Pizza Express low carb

louisew

Well I booked Pizza Express for a family meal, to celebrate my daughters amazing GCSE results, and I was a bit worried what I was going to eat without being a party pooper. I knew they did 'Leggera Pizzas' but really wanted to keep off the carbs, as I'm doing so well the week after my holiday. They have a Leggera Salad which is suitable for the 5:2 diet. Ingredients are 'Baby spinach and seasonal mixed leaves, roasted butternut squash, beetroot, light baby mozzarella, avocado, pine kernels, cucumber, lentils and fresh basil finished with balsamic syrup' (300 calories) I added chicken (another 40 calories) and had sparkling water, which I love. It really was extremely delicious, full of stuff that I love, and although I love the Pizza Express Pizzas (favourite is the Florentine), I was quite happy eating this, and the plate was enormous. So maybe a good option for a family meal, if you can keep away from the pizzas!

Glad you've posted this! We like going to pizza express for a treat some times and didn't think I could go again cuz of the carbs! The ceaser salad looked yummy but it came with 4 breadsticks on the side and I wouldn't be able to resist eating them if I ordered it!! That sounds yum though!! x

I read a blog about the low carb options and they suggested just not having the bread products with the normal salads. This salad was way tastier than a caesar, and because it was so big, it took me as long to eat it as the others eating Pizza.

Oh that looks fab Louise - nice one!

Back