Plateaus?

alexmummy07

Silver Member
Hi All

Just after a little bit of advice really - I've come down from 17 stone to 13 stone 1/4lb (last week W.I) after being moved up to the 810 plan as my losses have really slowed down the last few weeks CDC thought my body needed a boost of food to help start the metabolism again. Anyway, I stood on my scales this morning and they still don't seem to be moving, I just wondered is this a long plateau phase I'm at because it's the lowest weight I've been for a few years? I'm sticking to both plans to the letter SS I did 100% - the water etc included, and now 810 I've weighed everything out, done the water, milk etc, but scales just don't seem to want to move. I don't want to, and I'm not giving up, but just really want to get the scales moving again.

Has anyone else experienced this?
At 5ft3, I still have a lot left to to get to my healthy BMI and then target weight.

Have you measured inches at all to see if you're losing it that way?

Wow....... just wanted to say you have done extremely well .. Well done you! I cant answer about 810 etc as Im not there yet.. but just wanted to say well done you are doing so well ! X

Hi - My CDC measures my waist each week - and it's come down about 1/2 inch in the last 2 weeks. I have measured anywhere else from the start (nor has she) so I guess that's possible, just a little frustrating, when I still have 3 stone to BMI and about 3stone 4 to my goal, and I'm trying so hard (like we all are) and paying every week aswell, when I know we're all suffering from Credit Crunch, just want the lbs to keep going down. I'm still a 16 in bottoms, can't fit into anything smaller still, so don't think it's coming off in inches there. x

I have hit a couple of plateaus... It's infuriating!! For me personally, 2lbs a week every week while living on powdered food isn't really enough for me. I said this in another thread, I think I would like to lose another 2 stone to get to 13.7 on CD then move to weight watchers to lose the final stone or so. Blasphemy to say here but CD SS is a very hardcore diet to do while only losing 2 lbs a week. It's all very personal to the individual, but if you stay on the diet it will come off but it can be very frustrating!

Have you measured your body fat % as that can be a better way to measure than bmi.

How long have the scales been 'stuck'?

Your April losses seem pretty much on target for 810 :cool:

My first April Loss was over 2 weeks from 23rd March- 6th April which was was 5 lbs (i was away so didn't weigh in the 30th March and I had 810 week whilst away)
13th April was 3 1/4lbs
20th April was 2 1/4lbs
27th April was 1 3/4lbs

and from the scales this morning they are looking to be heading for either STS or a possible 1/2lb drop this week x

Umm. That must be really frustrating for you. You've got to be still losing fat, because you can't be getting your energy out of thin air and your metabolism wont have slowed down enough for it not to work.

Have you thought about dropping back to SS again?

Not doing too much exercise or anything?

I'd happily go back to SS, went to 810 for the week on CDC's advice as she thought metabolism needed the boost of food...but I am guessing that this wasn't the case...or that it will take another week to show? Is that a possibility?
Have been doing lots of gardening as fiance and I are totally changing that around, but I don't think too much or anything - nothing more than usual, and definately not a gym bod or anything - I've got a 16 month old little boy, and he's only just recovered from Gastroenteritis and has damaged intestines so is now lactose intolerant also, but long-story short, it's been a long road to finding that out, so have been running around after him, but nothing more different than usual, which is why I wish the scales would move. All my usual triggers, busy/stress etc I haven't touched or cheated but it seems my body thinks I have. x

I'd happily go back to SS, went to 810 for the week on CDC's advice as she thought metabolism needed the boost of food...but I am guessing that this wasn't the case...or that it will take another week to show? Is that a possibility?

It's possible. You've got to be losing fat, so the only explanation is that you are holding water. When the fat leaves the fat cells, it can fill up with water and so people appear not to lose weight. Then there comes a whoosh at some point. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

810 should still work, and it often helps to go up to that when weight loss slows. So either do that for another week and see what happens, or drop it again, as the metabolism would have been boosted regardless of what the scales say.

Hang in there. It must be frustrating for you, but it'll come.

did you have any plateaus when you lost kd? Did you follow ss the whole way? Sorry if it seems an impertinant question, I'm a nosy bugger!

did you have any plateaus when you lost kd? Did you follow ss the whole way? Sorry if it seems an impertinant question, I'm a nosy bugger!

LOL. Not impertinent at all. It was super quick at the beginning with 3 stone in 2 months. Then it slowed to about a stone a month until the last 3 months. Then it about 10-12lbs a month.

I did SS (3 meals a day) except for the AAM which was the 790 plan (I think it was 790..we just called it AAM). That was every 5th week, as we had to do. There was no SS+ or 810 then.

The last few weeks seemed super slow, but it didn't bother me too much as it was coming off and I knew another diet wouldn't have given me losses to match so close to goal, so was pleased to have something.

It felt super slow mainly because I was eager to get up those steps and into maintenance. More impatience with having shakes, rather than the weight loss, as I didn't really have a goal weight in mind

I knew I wanted to get roughly to the top end of a healthy BMI if I could, but mainly focused on seeing how long I could hold out for rather than having to get to the number on the scales :)

I know that I wouldn't have got close to goal with any other way. Losses might have been good at the beginning of the diet when I was closer to 19 stone, but they would have been so slow after I had lost a lot of weight, I wouldn't have had the patience. I also wanted to do the plans as I felt it would be the only way to wean me off dieting which was my dream.

So that was my experience :)

Just an update to this - my W.I. was a little better than expected (although not lots) I lost 1 3/4lbs on 810 this week, and although scales haven't moved as much as I'd like, I'm still going strong. Also without being TMI, TOTM started today...so this may be a possibility in the scales holding back??

CDC has reccomended one more week of 810 to see if the scales budge next week (whether they will or not due to TOTM being this week, we will see) and then probably dropping back down to SS, and probably alternating a bit more regularly than every 4 weeks to keep my metabolism up (this is the plan at the moment anyway)

If anyone does have any advice or has any experience of losses slowing right down I'd only be too happy to hear them!

My family are very supporting and say 1 3/4lbs is great, but I'm sure as everyone knows spending £40 a week on CD products and only consuming under 500 cals on SS or 810 cals a day 1 3/4lbs doesn't feel 'enough'. If I were on WW or SW or any of those diets were calories were much higher then yes it would, but for the restrictions and how much more I have left to lose it doesn't feel it just yet.

Sorry to ramble on.
xx

Alex, just to say I did 810 for about 3 months and had several plateaus, weeks where I stayed the same or lost a tiny amount like half a pound. After one or two weeks these would be followed with a whoosh and I'd lose 5lbs maybe. So the plateau system seemed normal for me on 810, I just had to remind myself to stay focused. Same seems to be the case on 1000... a fortnight of sts and now this morning AT LAST the scales are moving again.
In your shoes I would maybe do another week of 810 for the food-boost to your body, & then switch back to SS until BMI 25. Hope this helps.

xxx

Back