Planning to start tomorrow! Some info please!

sammyzip50

Silver Member
HI All,

I have been reading all of your posts the last couple of days and then watched the famous Horizon programme last night so thought I would give it a go.

Can you comment on the following?

Do you eat all of your 500 cals in one meal on the DD and if so, when? I'm thinking of doing 5 X 100 cals snack bags and spread it out during the day.

The typical pattern of DD seem to be on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays otherwise every other day?

They encourage exercise on the UDs but my exercise sessions are fixed and fall on Wednesday and Fridays. Will that be a struggle?

Generally I have been thinking of making sure I have protein based snacks on my DDs and on UDs will use the portion plate.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hey Sammy, good to see you! :D

You can spend your down day calories as you prefer - in fact, your first few down days will probably be spent experimenting with what suits you best. I try to eat as late as possible but drink plenty of tea and water to keep new filled up.

You're also right about DD schedules - if you do alternate days, you are likely toget a bigger loss (as you will be doing more down days per week), but many of us choose to do two up days at the weekend to keep the plan more manageable and sociable.

Advice is not to exercise on a down day.

Enjoy!

P x

HI Pauline,

Thanks for the reply and info. It is nice to see you on here too! What made you do Juddd and stop Dukan? Anyway I think this is going to be tricky with my exercise days. It looks like the DD are my exercise days and the classes are fixed sessions. Any suggestions? Is it possible to have two DD together?

sammyzip50 said:
HI Pauline,

Thanks for the reply and info. It is nice to see you on here too! What made you do Juddd and stop Dukan? Anyway I think this is going to be tricky with my exercise days. It looks like the DD are my exercise days and the classes are fixed sessions. Any suggestions? Is it possible to have two DD together?

I'm going to have Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday as my DDs of that would help u an the exercise?? I have more social occasions involving food/drink on a Friday night and Saturday so makes sense to me that way :) x

I do the same cos Friday and Saturday are my going out nights! I say going out .... Last night I stayed in and watched 4 weddings and a funeral!

juju_doll said:
I do the same cos Friday and Saturday are my going out nights! I say going out .... Last night I stayed in and watched 4 weddings and a funeral!

You go steady, Ju! ;)

P x

sammyzip50 said:
HI Pauline,

Hey Sammy

Sounds like the girls have sorted it, UP days on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Monday with down days on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. That works, doesn't it?

I'm also here because of the now infamous Horizon programme. I watched it just thought wow, wow, wow. The health benefits are off the scale and the weightloss is a fabulous bonus!

Dukan definitely works as a diet, but I found it quite lonely. I'm now interacting with my family much better (picnic today, all eating the same foods) and likewise with friends. It's early days for me yet and I've banished my scales for a month, so I can get properly in the zone without fretting over daily gains, so I really hope I get a good result when I do weigh in.

Thinking of getting a t-shirt printed ... "I bloody LOVE JUDDD!" ;)

P x

juju_doll said:

Same here... Except it was X Factor, CBB and the Great British Bakeoff for me! God we are so rock n roll lol! Xx

Okay ladies I have a regular plan:

M: UP (Zumba)
T: DD
W: UP (TRX)
F: UP (Retro Groove)
S: UP (Yoga)
S: DD

Big question can you vary your combination each week if needed?

This week looks like this so any suggestions?

M: Flexible
T: Flexible
W: Social Work Event
T: Dinner Out
F: Flexible
S: Dinner Out
S: Flexible

Thanks

Okay ladies I have a regular plan:

M: UP (Zumba)
W: UP (TRX)
F: UP (Retro Groove)
S: UP (Yoga)
S: DD

Big question can you vary your combination each week if needed?

This week looks like this so any suggestions?

M: Flexible
T: Flexible
W: Social Work Event
T: Dinner Out
F: Flexible
S: Dinner Out
S: Flexible

Thanks

Hi, the way I understand the JUDD principle is that its as flexible as you want it to be. The only rules seem to be NO 2 consecutive DD's..always eat to your maintenance calories on UD's. Have at least 2 DD in any 7..and up to 4/3 ratio if you feel you can. So you can adjust your UP & DD to suit your social/family life. This was the main atttraction of the plan to me, especially as I'm looking at being on it longterm at least 18 months and probably for life.

That's exactly how I see it, Jilly.

2DDs every week, 1 Medium and 4 Ups. Exercise being built in on the Ups. OH works away during the week so this has to fit in with our lifestyle: weekends = cooking, eating, listening to loud music and generally relaxing together!

I don't care that I am not losing as fast as others, this is my one and only real diet attempt and it is going to be a long haul, probably a forever lifestyle!

It's just as well I am quite enjoying it :)

Youtube has it in 15 minute bits and a whole programme. Google youtube eat fast live longer and you will get all the hits!

Have fun!

I started yesterday with a DD. It was tough but I got through it. So far so good and didn't feel any more hungrier than normal this morning when I woke up. My next Dd is on Friday and will weigh in on Saturday morning. I'm off to zumba soon.

Have a good day!

Back