PLEASE HEEELP...!!!

East_Star

Hey ppl,

Am just on my second day of restart..when all of a sudden I've been hit by a cold :(....My throat is really really bad and I'm finding it hard to drink my water as its sore esp when I sallow. Can anyone advise me on what to take that won't affect my diet...I really dont want to come off as I have just got my head in the right place..

cheers guys

sarah xxxx

hi,
ive just had the same , so sending lots of sympathy your way.
i found that strepsils helped, they do contain sugar but they didnt knock me out of ketosis.

I am on day 1 of my restart and have a cold too.You can take paracetamol and cup of tea/coffe may help

Good luck x

hope you feel better soon hun.xx

Paracetamols are the safest, you can get some sudafed or something that don't contain citric acid, I went to the chemist and asked the pharmacist for some cold remedy that didn't contain citric acid.

Hope you feel better soon. x

I had exactly the same thing on day 2! my eyes watering, my head hurting when I couffed, really sore to swallow, I went the doctors I was couffing up loads of yucky stuff and doctor gave me antibiotics WHICH I DIDNT TAKE FOR THE DIETS SAKE! and 3 weeks later im still fighting it off, just grit you teeth, have your shakes warm, boil your water, and keep wrapped up xx

You didn't take the antibiotics? Why do you think your doc gave them to you? You could get pneumonia if you keep at it so from my point of view you shouldn't be proud if it still isn't gone after 3 weeks :S

My CDC told me that if I get sick or something bad happens and I need medicine I should break the diet. My health is MORE important than this diet.
If you recover well first you can do the diet a lot better too AND you can be sure your sickness doesn't get worse... I'd like to urge you to consider this advice too, YumyMumy.

As for TS: try the 'safe' remedies. If they do not work you might have to use 'unsafe' - anti-CD remedies..

Back