planned day off

Danell

Its my 2nd anniversary today and due too not being able to anything ive decided im going to cook us both a meal, and get straight back to ss tomorrow, my weigh in is not till sunday so do you think i have a good chance of getting ack into ketosis and losing weight still?

Will depend what you're cooking really. Low carbs would be a good choice. Whatever you're having enjoy it and Happy Anniversary.

Choice Between Chicken And Steak Or Both

hi sara,
happy anniversary!!!
what are u planning on cooking?
if u stick to chicken/white fish with green/white vegetables or salad, u could actually treat this as an AAM day rather than breaking it completely.
Also, if u are in ketosis right now make sure u DONT drink alcohol as this is very dangerous
http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/26311-dangers-alcohol-when-ketosis.html
if u feel u will more than likely end up celebrating by drinking i would strongly urge that u prepare in advance and eat carbs (2 small carb meals , ie: potato, bread, pasta or rice are the most successful) to break the ketones and make drinking alcohol safe again.
U should get back into ketosis fairly quickly as long as u dont overdo it.
whatever u decide, have a wonderful evening together.
cherylxx

Hi Cheryl, i think i will stick to chicken, tbh i really dont fancy anything at all and probably wont eat anything, defo not wkd for me, i want so much to lose this weight so maybe eat a little chicken say im full and get an early night (wink wink).

hopefully get back into ketosis in 3 or 4 days(if i am naughty) so fingers crossed i can still lose a coupe of pounds.

Just remember that it is going to be hard to get back onto SS, you will probably be hungry for a day or two, and it will weaken your resolve. But as long as you are prepared to deal with that (occasionally, and only very occasionally!) I think it's worth it. Happy anniversary and enjoy your dinner x

i have a cheat day on the day i get weighed and so far have lost every week still, as i get straight back on ss, maybe i am odd but i don't feel hungry after and am usually back in ketosis by 3rd day. Just be sensible and you should have a loss. milly x

i am a very very strong diet mode so i think im going to be ok getting back on in the morning, yes i will probably be hungry, but i bet tonight after ive eaten im going to have that complete disgusting sicky feeling all good for getting back to it lol

If you have an Atkins style meal you'll stay in ketosis. You could have Chicken and veg or a lovely steak in a creamy mushroom and peppercorn sauce (yep....allowed on Atkins). Just avoid potatoes/rice/pasta/bread (some veg like carrots/corn) and you'll remain well and truely in ketosis......the only downside is no dessert!! Except I used to have sugar free jelly and cream when on Atkins.

ok so last night i had orange juice, half a steak and 3 chips, tbh thats all i could stomach b4 i felt really bloated and sick, this morning i have no desire to eat again till my aamw so back on ss and fingers crossed i can still have a loss come sunday

Back