Pizza Express Diavolo

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Discover Plan Points' started by lemma1968, 20 May 2010 Social URL.

1. lemma1968

lemma1968 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(14.5%)
    Diet:
    WW Online -propoints
    I was going to have a leggera pizza for dinner tonight but they dont do it takeaway. So I checked on my ww online and the diavolo pizza was said to be only 7.5pts.

Now I have had that and it was very nice thank you - but with the meat on it etc my gut instinct (please excuse the pun) is that the points must be higher than quoted on the ww online site.

Would someone with an eating out guide please just check it out for me. If I have blown my points cos its a mistake then I can amend my points for the rest of the week - today is day 1 of my second week you see.

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thatll be right, if you have a look at the Pizza Express website theyre advertising the fact theyre working with WW.

4. lemma1968

lemma1968 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(14.5%)
    Diet:
    WW Online -propoints
    I have just read somewhere that the calories in it are about 828 :eek: Now that just can't be 7.5pts. I think i feel sick! That could actually make it one of the worst.

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Oohhhh you didnt have the WWery one... sorry misread that... but Im glad I had a look.. thats fab theyre doing low fat pizzas :) Its 7.5 in the EO guide too :)

6. lemma1968

lemma1968 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(14.5%)
    Diet:
    WW Online -propoints
    So it is 7.5pts? :eek:

Well I suppose the truth will tell on the scales next week.

Thanks x

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Im totally confused now.... Pizza Hut say their points calculation is per slice of pizza but Pizze Express doesnt but youre right on the PE website it says 828 cals... so Im wondering if the 7.5 is half a pizza???

The WW friendly one is 7.5 but it has a salad in the middle of it... Id double check the online calculator and see if it mentions portion size

8. lemma1968

lemma1968 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(14.5%)
    Diet:
    WW Online -propoints
    It says "1 Individual classic Diavolo Pizza".

I have emailed them for clarification.

I am just going to have to reduce my daily points allowance this week to make up for it. I am disappointed though. :break_diet: I would have not bothered had i realised. Its a shame you cannot rely on their info.

Heed the warning.

Thanks for your help Starlight x

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I just looked again on the PE site... 828 cals and 11 fat so thats say 5.5sat fat which makes the points
    value 14 :( Which is kind of on a par with the rest of the pizzas... shocking it has 7.5 though

Looks like its a misprint... just found it in the EO guide from 2 years ago and its 17.5 points :(

10. lemma1968

lemma1968 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(14.5%)
    Diet:
    WW Online -propoints
    Oh dear God! So with my light mayo at 2 pts i have nearly had my whole days allowance in one meal. :sigh:

Its been my first departure off plan in the 8 days i have been doing it. And I had planned it so I was on plan. Clearly i was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off the mark. :break_diet:

Well, tomorrow is another day and i shall have to cut right back.

Thanks again x

11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I think thats shocking though, there are probably loads of folk getting caught out like this... can you imagine going there even once a month - 10 points over what you think... WW should be ashamed of themselves... its 17.5 in the guide from 2 years ago and drops to 7.5 last year and this year (yes I DO have that many books lol)

Do let us know what they say when you contact them...

12. lemma1968

lemma1968 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(14.5%)
    Diet:
    WW Online -propoints
    It may be one of their tricks to ensure you lose your weight more slowly so have to stay with them longer! Hm, there's a thought.:mad:

13. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  14. blackwidow

blackwidow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW
    just replied to this on the other thread - diavolo is one of the worst options as if its the meaty one i'm thinking of, it has spicy beef on it which is processed and absolutely dripping in fat.

you wont find any pizzas other than the leggeras under 10 points because the dough will rack up massive amounts of calories before you even consider your topping x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.