Pizza mmmmmmmmm

Kim&Leah

Silver Member
I just made an oopsie pepperoni pizza. Was lovely.
But I used tomato puree and I was wondering if there was any other way to make pizza sauce or buy it from the shops that are atkins, preferably induction friendly????

Sounds lovely Kim, I've never made it myself so I'm no help there. :) I'd think there would be an LC version around though.

Gia sundried tomato paste has less than 0.5g per 100g. Tastes nice too.
I'm going to try the cauliflower crisp pizza base tonight. Got some lovely salami & prawns to put on it. Hope it turns out ok :)

What's the cauliflower crisp pizza??

Hahaha, I know where going to ask that! It's on Ditz' diary thread, but I can't remember where!! I've just asked if she can post the link again. I wrote it down, I just hope it's right. It was from an American site.

Linzi is looking for it on the recipe thread :)

That's the bugger!!! Thanks Vicky.

I've just been looking on the recipe thread. There's some cracking things on there. All I seem to cook is LC versions of stuff I used to do. I must get more exciting! :D

You'll have to try it and see Kim, if you stall then it's a no no, if not then fine.

The Avidlite site do a low carb pizza kit that includes the base and sauce and works out at 3g net carbs per slice.

Mind you that's 24g per pizza (8 slices) so maybe it's not so good after all..... (although it makes a 12" pizza which is pretty large)

oooohhhhhhhhhhh............looks scrummy! Will definitely have to try oopsie rolls and MiM when I finish my 8 night stretch, which will also be the end of 2 week induction!! I think I have a recipe somewhere for low carb tomato ketchup, so I suppose we could use that on the base????

The cauliflower base was great. I did squeeze it forever! I riced it & put it in some j-cloth & just kept squeezing. Sorry I didn't take a photo. We just eat it :D

Back