Playtex Moonwalk 2008

Maz35

Hi
If anyone is interested in doing this next year you can download an application form from the walk the walk website.

Breast Cancer Charity - Walk the Walk - Playtex Moonwalk 2008 - MoonWalk Edinburgh - SunWalk Bristol - Power Walking

I did it last year and it was the most amazing thing i have ever done, there were 15,000 people walking all in aid of breast cancer. You walk 26.2 miles through the night all around London. (shame the shops are shut!) Places go really quick so if you are interested download the application form and mail it off with the fee. Its £42.50 this year and you have to agree to raise £100.00. Its great if there are a few of you, i did it with 4 friends and it was great fun. I think the fee covers the t shirt, hat etc.
Maz

P.S forgot to say men can do the walk this year. The idea is you walk in a decorated bra but i wasn't brave enough this year so hopefully I'll feel confident enough next year! Its May 17th and starts at Playtex City in Hyde Park around 10pm.

my thread is moving to the bottom of the page :( I'm just helping it back up :) don't want anyone to miss the oppurtunity to walk 26.2 miles in their bras! :) we could have a big minimins group!! :)

Maz that sounds a fab idea, wish I was nearer London ( just bumping this up again)
Hope its a warm night if you gotta do it in your bra.

:eek:

I'm in Poole, Dorset. This year we hired a minibus and parked at Richmond and got the train into Hyde Park. It was a fab night, i can't recommend it enough especially as its for such a good cause.

I also took part in the walk last year, but only the half marathon - that was enough for us! I was shattered and could barely walk for days!

We stripped down to our beautifully decorated bras (I was the largest of our group - I'll try to dig out the piccies, although not sure how to post them) and strutted our stuff in style.

It was a brilliant night and quite moving to see all those people doing the walk for the same cause.

I'd love to do it again, and I'll stick to the 13 miles, as I'm sure I wouldn't have raised any more money for walking a greater distance, and probably wouldn't have been able to walk for a week afterwards!!

We live in Kent, so when we finished we just wandered down to Victoria and caught the first train home - and slept all the way, drooling and snoring - not a pretty sight!

I also took part in the walk last year, but only the half marathon - that was enough for us! I was shattered and could barely walk for days!

We stripped down to our beautifully decorated bras (I was the largest of our group - I'll try to dig out the piccies, although not sure how to post them) and strutted our stuff in style.

It was a brilliant night and quite moving to see all those people doing the walk for the same cause.

I'd love to do it again, and I'll stick to the 13 miles, as I'm sure I wouldn't have raised any more money for walking a greater distance, and probably wouldn't have been able to walk for a week afterwards!!

We live in Kent, so when we finished we just wandered down to Victoria and caught the first train home - and slept all the way, drooling and snoring - not a pretty sight!

LOL! we crawled back on the minibus and slept all the way to the services where we stopped and had a well deserved breakfast! I would post some pics but i don't know how to. It was very emotional and i cried when i crossed the line. Would love to see your pics :)

OK, I've tried and tried and TRIED to upload a photo - I really don't know what I'm doing wrong (apart from not knowing what I am doing at all)

The best I can do is post a link to the album I've posted it in, and hope that works

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/6820340

This, unfortunately, is not me, but my lovely slender friend! Basically we all had the same bras, although mine was MUCH larger, with more rolls of flesh protruding out from under the hanging decorations (made from a door 'fly' curtain). We jangled when we walked! We topped the outfits off with bunny girl bow ties, ears and fluffy tails stuck to our bums. Brilliant fun amking them.

I'll try to find our group photo and make an attempt to post that.

Thanks for the reminder Maz - you've spurred me on to call my girlfriends and persuade them to sign up for next year's walk.

Hi hon...thanks for that link, wanted to sign uo last yr but it was all full, so I have just text my sister and downloaded the entry form!

lets hope we get in!!

lets keep this bumped up.....as its a great cause!
thanks again Lou XX

Just a bump bumping along,

I walked the race for life this year,but am hoping to run it next year...All for good causes:D

I always wanted to do the moonwalk, but I live in Cornwall! If anyone can come up with a suggestion of meeting up so I can be part of a group or something, then I will gladly come along and do it! I could travel up by train during the day, walk through the night, then catch the train back the next morning lol

Well, i think this looks like a fab idea.
Would be good to get a minimins group going xxx

OK, I've tried and tried and TRIED to upload a photo - I really don't know what I'm doing wrong (apart from not knowing what I am doing at all)

The best I can do is post a link to the album I've posted it in, and hope that works

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/6820340

This, unfortunately, is not me, but my lovely slender friend! Basically we all had the same bras, although mine was MUCH larger, with more rolls of flesh protruding out from under the hanging decorations (made from a door 'fly' curtain). We jangled when we walked! We topped the outfits off with bunny girl bow ties, ears and fluffy tails stuck to our bums. Brilliant fun amking them.

I'll try to find our group photo and make an attempt to post that.

Thanks for the reminder Maz - you've spurred me on to call my girlfriends and persuade them to sign up for next year's walk.

That bra is amazing!! We just wore hula necklaces and floral headbands but i still can't upload a picture! I'll try again this evening :)

I did the weekend to Breakthrough Breast Cancer, was 60K !, took two days and I was so tired, my husband met me just as I crossed the finish line, it was so emotional. Done the wrong thing though, sat down as soon as I had finished, god I couldnt move, I literally couldnt walk, soooo much pain !! Would fancy doing the Moon Walk if anyone else up for it.

Hi everyone,

Well done to everyone who is taking part in this as it is a great cause. My Mum had breast cancer a few years ago. She had to have two operations because it came back after the first one. The second op was a masectomy. She has been given the all clear at every check up since. My Mum is my hero and one of the best, bravest people I know. The support my Mum and our family received during the hard times was fantastic. I want to be able to give something back. I have already abseiled off Murrayfeild rugby stadium in support of breast cancer!

I plan to walk the moonwalk in Edinburgh next year. I am trying to get a few people together to go with me. I would be delighted if anyone on here was up for it. It really is an amazing cause.

Lucy xxx

That's great, the more people that do it the more money we'll raise. Online and download applications are now full for the London 2008 event but there's still the sports shops where you can get an application form, that's how i got a space this year. its really fair and everyone seems to have a chance to get a space, check the walkthewalk website for more info. x

bumping this up did anyone do it ?? I plan to do it next yr with friends who did it this yr( only the half one )

Hope it went well!! I have a colleague who did the half moon this year, so will have a chat to her later at work about it all!!

I am not brave enough to do this one, I am starting small with walking the Race For Life in two weeks time. really admire all of you who can and do do this great things for charity!

Well done all!!

Back