Planned 'Blips' on CD...

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
Annoying aren't they? :sigh: Mentally preparing ourselves for the meal out or social event that is very hard to avoid.

Luckily, I am ok until the end of March...I managed to presuade HB that on Valentines day, instead of his usual lovely gesture treat of a meal out, we can visit the cinema instead (I will be armed with a bar of course! ;))

But when March approaches I have 2 things that I can not avoid. The first being Mother's Day, I am taking my Mum to the Theatre (which is fine, again I will be armed with a CD bar or tetra) but on the Sunday a table for 2 at a restaurant. :sigh: Now I am very good at choosing ss+ meals or staying in the range of an extra 200 cals so it isn't a problem, just an inconvenience really...

The following weekend me and HB will be at his Gran's sister's (Large and close family) Golden Wedding Celebrations - where a hotel has been booked and a 3 course meal. Now I will most definately be avoiding the dessert (for anyone who asks, I'm on a diet and would rather avoid dessert! Usually shuts them up lol ;)) I have no idea what is on the menu for that evening, so I am a little apprehensive. I am tempted to call the hotel and ask for a copy of the menu to be sent to me so that I can 'look' and mentally prepare myself for having on the night.

By the end of march I'm hoping to have lost 2 stone by then (achievable if I stick with 100% ss until then - which is possible) So I will only be around 1.5 to 2 stone off my goal weight :D

Ideally I did want to continue right through on ss until I get to goal, but social events crop up, and I can only avoid so many before people start thinking me and HB are having 'problems' LMAO !!!

This is the only thing with CD, the way it does make you want to unattach yourself to social events in order to avoid weight gains. :rolleyes: Nevertheless, what I can look forward to is the new dress (not bought yet) that I shall be wearing to the event! Size 14!! :D:D:D I just hope that after the meal I won't be bulging out of it, not a pretty sight!

Hugs x x x

Thing is, we automatically assume that we'll put on lbs after we have a day off. Truth is, we probably only put on fluid for our bodies to break down the extra food lol.

I hope you have a lovely time at both events. Ordering the menu might sound obsessive to some, but very smart thing to do, rather than getting caught in a sticky moment and binging!

Wow for a size 14 hun, I bet you'll look stunning. And no you wont bulge outta it!!!
Get some of those Magic Pants, JML make some and they're sold in boots. They'll hold it all in if you're scared the food will bloat you.

I'm pretty safe now till something pops up. My hubby's birthday is on the 19th, he wants a takeaway, doesn't mean I have to have one! Other than that, I'm gravy.

Valentines has been booked for a while by my lovely OH. Unforunately it does mean i plan to blip and have my fave meal there. However i will be having my choc shake when i get back in as either a mousse or hot choc to avoid having pudding :D

Im back on this for the long haul so watch this space! Skinny minny me is on her way out of this fat body!

Emma if i was you i'd be taking a look at the menu, just to prepare you for what you can have so your not staring at the menu for ages and ordering something that you shouldnt really have.

I do also have a friends birthday on the 11th of this month so im hoping i can just go over to hers; after having a shake and avoid the cakes and alcohol that will be on offer.

She doesnt know about ym diet but im more than prepared to tell her if it rescues me from the temptaions :p

There is also a family get together at the end of this month and its always a meal, im kinf od hoping it goes a bit pear shaped really and doesnt happen. My mother has MS so her attention span is limited and also she cant walk far so events are hard to organise to suit her. Hence the meal is always a fave.

Ill fight the occassion when it happens :)

I say don't stress and enjoy the days out! Life's too short :)

I have 2 planned breaks in the diet. One at the end of this month when my dad and brother come to visit me. We're going to a six nations match, yay! My dad would murder me if he knew I was still on the diet so it's a total break for a day and a half. Then in early March my mam and aunt are coming to visit so that's a partial break in the diet.

I'll also be going to Alton Towers and hopefully Edinburgh in the next month but plan on being a good girl and sticking to the diet then :D

If all goes well I'll be finished the diet by Easter-ish :p Good luck with whatever you choose to do!!

I think if you stick to low carb and don't drink any booze, you shouldn't gain, then straight back on it the day after. If you plan for it, I'm sure you can then plan what you can eat, moxt menu's to restaurants are on line now, print one out and take it your CDC, she'he'll advise you of what choices are the best ones. xx

Hi Emma

Yes Mentally , its all mentally , hope all goes to plan !
Hotels usaly have good choices i'm sure there will be something there . stay strong !

Oh I will be staying strong. I have actually emailed them to ask for the Hotel details so I'm hoping they will get back to me this week so I can contact the Hotel (or go online) and look at their menu. :)

It'll all work out in the end!

