Please be my life changing forever diet!

xAlisonx

Silver Member
I've been dieting for a while now, since Feb, and find some days easier than others. I decided to write this diary to help me on my future bad days. I'm hoping I can look back at this and see what it's taken to get to where I am, weight wise, so I'll hopefully think twice before coming off the diet.

I'm 39 with 3 kids and 3 cats and a hubby. Working part time to fit in with the kids. I'm waiting to have hernia repair surgery next week and have my pre op this afternoon. My turning point for my weight loss was booking a holiday to Majorca for August and I just basically want to look a lot better for the holiday so that I can do more with the children (going on water slides, playing games in the pool with them without feeling embarrased etc). So far my loss has resulted in me dropping from a 22 into an 18 and I'm desperate to be a 16 or below before I go away.

So far today I've eaten 3 dry wholemeal toast with a slice of thin (23 cal) ham on each one and two coffees. Sometimes I have the same for lunch, sometimes a ham, salad wrap, and sometimes pasta salad made with a small spoon of pesto or two dry wholemeal toast with baked beans on top. Tonight I'm having a prawn and veg stir fry. I've noticed I do seem to have a lot of bread but I think I'd find it hard not to as it fills me up better than some other foods. I'd love to hear how others get around hunger issues without blowing the diet.

Hi Alison... Well I always thought bread filled me but I have tested this & I actually find that protein fills me up a lot more than carb, try that & see if it works. I now have protein for breakfast every morning, bacon & eggs or scrambled egg, occassionally an omlette, I find it really works...

Hiya Lexie, I'll give that a go and try eggs for brekkie, I think I'm stuck in a rut with the amount of bread I'm eating and I'm wondering if my weight loss may improve if I can reduce it a bit. I got on okay thanks Tracy, apart from my blood pressure being through the roof and setting off the alarm on the machine!!!:eek: Luckily the nurses must see that a lot and they just chatted to me whilst they did other stuff and then went back to checking my blood pressure and it had come down. Everything's on track now for my admission next week, still dreading it and it'll be willpower not to just turn around and not go in at the last mo but I just need to get it done now.

Today is going okay, I seem to be slightly hungry all the time but I'm coping with it. I had two eggs and two tomatoes fried in One Cal spray and baked beans for brekkie and a wrap with wafer thin ham, cucumber slices and a small amount of pesto spread inside it for lunch. Going to have spag bol tonight...

Oh and my daughter's off with the voting and busy baking a cake! Going to need iron willpower in a bit....

I seem to be showing a small loss for this week. I just wish it would be 2lb or more as I always feel stronger in myself when the scales show a significant drop

xAlisonx said:
Hiya Lexie, I'll give that a go and try eggs for brekkie, I think I'm stuck in a rut with the amount of bread I'm eating and I'm wondering if my weight loss may improve if I can reduce it a bit. I got on okay thanks Tracy, apart from my blood pressure being through the roof and setting off the alarm on the machine!!!:eek: Luckily the nurses must see that a lot and they just chatted to me whilst they did other stuff and then went back to checking my blood pressure and it had come down. Everything's on track now for my admission next week, still dreading it and it'll be willpower not to just turn around and not go in at the last mo but I just need to get it done now.

Hi, Alison. Glad your assessment went well. I too suffer from "white coat syndrome" high BP - my GP always has to wait and take it again, lol. Though surprisingly, when I went for my op it was fine, and was actually too low when I came round. Go figure! I know what you mean about wanting to leg it at the last minute, I still wanted to chicken out when I was on the trolley being wheeled to theatre, lol. But it was absolutely fine; just try to relax, enjoy drifting off under the anaesthetic, and look forward to tea and biscuits back on the ward afterwards!! xx

Hi, Alison. Glad your assessment went well. I too suffer from "white coat syndrome" high BP - my GP always has to wait and take it again, lol. Though surprisingly, when I went for my op it was fine, and was actually too low when I came round. Go figure! I know what you mean about wanting to leg it at the last minute, I still wanted to chicken out when I was on the trolley being wheeled to theatre, lol. But it was absolutely fine; just try to relax, enjoy drifting off under the anaesthetic, and look forward to tea and biscuits back on the ward afterwards!! xx

Thanks Tracy! A week and it's all finished with, bar the recovery... can't wait to get it over and done with

Had a funny old day today, I've stuck to my diet all week- since saturday last week- and was showing a small loss and then today I hopped on the scales and appear to have put a lb on??? Can't be right as I haven't cheated but it's put a downer on my diet. Hopefully it's just the scales playing up.

