Pleae help think i've failed already

sammyj

Hi i feel sick as a dog, i'm in my first week getting weighed thursday and have just nibbled the left over crust on my daughters pepporoni pizza, will this kick me out of ketosis?:cry:

Start weight 13st 6

i am not sure but i'm sure someone can tell you the official line on that but whatever you do, don't think 'oh well that's it then' and eat something else!! stick with it and if no-one else comes up with an answer I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

it depends how much of it you ate really, some people are very sensitive to carbs and even the smallest amount could kick them out, but others can eat a fair bit and not be kicked out, i ate a few carbs while on cd and never got kicked out. if you have any ketostix do a test in the morning, and if you have been kicked out don't fret too much just get back on track to being 100% don't worry hunni everyone makes mistakes xx

Oh hun, everyone is different on their tolerance and being kicked out of Ketosis, so you could be ok. However, don't worry if it does affect you. Just get back on it. You will be ok x

Drink as much water as you can, then forget about it and stop worrying.

Popping out of ketosis briefly is not the end of the world - what makes the difference is what you do while you are out.

If you have popped out of ketosis you may feel hungry tomorrow - possibly ravenously hungry with cravings and headaches similar to what you had when you first started CD. If you give into these cravings and eat more carbs then you have a problem.

All you need to do to stay on track is to wake up resolute tomorrow - stay on your plan whatever it is, with a little extra water for good measure, and ignore the cravings until they go away.

If you can do that then your weight loss should not be affected & you'll be back in ketosis in no time.

This is personal (successful) experience from the girl who ate a large hot dog at Thorpe Park in Week 2, but still lost weight.

I was told if you do cheat, and its less than 350 calories then you will not be off your ketosis, because it takes your body, 350 calories to make one lb of fat, but i am skeptical to this i am sure in 10 years i have eaten more LOL!

hey, it actually takes 3,500 calories to put on a lb of fat, not 350 lol

Drink as much water as you can, then forget about it and stop worrying.

Popping out of ketosis briefly is not the end of the world - what makes the difference is what you do while you are out.

If you have popped out of ketosis you may feel hungry tomorrow - possibly ravenously hungry with cravings and headaches similar to what you had when you first started CD. If you give into these cravings and eat more carbs then you have a problem.

All you need to do to stay on track is to wake up resolute tomorrow - stay on your plan whatever it is, with a little extra water for good measure, and ignore the cravings until they go away.

If you can do that then your weight loss should not be affected & you'll be back in ketosis in no time.

This is personal (successful) experience from the girl who ate a large hot dog at Thorpe Park in Week 2, but still lost weight.

Couldnt have put it better myself. Coming out of ketosis briefly does not neccessarily equal no weight loss/weight gain. In fact if you've otherwise stuck to it this week then in all likelyhood you'll have lost weight. As Corioboria rightly pointed out its the cravings and hunger which may follow that have the potential to do damage and weaken your resolve. If you can overcome that and get straight back on track you should be just fine :)

You can do this. Nobody is perfect. Just draw a line under it and continue on with your diet as if you never nibbled. Just don't do it again.

Your not nearly as bad as i was in my first week. Now onto my second and trying to put last week behind me. Look forward, you can do it! :D

Back