Eternal - yes, I will be avoiding carbs at all costs!

Hugs x x x

I cannot enter into SS, unless I accept that it is 100% until I reach goal, and no exceptions. Getting into this frame of mind really helps. On all of my CD journeys (there have been many lol) I have never eaten so much as a morcel whilst on the diet, it wouldn't work for me in the same way that no other diet including food has ever worked for me. It's all or nothing!

That's just me though ;-)

I cannot enter into SS, unless I accept that it is 100% until I reach goal, and no exceptions. Getting into this frame of mind really helps. On all of my CD journeys (there have been many lol) I have never eaten so much as a morcel whilst on the diet, it wouldn't work for me in the same way that no other diet including food has ever worked for me. It's all or nothing!

That's just me though ;-)

I know a few people like this :) Each to there own I suppose, but I do find it difficult to tear myself away from people socially. I think it would depress me. There are many times you can still attend social events and not eat (ie. I am off to a cousins 21st, but will be on sparkling water and avoiding the buffet!) But there are times too when it can't be avoided without looking daft/people asking questions or detaching myself from friends and family.

Saying this, it is difficult to get back to it, but it can be done!

Hugs x x x

But there are times too when it can't be avoided without looking daft/people asking questions or detaching myself from friends and family.

Saying this, it is difficult to get back to it, but it can be done!

And that last bit is the really tricky bit. :) I'm know you're going to be fine Emma, cos I know that you know what it's like to come off the diet and get back on it. :)

To those of you who've never come off CD and assume it'll be easy to jump straight back on the CD wagon after your planned break - well, you might be one of the lucky ones and find it a piece of cake (damn, why did I have to mention cake? :D)

But there are many of us here who know from bitter experience that getting back on the CD wagon is often a lot harder than you might imagine.

Hmm, not sure this is coming out right cos I sound like a right party pooper, LOL. I think all I'm trying to say is that you need to think really carefully (just like Emma is doing :)) if you're planning on coming off the diet for a special occasion. Sometimes, deciding to join in with a celebration meal just isn't worth the pain of trying to get back on track again afterwards.

Sometimes it is. :)

Just bear in mind that there will always be other celebration meals (well, nearly always) and at the end of the day, the celebration isn't actually about the meal - it's about the people at the meal, if you see what I mean.

Emma, well done on being so focussed and planning ahead!

:)Lilly - you are very right hun :)

I guess everyone is different, but I must say that personally if I have a 'day break' that just involves 1 low calorie meal out with friends/family, I find i'm ok starting back the next day.

What I will say though is that on planned holidays (such as me, deciding to have 2 weeks off for Christmas :whoopass:) It took me a long while to get back in the zone.

It really is a personal judgement call...and one to think about and consider for sometime before making rash decisions :)

Thanks for bringing that to light Lilly :hug99:
Hugs x x x

Emma, I think you've done amazing.. and you're looking and planning well ahead instead of just going for it and feeling the consequenses after. 2 weeks off, as I did too last year, really undone things for me, not sure how i'll do in August when I go away for summer hols. xx

Well i have to have a 2day break at the end of month, i am going to butlins for a 80's weekend with a hen party!
I will be drinking so i have to make sure i'm eating too. I did have a break before last yr on LT and i was ok actually getting back into the swing of things. I think once your back in ketosis it gets easier, good luck with whatever you decide to do but as gaelic faery says just make sure you enjoy it too!

I'm having a big blip of at least a month - will prob be eating (sensibly) from July 3rd to 10th August --- will hopefully be 100% ss until then and then again after then until the first week in November (sons wedding) --- that's my plan for the year anyway!

I think i must be the queen of planned blips!!! ive had about 5 since i started cd in may :D

aint done me any harm lol

I am trying to be blip free, otherwise I feel that I will hover at the 11 stones mark for too long, and I really need to make progress into the 10's.
A friend has just agreed to put back a planned 'drinks and nibbles' evening until March - it was meant to be February - so that I can aim for a full month of being good.
Luckily some events can be flexible but I can understand that others like family anniversary meals at hotels just have to be fitted in.

I think I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't mind taking a day off and can get straight back into it the next day no matter what.

I'm definitely missing out on things by doing this diet so I look forward to my blips :)

I think I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't mind taking a day off and can get straight back into it the next day no matter what.

I'm definitely missing out on things by doing this diet so I look forward to my blips :)

I can get back into it the next day, as long as its only a day.. any longer then that I find it hard to get back on the CD wagon..

How are you doing GF on your 1st week with CD? xx

Pretty good Eternal, thanks for asking!! Making the porridge was trial and error but I got it by the second day. Those squishy bars are vile, I'll be sticking with the peanut one in future :)

Back