Planning ahead-Meals!

Snugglepuss

Silver Member
Hey peeps, Do you find you end up eating the same food or do you try and cook things different from one week to the next?
I seem to make the same food, get board and fall off the wagon so i'm really going to try next week and cook different foods.

What are your MAIN meals that you have for your tea??
I follow EE so it should be easy but i get stuck in a rut!!...tut!

Please can you give me inspiration :D

I do extra easy too and I tend to have the same things every week but try to look for new recipes in the magazine or on these forums. I'm trying the diet coke chicken tonight for the first time! But my other main dishes are:

Steak with chips / rice and veg
Chicken stir fry
Roast chicken breast wrapped in bacon with roast veg & rice
Meatballs made with extra lean mince
Spag Bol
Chilli con Carne
Curry (loads of different recipies for that!)
Scotch eggs using cous cous instead of breadcrumbs
SW quiche with loads of salad

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm always on the look out for something new to try as I'm doing EE too. As I can make some things like burgers and pasta that the family will eat I tend not to experiment too much which can make me really fed up. So I've been making lovely low syn and syn free soups for myself that I can portion up and freeze. I need to get into making some other dinners too. My kids are very resistant to anything new unless it is dessert! I made 3.5 syn blueberry muffins and they ate most of them. Must hide them in future.

I'd love to be some help, but I eat virtually the same thing every day..
eggs for breakfast, beans / spag hoops / couscous for dinner and a roast chicken dinner for evening meal with various fruit snacks through the day..
On the weeks that I've varied it, I don't seem to lose as much so I stick to what I know works and will continue to do so until I get a lot closer to target..

Why not vary things by having a different base for each day?

Monday; chicken (curry,casserole,salad, sw kievs, stir fry etc.)
Tuesday; Beef (Stew, chilli, bolognese, meatloaf, meatballs, cottage pie)
Wednesday: Vegetarian (cauliflower curry, falafels, Omelette, rice stuffed peppers)
Thursday; pork, (chops, chinese pork, sweet and sour pork)
Friday, Fish, (sw fish and chips,sweet chilli prawns, fish pie,)
Saturday;
Sunday traditional roast SW way!

I've left saturday blank as everyone should have a day off cooking sooooo make enough during the week that you can freeze a portion or two, (make enough for lunches too), and have a ready meal you've cooked yourself!

I often don't know what I'm going to make but know what the base is. So my bf will ask what's for tea and I'll say 'something with mince' lol!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I try to do something new every week. Someone gifted me a years worth of old sw mags, so I took out all the recipes and put them in a folder. So each week I will make something from there or from the sw recipe books.
Always have the store cupboard stuff in the cupboard to make either spaghetti bol, burgers, fish etc as a backup.

I plan for the week for every meal so that I know what I need to buy when I go shopping. I use old SW magazines and recipe searches on here and try to make at least one new recipe each week. So far I'm really enjoying it and all of my "experiments" have worked well.

Here's a list of main meals I've had over the last few weeks. The colours are because of the days I've done but I'm sure they could all be done as EE with some extra super free.

