Plans for Easter

donna88

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

Was wondering about everyone's plans for Easter food wise, we have my boyfriends parents coming up and we've been discussing meals together now. We've never actually cooked for boyfriends parents before as they've never stopped before, so quite excited.

Anyway will be off plan but not completely.

On good Friday I'll be having a green day and cooking everyone quorn spag bol with cheese, boyfriend is making his wholemeal bread so we can have some of this with it.

Saturday will be curry night, with two different curries, chips, rice and sw onion bhaji with some more wholemeal bread if people want it

Sunday we're out for lunch no idea what I'll be eating but the place we're going to is lovely and offers loads on and off plan, in the evening we'll be having a buffet with some crips (not many but there on offer) pasta salad, cous cous and some chicken drumsticks my boyfriend makes which are gorgeous and syn free :)

planning a few extra treat's as it's Easter, I'll be making a cake and we have a chocolate brownie pudding to share, also having fruit and fibre breakfast muffins to have on Sunday morning with bacon, eggs and cheese.

I actually feel really good knowing I have some control over the food and that although I will be having some naughty syns, I still feel in control and its not too bad. (which is a massive change from when my boyfriends parents normally come round as they're rubbish with planning.... very much a oh we'll eat when we fancy it and then it gets left until everyone's so hungry or its so late we just get a pre-made sandwich)

Great thread!

I too will be partly off plan but trying to be good. Me and my boyfriend are going to Manchester (where he's from) for the weekend. I am going to try to be fairly restrained on food because there will be plenty of drinking as we're going to football, a gig and to visit friends.

We are also going for a nice meal together on the Saturday at a restaurant called Albert's Shed which is a gastropub with Italian food and has plenty of healthy choices.

We will also be going for a massive country walk on the Sunday so that should help reduce some damage!

I am just going to enjoy myself but keep control over what I'm eating and not decide to let go completely. Not sure how much Easter chocolate will feature as I am sure boyfriend's mum will leave the house full of treats (his parents are away but we're staying in their house) but might ask my boyfriend if he would get me a nice bit of makeup or something instead of an easter egg.

Great thread!

I too will be partly off plan but trying to be good. Me and my boyfriend are going to Manchester (where he's from) for the weekend. I am going to try to be fairly restrained on food because there will be plenty of drinking as we're going to football, a gig and to visit friends.

We are also going for a nice meal together on the Saturday at a restaurant called Albert's Shed which is a gastropub with Italian food and has plenty of healthy choices.

We will also be going for a massive country walk on the Sunday so that should help reduce some damage!

I am just going to enjoy myself but keep control over what I'm eating and not decide to let go completely. Not sure how much Easter chocolate will feature as I am sure boyfriend's mum will leave the house full of treats (his parents are away but we're staying in their house) but might ask my boyfriend if he would get me a nice bit of makeup or something instead of an easter egg.

Good idea on the make-up, my brother has asked what I'd like instead of an egg which I thought was lovely and thoughtful of him :) I've said about possibly a onesie if there's some nice ones in the sales as I've never had one and although I couldn't sleep in one, I think they look nice for relaxing in on an evening. My mum and nanna and his parents will be getting us eggs but I'll pop them straight in my syn box as for some reason I never seem to eat things out of there when I shouldn't, I use them for my syns lol.

I'm going on at least a 10 mile run with my mum on Friday so hoping that will counteract some of the naughties.... might suggest a walk with his parents as well, but we'll have little one and also have lots to fit in.

Good luck and hope you have a lovely weekend. hopefully the weather will be nice for us all

Great ideas ladies!

I dont see myself being too off plan, getting slippers and a new book from dh, my mom will give me a small bunch of flowers. We will prob go for a long walk with the kids, maybe stop into MILs house. If I do go off plan it will be for a slice of MIL cake or a hot cross bun, but other than that, its looking to be very SW friendly!

Great ideas ladies!

I dont see myself being too off plan, getting slippers and a new book from dh, my mom will give me a small bunch of flowers. We will prob go for a long walk with the kids, maybe stop into MILs house. If I do go off plan it will be for a slice of MIL cake or a hot cross bun, but other than that, its looking to be very SW friendly!

Sounds lovely :)

Great ideas ladies!

Sounds fab x x

Back