please can you advise me????

dizzy154

hi guys.. so i have a dilema.. ive been on CD for five days & doing well, im determind to lose weight & stay on CD to reach my target then go into maintence...however its my 30th on the 27th of this month & my partner has organised me a big party in apub fuction room with disco guests & of course booze & food! i havent mentioned this to my counseller yet as i know she will obviously say no to food & especially drinking!!! but your only 30 once & i just dont know the best plan forward??? is it gonna cause a great deal of damage if i endulge a little??? help please! :eek:

Last edited:
Talk to your CDC about maybe having a break from the plan for a bit. You don't have to go completely nuts, you could enjoy it in moderation (maybe have a maintaining your weight wk). It's your 30th and you won't get to do it again hun. x

Yeah why not plan ahead with some lovely low carb treats. Look into Adkins related stuff if you want to stay in ketosis but then there'll be no alcohol. If you want to get boozy on your 30th (and I certainly wouldn't blame you if you did ;) ) you should probably just eat what you want but in moderation (meaning don't totally pig out - stop eating when full, etc). One day off can't hurt, just knock you out of ketosis which you'll have to work at for a couple of days to get back but it'll be worth it to be able to have a fab 30th that you'll never forget. xx

Oooh just wanted to add, no diet should be a prison sentence. Let ya hair down and you've got this far so I don't reckon it'll knock you off the wagon for good. You know what to expect from the first few days of starting CD so you'll just jump straight back on it. have fun hun!!!! :D
xx

Wow! Visualising the food at your 30th birthday party is making me hungry! Haha!

Obviously for optimum weight loss doing the plan 100% is the best advice. And once you come off the diet it is harder (not impossible) to get back on.

However as you say you are only 30 once - and if you intend to eat and drink at your party there are a few ways to do so.

1. if you want to stay in ketosis only drink water, the odd diet coke, eat chicken, tuna, salad, cottage cheese. (unlikely??!!)

2. enjoy the party - but come off SS the day before and go up to one of the higher plans - 1000/1200/1500. Eat and drink sensibly - if possible limit your carbs or eat in moderation and have a glass of water between each alcoholic drink. Next day plenty of water and back on track!

Have a great 30th whatever you decide.

My advice may see harsh but I think you are better off staying on SS. Personal experiences have taught me that these mini breaks we have make it harder to go back on the wagon. You can have a good time without food and the bevy. It's your call but if you can ,please SS. Why not even arrange a reveal party after you have reached target weight to show off the new you @30?

Wish you all the best

Much love

Thembie

I've only been on the CD for 10 days but my CDC told me that if i eat anything at all i will come out of ketosis, has she telling me this to scare me off food and drink lol or is that the truth? Just i noticed someone said that you can eat protein and cottage cheese etc and still be in ketosis, can someone please clear this up for me. Dont worry i'm not gonna stuff myself with chicken and cottage cheese on the basis of this, just curious i suppose.

thanks everyone for your messages... at least i know that others would come of the plan for that one day...don feel so worried about it now.
janey i started on cd 810k and i was allowed a weighed portion of chicken,or fish,or cottage cheese,or quorn plus 3 spoonfulls of white or green vegetables & i still stayed in mild ketosis.. however my weight loss on week one was 3lb.. im on ss now. xx

Last edited:
Back