Please dont laugh but helped needed...........

missclare85

Silver Member
Im joing the gym hopefully on wednesday but im big busted 40 DD/E and when i jump about in my normal bras it hurts ALOT!
So am looking at sports bras but they dont seem to have wires in them? Is that right?
Also on m&s they have high impact sports bras has anyone wore one of these?
Sorry im such a thicko!
Any advice id be very grateful xxx

dont know but a site my friend just bought some bras from cheaper than town was brastop.com i think

just been on they have a few sports bras level 4 support ? for about £26/28 dont know if thats cheaper or what like but worth a look

the best sports ones don't have wires. The ones I use are 'shock absorber'. I think they're by Berli but can't remember. I'm a 36F and they keep my bad boys firmly in one place when I'm running!
M&S ones are pretty rubbish I've found. It's worth paying that little bit extra for the amount of difference it makes. See it as an investment!

I just bought the extra high impact m & s one with the zip up the front and it's FAB!!! Held me in place during a step class and a body combat class so it gets my vote - best sports bra I've ever had

xx

When I was in M & S last week they had loads of different sizes. I think you need to go in and try on anyway as sports bras can vary a little to your normal size.

Good luck

xx

try figleaves.com or bravissimo.co.uk, they have a really good range of sizes

The berlei shock absorber is the best and for bigger sizes you really need that support - I'm a GG so I know! brastop.com are usually the cheapest for the brand names, bravissimo and figleaves usually have better choice but are dearer, though they usually have somethings on sale - worth checking their sites and running a search for your size. Personally I wouldn't recommend M&S for larger sizes.

By the way, sports bras usually feel a bit tight and restricted compared to a normal bra.

I wear Shock Absorbers too - I am 36DD and M & S just isn't heavy duty enough!
If you have a TK Maxx near you it might be worth a look - I always find bargain sports bras in there!

I'm a 40 DD and I bought some sports bras from Matalan for the gym. They are fine for what I do....very low impact treadmill etc. And they are cheap!!

Theres a bravissimo in town now on bold street so they will deffo have soething but i dont know how much theyll be as pricey i think, also the new john lewis is bound to have stuff in lpool 1. good look. p.s. i used shock absorber before and they good, anna kournikiva used to advertise for them!! I not exercised in a while so will need a new one myself when i do! x

I really think you need to try them on for yourself to find what is best for you. I have a shock absorber too and I really do find the M&S one so much more supportive (and so much easier to get in and out of as it zips up the front :))

xx

Just a thought, why dont you pop into M&S and get measured, then you could even buy online once you know your proper size.

hiya hun i'm a 42dd and wear ashock absorber bra did cost me £28 but well worth it the boobies stay in place and are very well supported especially when doing skipping/;star jumps etc the last thing you need is to feel uncomfortable/embarrased when exercising so if you can afford it i would highly recomend the shock absorber

good luck with the continued exercise

Back