HTH

· [FONT=&quot]ham (B) & mushroom omelette & 200g oven chips (4) & 2 tbs mayo (1)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]diet coke chicken (chicken, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, diet coke) with pasta[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]smash pizza (ham (2), mushrooms, cheese (A))with salad[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]spaghetti bolognaise with quorn mince & 14g cheese (half A)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]spinach & ricotta (B) pasta[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]bacon rosti (2 rashers = 4), homemade coleslaw (0.5) [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot](B) bacon (2 rashers = 4) & cheese (A)wraps with bbq sauce (1tbs = 1) & 250g McCains Rustic Oven Chips (2.5) peas & h/m coleslaw with 1tbs ELF mayo (0.5)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Fake-away kebabs: extra lean beef mince, wholemeal pitta (B), salad, 100g oven chips (5) h/m coleslaw (1)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]2 fried eggs (1) & SW wedges & beans[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]tuna pasta bake: tuna (B), beans, sweetcorn, ½ pack ready salted crisps (3.5), cheese (A)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]chicken fried rice: chicken (B), mushroom, onions, peas, rice, soy sauce[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]ham (4) & pea tagliatelle & cheese (A)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]spinach & ricotta (B) cannelloni topped with passata sauce & 14g cheese (3) with fresh pasta (40g=1.5)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]quorn chicken pasta & cheese (A)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]fajitas, chicken, 3 wraps (13.5), 3 tbs salsa (1.5), spice (~1), cheese (A), no fat fromage frais, mushrooms, peppers, onions[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]quorn lasagne: white sauce (1/8 jar = 4.75) cheese (B) & fresh pasta (1.5) & 125g oven chips (1.25) h/m coleslaw (1)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]bbq (0.5) chicken & cheese (A) pitta (B) with 250g chips (2.5) & h/m coleslaw (1)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]filo (1.5 sheets = 4.5), spinach & feta (B) tartlets with potatoes, peas & spring onions[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]chicken (B) and pasta sauce[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Sweet & Sour Pork with noodles (7.5) [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]cheesy (A) bean pasta[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]prawn & veg spring rolls (1.5 filo = 4.5) [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Oriental chicken & veg noodles (sauce ~ 4 syns)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]cheesy (A) creamy mushroom pasta[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]bacon (2 slices = 4), egg & bubble & squeak[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]melon, ham & prawn cornets 2 tsp lf mayo (1) rice with spring onions, carrots, mushroom[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]salmon salad; egg, cheese (A), lettuce, cucumber, h/m, coleslaw (1), bread & margarine[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]prawn & asparagus risotto: rice, prawns, asparagus, spring onion, 125ml white wine (4)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]smoked haddock with mushrooms & leeks 56g lf philly (4), and butternut squash mash[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]cod in parsley sauce (1.5) with spring onion mash, carrots & peas[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]salmon fishcakes with 200g rustic oven chips (2) and a large salad[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]rainbow trout fillet stuffed with spinach & ricotta (6) served with cabbage and carrot and swede mash[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

· [FONT=&quot]fajitas, chicken, 3 wraps (13.5), 3 tbs salsa (1.5), spice (~1), cheese (A), no fat fromage frais, mushrooms, peppers, onions[/FONT]

Can I ask you where you got the 4.5 syn wraps from? One thing I miss since starting SW is my chicken fajitas!! :D

Thank you so much for your help those meals really have helped.
I'm going to just try and mix it up a bit so i don't get bored and try and stay on plan as much as i can, I find weekends the hardest as everyother week i go out and drink........Not good.

I'm wondering if having a friday weigh in, instead of a monday would help though part of me thinks it doesn't matter what day i weigh in on (i do it from home).

I am going to plan my meals and print it out and shop for the week now. Thank you again :)

Thank you so much for your help those meals really have helped.
I'm going to just try and mix it up a bit so i don't get bored and try and stay on plan as much as i can, I find weekends the hardest as everyother week i go out and drink........Not good.

I'm wondering if having a friday weigh in, instead of a monday would help though part of me thinks it doesn't matter what day i weigh in on (i do it from home).

I am going to plan my meals and print it out and shop for the week now. Thank you again :)

You're very welcome. In terms of WI day - I'm a Monday weigher and tend to eat more of my syns on a Saturday and Sunday as there are often meals out then. I talked to hubby about switching to Friday WI so that I had more leeway over the weekend and then would know how many syns I had left for the rest of the week. He pointed out that I'd probably let myself go a lot more over the weekend if I didn't have the threat of a Monday WI (and I think he's probably right) so I've kept at Monday.

Thats quite right what you say really, i do try and save about 5 syns a day for the weekend.....damage limitation!! I hadn't thought about it that way.

I know it might not be the best way for everyone but a Monday WI definitely works for me. When I was thinking of changing WI days I was thinking that I could be really naughty over the weekend and then good during the week to make up for it. For me knowing I'm weighing on Monday makes me stay on track much better over the weekend and I think it leads to better losses (for me anyway).

Can I ask you where you got the 4.5 syn wraps from? One thing I miss since starting SW is my chicken fajitas!! :D

Hey lola, if it's any use - the ww ones are 5 syns per wrap xx

Back