Plateau

Rela

Wannabe Lean!!!
Well, after making a pact to not weigh myself all week and being really excited, I have weighed this morning to find I am exactly the same, even in ounces! I am gutted :( I know everyone plateau's at some point, but this was only my 4th weigh in and I'm shocked its come so fast. I remember my Dad having a period of about a month where he lost nothing, but he powered through, only to lose something ridiculous like 7lbs in the week after.
I dunno, had a bad day yesterday and this has made me feel very glum indeed :(

Please don't be despondent, have you been exercising? Muscle weighs heavier than fat. Just think, this is your opportunity to do what your dad did. If I were you I would get a tape measure today and rely on that for the next month. The scales lie like a Chinese watch :)

it's PISS Rela, everyone gets it love, don't be depressed, just stick to it and you'll be fine.

Hold tight, hunni..... You will sail through it... Wishin you a WHOOSIE asap.....

Woofy X

Keep that chin up Rela! You have been a great support to me these last 2 weeks so don't blow it now!

xx

Thanks folks, it just really bummed me out this morning after all the pain yesterday! I'll keep trucking on :)

If you think about it rationally anyway, to have lost almost 12lbs in 3 weeks is a huge amount of weight anyway so I should be thanking my lucky stars and expecting a slow week! I know people wh have to diet for 3 months just to get that loss, and I know its Induction loss so not really 'proper' just yet, but even so I should stop being such a baby :)

Hun you are not being a baby!

I think most of the time we lose track of the rate we lose weight at.
As you know the recommended weekly loss is 'only' 2lbs so it would have taken double the time for you to have lost that.
You will probably lose a stone in 5 weeks of Atkins! How fab is that!

xx

Thanks Jools :hug99:

I usually weigh on a friday morning BUT, I have been very brave and given my scales to my friend who I see on a friday night and saturday daytime. So, she has taken my scales and will bring them back friday, and then when I see her on a saturday she will take them back again, so I'll be a saturday morning weigh-in from now on.
It was a drastic step but much needed I think. I've also bought a tape measure so I can go by inch-loss rather than numbers on the scales :)

Hi Rela, I think the tape is a good idea and probably a better indicator really.

I think so, I mean I know I am aiming for a target weight and thats where I want to be, I'm also determined to get into my ripped jeans by summer :D

LOL, its only because there is a rip on back of right thigh and I need to not have fat or cellulite poking out :D

Last edited:
Back