Step 1 Sole Source + Planned days off! HELP!

chloe0214

I need to have a planned day off in 2 weeks been doing ss+ for 11 weeks now and 3lbs of 3 stone loss :)
But really worried about this day off its a birthdays party which is going to be 3 course meal, will I be ok to eat what I like for just that day???
So should I keep it to minimum?
I really want to enjoy myself but don't want to gain a lot of lbs
Any advice would be much appreciated

You want gain all the weight from one meal Hun. Just make the best choices that you can. I'm sure you CWPC will be able to steer you in the right direction xxx

That depends on your discipline. If you can get straight back on it the next day I'd say "To hell with it, yes - have a normal meal!" But if you're the kind of person who struggled to get, and stay, on the diet, then stick as closely as you can to the SS+ guidelines. Be honest with yourself about what a day off might do for physically and mentally, and weigh up (no pun intended) your options.

My advice would be don't call it a day off , just cheat a little !

Physiologically if you call it a day off you might not get back on !

On my birthday and my boys etc , we went out or Chinese and had birthday cake and crisps etc I just had mainly veg dishes at Chinese with a spoonful of the bits I love like seaweed and chilli beef , I even had a toffee Banana ! And a tiny slice of birthday cake ! But no rice !

That weigh in 3 days later (and I had terrible time of the month) I stayed the same !

Just back from week in Ireland , I even had a McDonald's sausage n egg mcmuffin one day and made as wise a choice as I could when out for meals (no carbs) and I lost two pounds !

Good luck x

I had a weekend off last weekend and got back on it Monday and Tuesday. I'm off again today and tomorrow and will be back on from Friday. You do still have to have a life xxx

Thanks for the replies, i really want to just have a complete day off and enjoy it, I haven't had any wobbles atall since I started almost 12 weeks ago so I'm positive I will get straight back on it the next day :) my cc has said to just go for healthier options.

That sounds like very good advice. If you've been mentally working up to having this day off then you need to do it. Otherwise you might start to get resentful and find yourself cheating because you feel the diet "owes" you one. Better to do it when planned and get to enjoy the birthday party! Sorry to sound like a stickler but you should probably keep away from alcohol, though.

I definaty won't be drinking ? I'm just thinking to eat what I like but stay away from really high fatty foods, I just really can't imagine gaining so many lbs from one day (well I really hope not anyway) aghhhh I'm so unsure what to do!!!

Just be prepared to not be able to eat as much as you might have used to. I had my first proper non-Cambridge meal in 16 weeks tonight and I'm still so stuffed 4 hours after eating! It's good because I feel like I don't want to eat again (ever!), but I know now that I don't actually like being this full. It feels wrong somehow and greedy. And I made less than I would normally have had, the joys of the Cambridge diet eh!

Just be prepared to not be able to eat as much as you might have used to. I had my first proper non-Cambridge meal in 16 weeks tonight and I'm still so stuffed 4 hours after eating! It's good because I feel like I don't want to eat again (ever!), but I know now that I don't actually like being this full. It feels wrong somehow and greedy. And I made less than I would normally have had, the joys of the Cambridge diet eh!

Well done on completing 16 weeks, are you ss or ss+
Yes I don't think I would manage as much as I used to anyway, I'm on ss+ and that little evening meal fills me up so eating "normal food" god knows what that's going to do to me,
What did you eat? I hope you enjoyed it ?

Back