please can i join you all

lizzie0310

hi everyone, im liz and im hoping to start cambridge diet at beg of dec. heres me:

im 33yrs old (but much younger in my mind!), mummy to ailsa (2+1/2) and eilidh (1+1/2) and married to mark for 8 years now.

ive looked for help so many times but the problem is i give up so easily, now im starting to realise that im the only person who can help me.

im weighing in at 21st 9lbs (my last heaviest was 21st 2 1/2lbs but i feel soooo much bigger than i was then)

i really really want another baby but i DO NOT want to be pg at this weight, its so difficult doing day to day things now that if i were to be pg at the same time im sure id be immobile (seriously).

my knees hurt when im walking up the stairs, my legs are covered in so many viens that stick out (im scared they burst) and broken thread viens, from my bum down im SUCH a mess, my arms are so huge they disgust me, and my belly is so big when i sit down it sticks out so much that my 2yr old can stand on it like a bl**dy step!!! on the up side i do like my face (if it wasnt so fat it'd be better!) im so miserable but seem to forget this when food is there, then im just like eat eat eat!

ive tried all the clubs etc and lighter life earlier this year, managed to stick with it for 10 days and lost 7lbs which i was really dissapointed about as ive lost that at WW eating food!

anyway id like to try the cambridge diet this time around so food will be out of the equation again for me. i know what to expect this time and i feeling positive about it.

im going to aim for 4 stone then see how i feel about trying again for another baby at 18stone or see how i feela bout carrying CD (which is prob what ill do as i really really want a 'proper baby bump' for once!)

im really looking forward to chatting to you all here and not feeling like the odd one out for once as ive never come across a forum for people my size.

sorry for the very very long (and probably slightly graphic) post!!

ps if anyone can share any thoughts about CD with my id be really gratefull, thanks xx

right......STOP TYPING, STOP TYPING!!!

Hello Lizzie :D

You will find all the support you need on the website. I've been on CD for a month now and I must honestly say it is the best diet I have ever been on. Feel free the search the threads for questions or post your own.

Good luck on your weightloss journey.

Hello Lizzie,
I absolutely understand how you feel. I was exactly the same weight as you (21st9lbs) when I started VLCD in January this year. I saw it as a last chance at any kind of normal life. I was in constant pain and could hardly walk across the room. My blood pressure was dangerously high, and I was taking 3 lots of medication. I stuck to the foodpacks only part of the diet for 7 months, before working my way through the other stages. I have now lost just ove half my body weight. I weigh 10st11lbs so have lost 10st12lbs.
My life has changed in every way, and I don't take any medication. From a "snug" size 32 to a 12.
You CAN do it. Come on here for support whenever you need to. After the first 2 weeks you will have lost a stone, and there'll be no stopping you.
Well done for taking responsibilty, and for making the decision which will transform your life (and that of your children)
Ann xxx

Hi lizzie,i've just loined the site tonight as also.

I can totally understand where your coming from, huge belly, varicous veins, unsightly orange bumps (can't remember what it's called offically)

I know no matter what anyone says to you, you will listen and take heed, but when it comes to loosing weight , in the end, it's only ourselves that we can truly count on, after all we are the ones stuffing all sorts in our mouths.

best of luck to you lizzie xx

Welcome to the wemitts Lizzie, I am looking forward to reading all about your progress in the coming months. We really do understand about all the issues involved in being very overweight so you will find a lot of support in here, and what better an incentive to lose the weight than a new baby! Good luck hun xx

p.s. a warm welcome to you too ' i~want~this~so~much '

Welcome Lizzie!

Hi Lizzie, and welcome,:D welcome,:D welcome. :D

You have come to the right place!

I only started 5 weeks ago and have to say that I am already benefitting have lost 32lbs in the first 4! (weigh in 5 tonight).

It is a hard diet but boy does it work! I promise you that if you can stick to it you will feel so much better.. I was a lot heavier than you are now when I started and I can identify with your health worries . The fact that you have small children - well, this diet will give you more energy to cope with them too - I've found I seem to have more energy, because, I think , it gives you the nutrients and vitamins your body actually needs as opposed to the rubbish we feed ourselves.

What a lovely reason to want to lost the weight too!

I hope your doctor signs all the forms and look forward to sharing your weightloss journey with you! :D

This site is full of inspirational people and the posts on here will encourage and support you so much! Welcome indeed!:D :) :D

:D
Hi lizzie,i've just loined the site tonight as also.

I know no matter what anyone says to you, you will listen and take heed, but when it comes to loosing weight , in the end, it's only ourselves that we can truly count on, after all we are the ones stuffing all sorts in our mouths.

best of luck to you lizzie xx

Welcome to you too!!!! :) :D :) So very true what you have written! You're going to do so well with an attitude like that!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

thank you to you all for that lovely warm welcome! i really do look forward to chatting and supporting, thanks again everyone xx

Back