I had 3 toast with nothing but a thin slice of ham on for brekkie, a pasta salad and a nana for lunch and I'm having a vegetable dinner with an Iceland breaded chicken breast and gravy for tonight.

I cheated a bit yesterday but I've been extra strict today. I had bitesize shredded wheat and sliced banana for breakfast, no lunch and a stir fry tonight made with just a little soy sauce and some five spice powder and it was yummy. For a change the whole family enjoyed it!

try eating a bowl of cereal for breakfast or eating scrambled egg on toast with 2 turkey rashes and boiled mushrooms for brekkie. i find that fills me up now. u must eat 3 meals a day. missing one doesnt help or even get a better result on the scales. for lunch try a ham salad wrap or chicken or turkey . or tuna or sweetcorn sandwhich . drink water throughout the day. for dinner have something steamed fish or something like that with salad ors omething likethat. i too love my bread but i limit myself to only 3 slices day x

I'll try your suggestions Kayee, I like the idea of the Turkey rashers and scrambled egg too,yummy. I've just had lunch of two halves of cucumber and salmon sandwich on wholemeal bread but I still feel hungry, should I have a little bit more than that or does it seem like a reasonable lunch?

Did okay today, had some chicken skewers for lunch and pasta with a tomato and courgette sauce for dinner and it was yummy. On a good note, my scales are showing a one pound loss which I'm pleased about. I'm fed up of stopping the same for the last couple of weeks so it's nice to be going downwards again, even if it's only a bit.

Shouldn't be jumping on and off the scales in all honesty but I got back on them this morning and my loss is looking better and better so fingers crossed that I show a decent loss on saturday if I'm well enough to get on the scales.

I've now cut back to 2 wholemeal toast for brekkie, I had them dry with a slice of 23 cal ham on each one and had some tomato (fried in one cal spray) on the side, it was lovely although I'm sitting here feeling a bit peckish lol... I think it's a bit of boredom though as I'm having a quiet day and not at work and in the past I'd sometimes grab something mid morning

I know what you mean, I've been looking at u tube videos of my shoulder key hole surgery and I'm not due till aug.. Plenty of time to plan and scare myself!! :)

I know what you mean, I've been looking at u tube videos of my shoulder key hole surgery and I'm not due till aug.. Plenty of time to plan and scare myself!! :)

It's the waiting that's the worst now. I woke up with terrible tummy ache today and I'm sure it was nerves! On a good note, my weight is dropping off again nicely now, I just hope it doesn't slow down when I can't exercise lol. Going to have my 'last' meal and drink around 7, 7.30 tonight and then that's it till afterwards. Technically I can eat and drink till midnight tonight but I'm worried about feeling sick when I come round after so I thought I'd stop a while before the deadline.

xAlisonx said:
It's the waiting that's the worst now. I woke up with terrible tummy ache today and I'm sure it was nerves! On a good note, my weight is dropping off again nicely now, I just hope it doesn't slow down when I can't exercise lol. Going to have my 'last' meal and drink around 7, 7.30 tonight and then that's it till afterwards. Technically I can eat and drink till midnight tonight but I'm worried about feeling sick when I come round after so I thought I'd stop a while before the deadline.

Will be thinking of you & hope all goes well x

Good luck - hope it all goes well xx

xAlisonx said:

All the best! Ask the anaesthetist if you can have an anti-emetic; I did and had no nausea whatsoever. xx

thank you everyone! OH got me a weight watchers pizza for dinner, Just about to tuck in while I watch BGT then off to bed x x

Back